Small Request
I see you have the news linked up to some RSS feeds, as shown on the front page. Would it be possible to add simple LINK statements in the head of the html? Firefox knows to pick those up and makes it much easier to subscribe. For every "alternate" link ina webpage, Firefox has a 'Subscribe to ...' option in the bottom right corner.

example:
Code:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Mozilla Announcements" href="http://www.mozilla.org/news.rdf">
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,

I'm an RSS newbie, so let me make sure I have this right - if I put this at the top of every page:

Code:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Lurker Lounge News" href="http://www.lurkerlounge.com/index2.php?option=com_rss&feed=RSS2.0&no_html=1">

That would do the trick?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Yep, that worked for me when I pasted it right below the CSS in a copy of the homepage's html.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Dec 30 2004, 11:06 PM Wrote:Yep, that worked for me when I pasted it right below the CSS in a copy of the homepage's html.
[right][snapback]64015[/snapback][/right]
Ok, done.

Yeah, I know - why'd that take so long?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Is it possible to add and RSS feed to each of the individual forums?
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Feb 9 2005, 03:28 PM Wrote:Is it possible to add and RSS feed to each of the individual forums?
[right][snapback]67713[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm, good question (not that I can do anything about it). I'm still an RSS newb myself, but if you could get it read local cookies and only show the topics you haven't read yet that could be sweet.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Feb 9 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:Hmmm, good question (not that I can do anything about it).&nbsp; I'm still an RSS newb myself, but if you could get it read local cookies and only show the topics you haven't read yet that could be sweet.
[right][snapback]67714[/snapback][/right]
I'd love to be able to post up the source code to IPB 2.0.0 and ask if anyone could design one, but it is no longer offered for free and would be legally ambiguous, to be sure. If there's an RSS mod for Invision Power Board, I'm not aware of it.

-Bolty