War of the Ring
I was browsing Wal-Mart the other day when I saw a game called "War of the Ring". From what I could tell from the box, it looked like LotR put to a Warcraft III engine. "Awesome - Blizzard r0x!", I thought. I let my imagination run wild and dreamed there must be units like elven archers, dark riders, trolls, orcs, wraiths, etc. The Hero units were main characters like Gandalf and others. I tried to find out the origin of this game and saw Sierra on the box (*thinks* diablo -> hellfire <> warcraft III -> war of the ring?), and I wasn't so sure anymore...

But in all honesty, Is there anyone who has played this game that can give a yay or nay rating? I thought it would be nice to have a fun LotR PC game to go with the trilogy. I really like the idea that instead of playing as a select few individuals IN a large battle, you actually control the outcome of the battle itself. It would be even better if the fellowship is incorporated in an interactive way too (unlike LotR Risk where the fellowship moves independent of the player).

If you think about it, your helpful comments could be worth $29.99, but don't expect a check in the mail anytime soon.

P.S. Yes, I tried searching: "war of the ring". I got this error: "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

BLEH
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
the Langolier,Dec 31 2004, 12:56 AM Wrote:P.S. Yes, I tried searching: "war of the ring".&nbsp; I got this error:&nbsp; "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

BLEH
[right][snapback]64017[/snapback][/right]

http://www.warofthering.com/

:blink: :blink: :blink:

edit: you fail at Google.