Paladin Resist Aura bug!
The other day I was fighting some Bloodsail Warlocks outside of Booty Bay with Cruniac, my lvl 40 paladin. Being level 40, and current in his skills, he possesses Shadow Resist Aura Rank 2, but his Frost Resist and Fire Resist are both level 1. That means his Shadow Resist Aura increases his shadow resist by 45, while his other auras increase their area resists by only 30.

Well, I encountered this bug while fighting the warlocks who have imps as pet. I would put on my shadow resist to engage the warlock and imp (my logic being the warlock will do more damage than his pet) and once warlock died I would switch to fire resist for the pet.

The bug is you can't turn on a lower rank resist aura to replace a higher one--i.e. I could not switch to my fire resist just by clicking the aura icon. I would get the "A more powerful spell is already active." message, and stay in Shadow Resist aura.

Now, I guess there is the off chance that this is intended, but regardless I urge Blizzard to fix it! A spell that resists one type of damage is NOT the same as a resistance to another damage type!

Just wanted to let people know about this one. :blink:
Out here,
--Ajax
Fun.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
OT: You might want to try killing the imp first. It does less damage, yes, but it has far less hitpoints. And if you take out the imp quick, you can just keep Shadow Resist on the entire time.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
That's a nice bug to find. Make sure to /bug it if you haven't already. You can probably turn off your shadow resist aura by right-clicking on its icon at the top of the screen. Then, you could probably turn on your fire resist aura. Blizzard should still fix this problem, though.
MongoJerry,Jan 5 2005, 12:17 AM Wrote:That's a nice bug to find.  Make sure to /bug it if you haven't already.  You can probably turn off your shadow resist aura by right-clicking on its icon at the top of the screen.  Then, you could probably turn on your fire resist aura.  Blizzard should still fix this problem, though.
[right][snapback]64386[/snapback][/right]

Ordinn on the official forums has confirmed that Blizzard is basically not reading /bug reports any more. GM tickets look like the only way to report now.
Skandranon,Jan 4 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:Ordinn on the official forums has confirmed that Blizzard is basically not reading /bug reports any more.  GM tickets look like the only way to report now.

Woah... I missed that. Can you find the post where this was said? I don't want to sound like I doubt you, but I know that often Blizzard reps are misinterpretted.
MongoJerry,Jan 5 2005, 01:11 AM Wrote:Woah... I missed that.  Can you find the post where this was said?  I don't want to sound like I doubt you, but I know that often Blizzard reps are misinterpretted.
[right][snapback]64389[/snapback][/right]

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post550724

Done. No room for misinterpretation that I can see.
Skandranon,Jan 4 2005, 11:35 PM Wrote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post550724

Done.  No room for misinterpretation that I can see.
[right][snapback]64391[/snapback][/right]

At least they didn't do it the Sony way and just not tell anyone that /bug pretty much did nothing. :D
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Skandranon,Jan 4 2005, 11:35 PM Wrote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post550724

Done.  No room for misinterpretation that I can see.
[right][snapback]64391[/snapback][/right]

Yep, pretty clear. Thanks!
Skandranon,Jan 4 2005, 11:38 PM Wrote:GM tickets look like the only way to report now.
[right][snapback]64387[/snapback][/right]
Heh, that made me laugh. Things suddenly became clear. They don't actually respond to GM pages, they just use them to gather bug reports. :blink: Of the half dozen or so pages I have placed, only one was responded to online, and then by two GMs within minutes of each other. Maybe the real reason they don't answer most times is that they are tripping over each other to get to the ones they can answer. Of course, I always get an apology for them not getting back to me. Does this snip from an email look familiar to anyone else?
Quote:Thank you for contacting us via the in-game petition system. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for being unable to address your issue while you were online.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jan 5 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:Does this snip from an email look familiar to anyone else?

Very familiar. I suggest posting bug reports in the official Blizzard Suggestions forum until they get an actual Bug forum created.
MongoJerry,Jan 5 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:Very familiar.  I suggest posting bug reports in the official Blizzard Suggestions forum until they get an actual Bug forum created.
[right][snapback]64505[/snapback][/right]
Little update: Blizzard will finally be adding a bug report forum finally. They should have done the smart thing and put one up as soon as they took out the /bug command but later is better than never.
Intolerant monkey.