pls advise me with good reasons
im a lvl 14 sorc

i was of plan too specialize in fire
but if i play with my higher lvl necro i see that most sorc are using frozenorb

now could you pls advise my with in what skills i have to put points in to get a strong sorc
i'm not thinking of putting points in lightning(except teleport)

thnx B)

terrorlord666,Jan 1 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:im a lvl 14 sorc

i was of plan too specialize in fire
but if i play with my higher lvl necro i see that most sorc are using frozenorb

now could you pls advise my with in what skills i have to put points in to get a strong sorc
i'm not thinking of putting points in lightning(except teleport)

thnx  B)
[right][snapback]64080[/snapback][/right]

Welcome, and Happy New Year

Some Tactical Advice

The above link has some good advice in it, well reasoned.

After you have read it, let me know if you have any other questions.

Occhi

PS: Edit, I left out this link

Another good link

If those two links confuse you, or if English is not your native language, please PM me.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
actually i need just some advise from some talented sorc's
cause i dont know either i have to putt all my skill points in fire
or also in ice?? :huh:
at the moment im lvl 20 ive played yesterday B)

happy newyear to all B)
terrorlord666,Jan 2 2005, 02:50 AM Wrote:actually i need just some advise from some talented sorc's
cause i dont know either i have to putt all my skill points in fire
or also in ice?? :huh:
at the moment im lvl 20 ive played yesterday B)

happy newyear to all B)
[right][snapback]64120[/snapback][/right]

As you level you will face more and more monsters that are immune to something. So, if you put all your points into fire, you would have no ability to deal with fire immune monsters. So, focusing on two skill trees will give you more options as you progress in the game.
Griselda,Jan 2 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:As you level you will face more and more monsters that are immune to something.  So, if you put all your points into fire, you would have no ability to deal with fire immune monsters.  So, focusing on two skill trees will give you more options as you progress in the game.
[right][snapback]64121[/snapback][/right]
thnx for your advise

i was almost thinking thesame

now im lvl 23 but wath are the best attacks on the ice skill??
terrorlord666,Jan 2 2005, 07:04 AM Wrote:thnx for your advise

i was almost thinking thesame

now im lvl 23 but wath are the best attacks on the ice skill??
[right][snapback]64126[/snapback][/right]

Well, you've noticed lots of sorceresses using frozen orb, right? There are plenty of other viable cold skills, but orb has become the standard. If you're just looking for something that's powerful and easy, that's probably what you want.

Maybe, after you've played through the game with orb, you might want to create a new character and try a different skill.

thnx for the tip
At the moment im lvl 55.
My frozen orb is about 13 and i use blizzard too it is about 9.

When i do baalruns the other people always ask me to teleport,
I can teleport but not as fast as others sorceresses
And i heard people speaking about maphacks
i thought it is a something that you can see the whole map ar something.

If it is,is that cheating?
cause if it's NOT can you plz give me some links where i can download them cause it sounds fun(and it would be easier to do baalruns so i can see where the entrance for the next floor is). B)
terrorlord666,Jan 4 2005, 08:53 AM Wrote:If it is,is that cheating?[right][snapback]64268[/snapback][/right]

It is cheating, as either a moment's thought or a reading of the battle.net usage agreement would tell you; you are not allowed to use any third-party programs on battle.net.
You don't know what you're talking about.
terrorlord666,Jan 4 2005, 05:53 AM Wrote:When i do baalruns the other people always ask me to teleport,

[right][snapback]64268[/snapback][/right]

Been there, put up with that. Just tell them no - it's all you can do. There'll always be some lazy whiner(s) that think everyone should play their way. Well, tough luck for them. Since you're not rigged up to be an 1337 tele-haxor, you're better off just ignoring the babies and either letting some other speed demon fill that role or suggesting the group just walk. It's not worth risking a character death over, SC or HC.
Zingydex,Jan 5 2005, 04:59 PM Wrote:Been there, put up with that.  Just tell them no - it's all you can do.  There'll always be some lazy whiner(s) that think everyone should play their way.  Well, tough luck for them.  Since you're not rigged up to be an 1337 tele-haxor, you're better off just ignoring the babies and either letting some other speed demon fill that role or suggesting the group just walk.  It's not worth risking a character death over, SC or HC.
[right][snapback]64515[/snapback][/right]

Baal runs in pubbies can be a trial. Moral dilemma: a Maphacker shows up and screams on down to the Throne Room. Do you take the TP or slog through the WSK, solo, while they are harvesting the XP of the Minion Bowl O Grits?

One advantage of slogging on through, unless with a very underpowered variant, is that all the points are yours in WSK, all the drops, your merc levels faster if that is a concern to you, and you do not get screwed by bad tactical decisions in HC. Since I played quite a bit of HC last year, that last consideration was paramount.

Tangential to the original question, true, but the silver lining to being in a Baal Run game "solo" is that you can pick up XP at a decent rate without some of the irritations of some well known downside pubbie issues. I realize that this is a better choice for some builds than for others . . .

Have I ever taken that TP . . . sadly, now and again I have.

For shame!

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
You really need to read a few more important links.

Read this one.

What is the Lounge all about?

Down near the bottom, you will find the following words:

Quote:If you came here looking for cheats, we have two words for you: get lost. This isn't the place for you. We promote fair gameplay and a healthy game environment for learning how to play games the way they are meant to be played.

You have a decision to make. Are you a legit or a cheater? Only you can make that decision, based on where you find your fun.

If you want to cheat, good luck to you in your travels on bnet, you will have lots of company. I am sure you will have fun. However, if that is your chosen path, the Get Lost message becomes the only response you will get here.

If you choose to be legit and fair game player, then your welcome here will be warm.

The choice is yours. The evidence of your choice will be provided by you. Some of us are well able to recognize symptoms of the cheater/lamer disease.

This advice was free, and possibly worth every penny you paid for it.

Occhi

terrorlord666,Jan 4 2005, 02:53 AM Wrote:thnx for the tip
At the moment im lvl 55.
My frozen orb is about 13 and i use blizzard too it is about 9.

When i do baalruns the other people always ask me to teleport,
And i heard people speaking about maphacks
i thought it is a something that you can see the whole map ar something.

If it is,is that cheating?
cause if it's NOT can you plz give me some links where i can download them cause it sounds fun(and it would be easier to do baalruns so i can see where the entrance for the next floor is). B)
[right][snapback]64268[/snapback][/right]
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jan 7 2005, 12:00 PM Wrote:Have I ever taken that TP . . . sadly, now and again I have.

[right][snapback]64670[/snapback][/right]

I've never had any real qualms about taking that TP, since finding a pubby game without a hacker or at least the expectation of one ranges between "frustrating" and "impossible". My only hedge is I let someone else go down first so it's not my death message that tells me a runner's TP is hot. Callous but effective - and often neccessary.
Zingydex,Jan 7 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:I've never had any real qualms about taking that TP, since finding a pubby game without a hacker or at least the expectation of one ranges between "frustrating" and "impossible".  My only hedge is I let someone else go down first so it's not my death message that tells me a runner's TP is hot.  Callous but effective - and often neccessary.
[right][snapback]64677[/snapback][/right]

True confessions time. There have been a number of occasions when, in a 3 or 4 person public game where I am working a level or two, someone starts the pp and tp spamming message if no tp comes within a second of their arrival. I usually invite folks as soon as a break in the action permits. In HC, I always make sure I am clear of bad guys before I do admin tasks.

Only ever pulled this once in HC, about two years ago, when I was in a foul mood. Did it again in softcore last week.

The pp/tp spam fills the left half of my screen. I put vigor onto my Paladin and ran into the right half of Throne Room's outer areas, which had not been cleared prior to our lunching on the Bowl O' Grits Minions crowd. I got a bunch of witches and death lords to follow me. Off into a corner I went, on walk now, but Vigored with quick boots (30% faster run) blocking a few blows as I TP'd and went to town. Death Lord was Frenzied when I went up the TP. Invited the spammer and scampered down the WP with Vigor-run on. Took almost no time to get back into the fight.

Our impatient friend got a nice surprise before I was back in the Minion Munching business.

Bonehead was slain by a Death Lord
Bonehead left the game.

Yes, that was just plain mean. I normally just squelch idiots, but for some reason, my mean streak got the better of me.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete

Quote:Our impatient friend got a nice surprise before I was back in the Minion Munching business.   

Serves em right.

I've taken a break from my playing, but I was a fellow HC pubbie player for a very long time. In the begining I invited anyone who asked for a party, even if impolitely. Slowly I got to the point where I would invite only people I saw in my act. Right now I'm at the point where I will only invite either people who ask very nicely, or people whom I randomly come across while out of town.

I join Baal run games, but play solo in them. Less frustration. Also, this behavior came about becasue of so many triggers. I also will never join a party unless they are definitley going to be playing where I intended to play, and even then I'll often change my play areas rather than join a suspicious party.

If someone fills my screen with "pp", I simply hit the N key. I like to be able to read everyone's inane babbling in the games, just in case they tip me off to a new hack or PK method(so I can avoid it), but I don't want my screen filled with garbage. The N key clears everything up nicely for me.
Occhidiangela,Jan 7 2005, 10:06 AM Wrote:What is the Lounge all about?

That link goes to the reply page for one of the earlier posts in this topic. Just thought I'd mention it.

Vijay Prakash
Tichondrius
Arnath - UD Warlock (Tailoring/Herbalism)
Seirei - Troll Priest (Mining/Skinning)
Bhim - Tauren Warrior (Mining/Herbalism)
Quote:Serves em right.

Well, luckily, death in a game is not real, so they actually might learn a lesson. It is much more likely, though, that they'll simply hate you for it, or are too dense (and used to hot tps) to even notice it was a deliberate move, and not just stupidity on your part.

Quote:I've taken a break from my playing, but I was a fellow HC pubbie player for a very long time. In the begining I invited anyone who asked for a party, even if impolitely.

With me, this is mostly a thing of what mood I am in. Usually, I am fairly patient and less restrictive. I also still prefer playing public games over passworded games, unless I wish to play solo, or for specific things, like doing a certain quest in peace.

I will usually not go so far as to avoid playing in parties, even if there is a suspicious character around. What I do is stay a few steps away from those, and generally try to warn the other players of my suspicion when I get suspicious enough to warrant that.

Quote:I join Baal run games, but play solo in them. Less frustration.

In that case, maybe the better option is to find a game with a party in acts one to four. I know, it usually forfeits the purpos of an "act 1 quests" game if you join and hack away in act five, but a quick, polite question to the other players in the game can eradicate all doubt whether you are welcome (for the extra experience they also gain for another player in the game), or if you aren't (because a friend of theirs can't join because you filled up the last player slot, and the game is full).

It also shows you what kinds of players you are dealing with, and whether you will actually want to stay around this company.

More often than not, you will still get a polite response to a polite question. Even in public games. "Us public players" aren't all immature. Some of us can think, and even talk, and some of us can even talk in "proper English" (which is not my native language, so if parts of what I am saying here are ambiguous, please ask me to clarify).

Quote:If someone fills my screen with "pp", I simply hit the N key. I like to be able to read everyone's inane babbling in the games, just in case they tip me off to a new hack or PK method(so I can avoid it), but I don't want my screen filled with garbage. The N key clears everything up nicely for me.

Sometimes, I find it hard to endure some particularly obnoxious individual. I then go about squelching them. If I feel like it, I'll accompany that by a swift "squelched." char message.

So at least they know I am not listening anymore. As a side note, it sometimes occurs that this chat message of mine is soon followed by "<Annoying person> left the game."

So, you see, even in a very limited environment like battle.net, it is still possible to utilize several means of subtle diplomacy that lie somewhere between ignorance and murder. :-)
Quote:Well, luckily, death in a game is not real, so they actually might learn a lesson. It is much more likely, though, that they'll simply hate you for it, or are too dense (and used to hot tps) to even notice it was a deliberate move, and not just stupidity on your part.

Agreed. I personally have never killed anyone maliciously, but I can sympathize with the motivation. I simply ignore people who annoy me in game. It's not worth my energy/time to try to get back at them or to get upset myself.

Quote:In that case, maybe the better option is to find a game with a party in acts one to four. I know, it usually forfeits the purpos of an "act 1 quests" game if you join and hack away in act five, but a quick, polite question to the other players in the game can eradicate all doubt whether you are welcome (for the extra experience they also gain for another player in the game), or if you aren't (because a friend of theirs can't join because you filled up the last player slot, and the game is full).

Woah, you are going out of the way to be polite here. I *do* often join the low act questing games to level, but I just begin playing without asking if I'm welcome. They made a "public" game. If you want to restrict it to friends, use a password. If you want to limit people playing in higher acts, use level restrictions. If someone asks me without cursing, I'd certainly leave. But most of the time no words are exchanged at all. Though I do usually help other players with act bosses if asked (I refuse to rush people, but will often help them with the bosses if they can get there by themselves).

Quote: "Us public players" aren't all immature. Some of us can think, and even talk, and some of us can even talk in "proper English" (which is not my native language, so if parts of what I am saying here are ambiguous, please ask me to clarify).

I agree actually. I've always liked public games, and have found them much more maligned than they deserve. I've met plenty of people whom I can respect, and have a decent conversation with on West HCL. When I find a quality player, it's usually readily apparent. Quality players tend to gravitate to each other, and I have plenty of people on my friends list, all of whom were met in public games.

I do play hardcore only though, and in hardcore you need to accept a reality of public play: If you play enough public HC, you will be PKed, or simply killed by someone else's mistakes. I can deal with that; it is simply a game after all.
I'll allow the PKs and cheaters to have as little impact on my playing as possible.
Quote:Woah, you are going out of the way to be polite here. I *do* often join the low act questing games to level, but I just begin playing without asking if I'm welcome. They made a "public" game. If you want to restrict it to friends, use a password. If you want to limit people playing in higher acts, use level restrictions. If someone asks me without cursing, I'd certainly leave. But most of the time no words are exchanged at all. Though I do usually help other players with act bosses if asked (I refuse to rush people, but will often help them with the bosses if they can get there by themselves).

In all honesty, that is also my everyday experience. I by all means don't always ask...but when somebody complains...unless they are being extremely impolite, I leave without as much as a whimper. ;-)

As to helping...yes, I've done a few rushes. Yes, I've even sometimes, when a person asked politely from the start, even gone to lengths as going shopping for them in later act, or even picking up items that were worthless for me and delivering them back to earlier acts unasked.

I have also at times been extremely unhelpful and egomaniac. I claim both, being helpful and being selfish, to be my inherent rights as an individual, so long as by being selfish, I do not harm others (...any more than I would harm myself by not being selfish).

On a note on the original topic and to the original poster:

Please take the time to use proper capitalization of words. People around this forum really put value in well readable forum postings. And while I might use similar language in other places, you will find that other Lurkers will be much more helpful and more readily available for counsel if they get the impression that you take some effort and time in asking them for help (and thus in turn requesting from them that they sacrifice part of their time in your favor).

That said, have fun playing your sorceress. And remember: a "ruined" build is not the end, but rather the beginning of a "better" next try.