Jewels
What actually happens when you socket + max and ed jewel into:

A weapon

A non-weapon

I know weapons add to just weapon damage and come into the formula before non weapons do, but 1. do the char screens lie in this and 2. I recall AS saying something about if you have these mods, only the + max works.

Then again, I take AS' "information" with a grain of salt and the char screen for that matter.

I've already tested this a bit with myself and my mercenary on single player. A helm with x3 30 ed 20 max jewels yeilded the same total damage as x3 20 max jewels with no ed. Is this just a simple mistake of the total damage display or do ed and max damage not work well together?
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
The basic bug is that if there exists +min or +max on a non-weapon item and you attempt to add %ed by socketing a jewel (or presumably a rune - ie Ohm - haven't actually tested that) then the %ed will not apply to the pre-existing +damage bound (ie if there is existing +max it will only add %ed to minimum damage, if there is +min it will only add %ed to max, and if there is both +min and +max it won't add to either).

Weapons are not affected by this at all.

It happens both in the char screen and in actual play.

Unfortunately, when a jewel with both %ed and +min or +max is socketed, the game adds the +min/max first, then when it goes to add the %ed it hits the bug. This is the most obvious way to run into the bug. However, you can also see it by socketing +max first and then %ed, and also not see it by socketing %ed and then +max (that works fine - +max won't cancel existing %ed, it will just bug any future %ed added).
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke
Thanks a bunch, Very useful information.

Currently, I'm making a lld asn since the HL duelers all require uber runes and such, just being plainly rich.

I tested out using a damage formula where the damage was much better on a +9 max/+20% ed jewel for each socket, but according to this, the 14 max jewels will go much better with perhaps a decent ed jewel in my pelta lunata.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.