Death runeword
Hi , just a quick question

I want to make a Death runeword in a 1h sword , is a phase blade good enough for this , after weeks of searching this is the only thing I could find , so am about to socket it . Thanks for any input .
Take care
Raven Vale,Jan 7 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:Hi , just a quick question

I want to make a Death runeword in a 1h sword , is a phase blade good enough for this , after weeks of searching this is the only thing I could find , so am about to socket it . Thanks for any input .
[right][snapback]64750[/snapback][/right]

I'd say it's a waste in a non-ethereal item. It's indestructible, so you can just get an extra 50% damage from the ethereal item (though you would lose the ability to recharge.
Well , cannot fault you on the response time :) , Cheers , your advice is valuable as always , on with the search for that Eth weapon , any particular types , remembering I want to use this in one hand . Thanks .

Oh yeah its the charge , pointless really if I cannot recharge it , you would think if they are making items like this you should be able to recharge them , or whats the point ?
Take care
Pretty much depends on what you want to use it for.
Watch out for the weapon speed; death has no IAS in it, so only a select few characters might enjoy it without going bald while waiting for the next swing.
Well I thought with the WoW beta finally happening I will once again be consigning D2 to the murky depths once more , so I went and socketed the phase blade for my barb , he now dual wields Death and Lawbringer , for the next day or two at least :)
Take care