Bersek Questions
Berserk says that it converts 100% physical damage to magic.

1. So enhanced damage granted from jewels socketed in my helm will count twords the Berserk damage?

2. Deadly strike will double my total berserk damage?

I'm under the impression that with Vengeance, the enhanced damage will be added as physical after the calculation of the elemental damage and that Deadly Strike will again, only affect physical damage calculated afterwords.

cheshirecatposer,Jan 12 2005, 10:22 AM Wrote:Berserk says that it converts 100% physical damage to magic.

1. So enhanced damage granted from jewels socketed in my helm will count twords the Berserk damage?

2. Deadly strike will double my total berserk damage?

I'm under the impression that with Vengeance, the enhanced damage will be added as physical after the calculation of the elemental damage and that Deadly Strike will again, only affect physical damage calculated afterwords.
[right][snapback]65118[/snapback][/right]

1. Yes. The jewel's ED will up your physical damage, and your physical damage is then converted to magic damage.

2. Yes. Note that deadly strike and the critical strike % from weapon masterys cannot stack to create 4x the damage. If one of them triggers, doubling your damage, the other cannot double it again.

It's handled differently than vengeance.
So do Crit and Deadly stack in %?

Like Deadly Strike 25% chance and Crit 25% will make 50% to double damage?
cheshirecatposer,Jan 12 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:So do Crit and Deadly stack in %?

Like Deadly Strike 25% chance and Crit 25% will make 50% to double damage?
[right][snapback]65139[/snapback][/right]

No. They're rolled separately, but the damage will still only be doubled if both trigger.

A 25% DS + a 25% CS gives a total of a 44% chance of double damage.

For the total chance of double damage, use any of these formulas (where CS and DS are your chances, in decimal):
CS + (1 - CS) * DS
DS + (1 - DS) * CS
1 - (1 - CS) * (1 - DS)
CS + DS - CS * DS
adeyke,Jan 12 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:They're rolled separately, but the damage will still only be doubled if both trigger.
[right][snapback]65140[/snapback][/right]

I know what you mean, but that's a somewhat ambiguous way of phrasing it ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.