medium and heavy armors
I've read somewhere that medium armors have 5 % penalty for attacks speed,and heavy ones have 10 %.
If they have a penalty for attacks speed,how much do they slow attacks down,such as whirlwind or zeal?
For instance,let's say that a barbarian whirlwinds with a balrog blade which has 35 % increased attack speed ;the last breakpoint speed is reached when a balrog blade got 35 % ias (according to diablo2.ingame.de).If the barbarian holds a medium or heavy armor,is the whirlwind slowed down ? That is,is the last breakpoint not reached when a medium/heavy armor is worn ?

Abramelin,Jan 13 2005, 06:43 PM Wrote:I've read somewhere that medium armors have 5 % penalty for attacks speed,and heavy ones have 10 %.
If they have a penalty for attacks speed,how much do they slow attacks down,such as whirlwind or zeal?
For instance,let's say that a barbarian whirlwinds with a balrog blade which has 35 % increased attack speed ;the last breakpoint speed is reached when a balrog blade got 35 % ias (according to diablo2.ingame.de).If  the barbarian holds a medium or heavy armor,is the whirlwind slowed down ? That is,is the last breakpoint not reached when a medium/heavy armor is worn ?
[right][snapback]65301[/snapback][/right]

The only thing they slow down is run/walk speed.
Abramelin,Jan 14 2005, 01:43 AM Wrote:I've read somewhere that medium armors have 5 % penalty for attacks speed,and heavy ones have 10 %.

Medium and heavy armor slow movement speed, but not attack speed. Same with medium and heavy shields. They also increase the rate of stamina expenditure.

'medium' (5% reduction)
Ring Mail / Linked Mail / Diamond Mail
Chain Mail / Mesh Armor / Boneweave
Splint Mail / Russet Armor / Balrog Skin
Field Plate / Sharktooth Armor / Kraken Shell
Gothic Plate / Embossed Plate / Lacquered Plate
Ancient Armor / Ornate Armor / Sacred Armor
Large Shield / Scutum / Hyperion
Gothic Shield / Ancient Shield / Ward

'heavy' (10% reduction)
Scale Mail / Tigulated Mail / Loricated Mail
Plate Mail / Templar Coat / Hellforge Plate
Full Plate Mail / Chaos Armor / Shadow Plate
Tower Shield / Pavise / Aegis

edit: or maybe nix the whole increased stamina angle, replied before reading the rest of the thread.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
protoshoggoth,Jan 14 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:Medium and heavy armor slow movement speed, but not attack speed.  Same with medium and heavy shields.  They also increase the rate of stamina expenditure.

'medium' (5% reduction)
Ring Mail / Linked Mail / Diamond Mail
Chain Mail / Mesh Armor / Boneweave
Splint Mail / Russet Armor / Balrog Skin
Field Plate / Sharktooth Armor / Kraken Shell
Gothic Plate / Embossed Plate / Lacquered Plate
Ancient Armor / Ornate Armor / Sacred Armor
Large Shield / Scutum / Hyperion
Gothic Shield / Ancient Shield / Ward

'heavy' (10% reduction)
Scale Mail / Tigulated Mail / Loricated Mail
Plate Mail / Templar Coat / Hellforge Plate
Full Plate Mail / Chaos Armor / Shadow Plate
Tower Shield / Pavise / Aegis

edit: or maybe nix the whole increased stamina angle, replied before reading the rest of the thread.
[right][snapback]65359[/snapback][/right]
I'm pretty sure they also increase stamina expenditure. I tend to run out of stamina while using hawkmail and sigon's guard very quickly.

Also, do large and gothic shields really lower your speed? I know they are medium, but I read on diabloii.net that shields were bugged so that they're penalties rounded down to 0 except for tower shields.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Jan 17 2005, 09:57 PM Wrote:I'm pretty sure they also increase stamina expenditure.  I tend to run out of stamina while using hawkmail and sigon's guard very quickly.

They do increase stamina drain, yes.

Quote:Also, do large and gothic shields really lower your speed?  I know they are medium, but I read on diabloii.net that shields were bugged so that they're penalties rounded down to 0 except for tower shields.
[right][snapback]65701[/snapback][/right]

I've never heard of such a bug. There isn't a distinction between heavy armour and heavy shields, or between medium armour and medium shields.
That bug was correct, but according to bug fix lists it was actually fixed in one of the patches, can't remember which one, but is definately included in 1.10.