Crafting and Automods
I'm considering crafting a Safety Amazon Spear
I have a decent understanding of how the extra affixes are chosen, but I am curious about how the +1-3 Javelin & Spear Skills automod is handled.

If I understand correctly, the automod will be re-rolled when the crafting is done.

1) am I guarenteed at least a +1 or is it possible that the automod disappears entirely?

2) If the automod remains, but is re-rolled, does it use the same ALvls as the Harpoonists, Spearmaidens, and Lancers affixes? (i.e. will ILvl detirmine whether it's eligible for +3) or does it just pick randomly (33% chance of each) regardless of ILvl?

3) Am I correct in thinking that the automod does not prevent the selection of +1-2 Amazon Skills or +1-2 Javelin & Spear Skills from group 125 of the affixes?

Thanks
US East Administrator on The Amazon Basin

[Image: mikeandroe.png]
mikeandroe,Jan 17 2005, 06:00 PM Wrote:I'm considering crafting a Safety Amazon Spear
I have a decent understanding of how the extra affixes are chosen, but I am curious about how the +1-3 Javelin & Spear Skills automod is handled.

If I understand correctly, the automod will be re-rolled when the crafting is done.

1) am I guarenteed at least a +1 or is it possible that the automod disappears entirely?

All non-magic/magic/rare/crafted amazon spears have automods.

Quote:2) If the automod remains, but is re-rolled, does it use the same ALvls as the Harpoonists, Spearmaidens, and Lancers affixes? (i.e. will ILvl  detirmine whether it's eligible for +3) or does it just pick randomly (33% chance of each) regardless of ILvl?

There are three amazon spear automods:
+1 javelin/spear skills, requires alvl 1, frequency 3, can spawn on non-magic/magic/rare/crafted
+2 javelin/spear skills, requires alvl 40, frequency 2, can spawn on non-magic/magic/rare/crafted
+3 javelin/spear skills, requires alvl 60, frequency 1, can spawn on non-magic/magic, but not rare/crafted

So on a crafted amazon spear, there are basically two cases to consider. If it's alvl 1-39, it gets +1. If it's alvl 40+, it has a 3/5 = 60% chance of +1 and a 2/5 = 40% chance of +2.

(Amazon javelins are a subset of amazon spears).

Quote:3) Am I correct in thinking that the automod does not prevent the selection of +1-2 Amazon Skills or +1-2 Javelin & Spear Skills from group 125 of the affixes?

Thanks
[right][snapback]65681[/snapback][/right]

Correct. The automods all have their own affix groups, starting with 300. The amazon spear automods, for example, are affix group 302.
adeyke,Jan 17 2005, 09:32 PM Wrote:So on a crafted amazon spear, there are basically two cases to consider.  If it's alvl 1-39, it gets +1.  If it's alvl 40+, it has a 3/5 = 60% chance of +1 and a 2/5 = 40% chance of +2.

Excellent, thank you.

US East Administrator on The Amazon Basin

[Image: mikeandroe.png]