Hot Key layout
Hi! This is my first post on this forum.

Does anybody have a hotkey rebinding they would like to share that works really well? There are so many different spells and abilities and targeting keys and chat keys. I type poorly (at age 56 this isn't likely to change), and it slows me down. I have 6 extra programmable buttons on my mouse, but that isn't enough.
I actually went out and bought a Nostromo Gamepad n52, thinking it would help, but for some reason when I have it hooked up it disables my ability to cast spells on non party members, and so I am going to return it.
Of course the multiple hotbar feature is potentially nice, but if I forget to switch it back it creates unintended effects or noneffects.
I welcome any suggestions.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Jan 18 2005, 01:01 AM Wrote:Hi! This is my first post on this forum.

Does anybody have a hotkey rebinding they would like to share that works really well?  There are so many different spells and abilities and targeting keys and chat keys.  I type poorly (at age 56 this isn't likely to change), and it slows me down.  I have 6 extra programmable buttons on my mouse, but that isn't enough.
I actually went out and bought a Nostromo Gamepad n52, thinking it would help, but for some reason when I have it hooked up it disables my ability to cast spells on non party members, and so I am going to return it.
Of course the multiple hotbar feature is potentially nice, but if I forget to switch it back it creates unintended effects or noneffects. 
I welcome any suggestions.
[right][snapback]65712[/snapback][/right]

One of the UI mods such as Cosmos or CTMod or any of the others listed in the Stickied WoW Community Add-On list should be helpful. I know I have problems playing without the extra bars displayed and I don't bind keys to a lot of them, I just end up using them to have things much simpler to click on to use. Though I will bind the first and 2nd bar to keys (I use cosmos) so I have key access to my most common stuff. But the standard WoW interface falls short when it comes to ease of use for skills.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Thanks. I'll try it.

edit: the extra toolbar really helps. Thanks again.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]