Strafe damage calculator
I made a strafe damage calculator.

Check it out here

Regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory
HunkyDory,Jan 18 2005, 05:44 PM Wrote:I made a strafe damage calculator.

Check it out here
Regards, Hunky
[right][snapback]65826[/snapback][/right]

Nice piece of work.

Some improvement I would suggest:

* larger text boxes for output values, when calculating with high damage bows, the numbers are bigger than the box size.

* Text boxes should only read out in integer values, as that is what the game will use.

* A legend for you acronymns (ie. I don't know what ASD stands for, I am assuming YFana is non-player Fanatasism and PFana is Player Fanatasism from FAITH but I could be completely wrong)

* Maximum Damage should be listed underneath Minimum Damage

* Amplify Damage is assuming 0% physical resistance on a monster, a better depection would be a calculation with a Combat shrine.

* Average Damage per Second, since you already have the break points listed.

[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
* larger text boxes for output values, when calculating with high damage bows, the numbers are bigger than the box size.

can you give an example of this please?

* Text boxes should only read out in integer values, as that is what the game will use.

Game displays integers but uses internally floating point math for the calculations.
Average damage is a computed value which will always end up as floating point format.

* A legend for you acronymns (ie. I don't know what ASD stands for, I am assuming YFana is non-player Fanatasism and PFana is Player Fanatasism from FAITH but I could be completely wrong)
maybe one day, right now I am too lazy...... :D

* Maximum Damage should be listed underneath Minimum Damage
That would mess up the layout but would me more handy and clear than it is now, again maybe one day when I am not too lazy.

* Amplify Damage is assuming 0% physical resistance on a monster, a better depection would be a calculation with a Combat shrine.
Actually it assumes 100% Physical Immune if you take a good look

* Average Damage per Second, since you already have the break points listed.

I don't bother about IAS anymore since the NextHitDelay with Strafe and Average Damage per second depends on your chance to Hit anyway in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the input :D

Regards, Hunky
I tinkered around a little bit with it after Chameleon remarks :

I grouped the damage outputs to make them more comprehensible without the (still missing) help.

Made the output boxes larger so you can try it out impossible bows et al.

regards, Hunky
HunkyDory,Jan 20 2005, 07:13 PM Wrote:I tinkered around a little bit with it after Chameleon remarks :

I grouped the damage outputs to make them more comprehensible without the (still missing) help.

Made the output boxes larger so you can try it out impossible bows et al.
regards, Hunky
[right][snapback]65989[/snapback][/right]

As for impossible bows, I used my Harmony Ward Bow (267%) for the testing, and that is what didn't fit into the pervious text boxes :D
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*