Things I like about D II
One of my fav things about Diablo (any version) is the sound that rings and gems make when they are dropped.:D

Nor
All these replies and no one mentioned the delightful "crushed ice" sound of frozen monsters when they shatter? Or did I miss it? In any case, I love it. :wub:
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Ahh, this forum is quite quiet but it is quite an old game, unfortunately.;)

Things I like:

- Certain characters' *cough* fashion statements
- The fact that almost everything wants to kill you. It's quite funny to see a bunch of birds, insects, yeti, zombies, fallen, and other things with only one goal in mind-- to kill you. I feel so special.;)
- Now that in mind, why would anyone drink from those wells?
- The fact that swarms are immune to physical in hell. Yea, I kinda knew that hitting at bugs with a sword wasn't gonna be a good idea. Even if it were magic.
- The fact that you can raise a skeleton from those bugs. Huh?
- Watching a hc leecher get slain by fire. Leave those barrels alone!
- Dropping gold all over the place
- Passing down obsolete items to my merc or other people.
- Escaping the game faster than anyone else when necessary.
- Killing people who use hacked gear.:o
- Tping back to town and joining everyone else in bashing PK's and bot spammers from the safety of town of course. One of those few bonding experiences you can have with people on bnet.-_-

- Giving someone new to the game a low level unique or rare that makes them think they found the holy grail.
- Using corpse explosion to save a trapped party member. Whoo!

Enemies shattering so they can't be revived. Although a bummer for a necro
- The mercenary shattering. Hehe.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:- Now that in mind, why would anyone drink from those wells?

I was always taken aback at how much my Sorc would drink. I mean, if she was a barbarian I'd understand. But really, twice her body size in water?:P

Quote:- Dropping gold all over the place

I have fond memories of finding Larzuk's secret stash in Act5 with fellow loungers.

Sigh. What a great game.

:D

Cheers,

Munk

Finding out something new, after all those years. :rolleyes:

Apparently the Ruined Temple always was the one with the vines on it. Once I *knew* it was the one that always faced south, I never did stop to examine it. :blush:

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:Finding out something new, after all those years. :rolleyes:

Apparently the Ruined Temple always was the one with the vines on it. Once I *knew* it was the one that always faced south, I never did stop to examine it. :blush:

It's always in the Kurast Bazzar too. It's a bit lame how the book is always in that one.
However, I always forget this, and have to relearn it anyways, so not all is lost. Act 3 quests are of the hair pulling variety.;)
Quote: Act 3 quests are of the hair pulling variety.;)
I beg to differ. :P

I know I am swimming against the tide on this one, but I really do like Act 3. :wub:
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

Quote:I beg to differ. :P

I know I am swimming against the tide on this one, but I really do like Act 3. :wub:

Ah, everyone has their favorite spots. One wonders how many people who play this game ever venture into The Hole, The Pit, or those funky red portals in Act 5. I personally like those caves underneath the Crystaline Passage and Glacial Trail, aka to other people "Wait, where?":)

Also today, something hit my decoy and it started bleeding! I've never seen it before, and was quite curious, it's nice that after so many years that the game surprises me.

Another thing I only noticed lately: Zombie mumbling "brainnns!" That seemed like a duh, but I never noticed before.;)
Quote:I beg to differ. :P

I actually like act3 as well ShadowHM. One of my favorite places was Flayer jungle. Watching all those little guys explode after a frozen orb blast, die by a Whirlwinding Barb with a lance in Classic DII, or be fell by a flury of magic hammers by a disco-posing paladin never got old.

The only part of Act3 that I really hated was assembling the different parts. Some of those dungeons made me claustrophobic. Then again, since I disliked it so much, it speaks to how much DII could suck a person into the atmosphere.

Cheers,

Munk

PS.I'm with you Archon_Wing, Crystalline Passage and Glacial Trail were some of my favorite places in Act5 (that and Nihls temple in 1.08). My favorite part was finishing those dungeons.
After I've started D2 again, I've grown to hate those spawning maggot/beast things in act 4. So I've developed the diabolical tactic of casting attract so their children start attacking their mother and then using the mother's corpse to blow up the children. Necro-turned domestic counselor, eh?:o

Quote:After I've started D2 again, I've grown to hate those spawning maggot/beast things in act 4. So I've developed the diabolical tactic of casting attract so their children start attacking their mother and then using the mother's corpse to blow up the children. Necro-turned domestic counselor, eh?:o
I never did like those maggots much... <_<

So I took great pleasure, this evening, in my Low Heroes team game, in frying them with Firestorm. :D
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

Quote:I never did like those maggots much... <_< So I took great pleasure, this evening, in my Low Heroes team game, in frying them with Firestorm. :D
Pardon me, Shadow, but that's the Low Rent Legion. ;)

Low Heroes are splitters. :lol:

Things to still enjoy:

The sound of flayers dying gives me great joy. I have mixed feelings about Act III. On the one hand, in Hell there is the Marsh and those damnable Gloams. Cheese. And dolls. (We hates them, precious.) On the others, the joy of finding the Ormus Ring, and its uberness, is still good for some laughs. Also, Kurast is loaded with treasures, so finding the odd Guillam's Face or Messerschmidt's Reaver is sorta neat.

Learning how to use Attract and Confuse in the past few months as a necro has been sorta fun, since it helped me rediscover Corpse Explosion as a joyful exercise in carnage.

Using ethereal Rares to make Iron Golems. Using Bone Prison to trap LEB's, and soak up LE sparks, that my merc is whacking (a trick I learned from Charis in the Legion of Greiz) is another good time.

Finding a ethereal rare that has "repairs 1 point in 33 seconds" is also kind of neat.

I miss the 1.10 beta bug/feature, wherein one could stack Battle Cry on top of Taunt and render the damage output of monsters virtually nil.

Oh well.

In the Low Rent Legion, LowRent_Ruffian is using Howl as his primary war cry, and I am discovering that in some cases it acts as a stun to normal monsters.

More to learn, more to follow.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Pardon me, Shadow, but that's the Low Rent Legion. ;)
:blush::blush:

Cheaptrix still yearns to be a bona fide hero though! It might be an uphill struggle, but he intends to give it his best shot. :lol:

Quote:In the Low Rent Legion, LowRent_Ruffian is using Howl as his primary war cry, and I am discovering that in some cases it acts as a stun to normal monsters.

More to learn, more to follow.

Occhi

And isn't that the best thing of all? That there is still something to learn after playing a game for all these years? :D
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

Quote::blush::blush:

Cheaptrix still yearns to be a bona fide hero though! It might be an uphill struggle, but he intends to give it his best shot. :lol:
And isn't that the best thing of all? That there is still something to learn after playing a game for all these years? :D
Oh yes, I am still experimenting with Cloak of Shadows, and its effects on AI. Not convinced I have it quite right yet.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(02-26-2005, 11:30 PM)Nystul Wrote:
Occhidiangela,Feb 23 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:Secret is the key there . . .&nbsp; Wink
[right][snapback]68832[/snapback][/right]

No doubt!

I won't reveal all of the secrets of Diablo, but here's a starter for you all. The Butcher's Chamber in Diablo was roughly shaped like a cube. There is a seldom heard riddle on the Diablo CD hinting for the player to cast town portal in the butcher's chamber. The riddle is told by Wirt. I guess you can see what I'm saying here.

Now that you know the typical methods behind Blizzard's madness, finding the secret gem level should be no problem.

That Diablo1 Quest bit was a removed part of the butcher - - he not only had his own room on dlvl2, he also had his own level.