secret area
(this might look a bit stupid if the topic has been mentioned once allready, but in the last years, I haven't seen anybody writing about it here)

Usually I play SP, but sometimes I play with some friend over a LAN.
The last time we played (Hell, jail or catacombs). I saw this wall in the form of a square (on the map) and inside there was movement. So I looked around a bit and I could enter it (but there was no door).

So this kind of "secret area", is it always there or only in multiplayer?
And does it have a function? There were several chests and monsters there but they did not give anything worthwhile.

Does anybody know more about this?
Thanks in advance

eppie
It's there in single player too.

If the other people didn't show you, you click on a slightly different looking section of wall to get the opening.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Hail eppie,

I think there even were some pics on someones HP that showed the "entrances" to such secret areas... guess I have to start a'diggin'...

Anyway: I've seen them in Multi and SP, as Minionman said, just keep clickin' the walls near unaccesable areas or unaccesable areas with monsters in them.

On the other hand, I've never seen good loot in those areas, so maybe it is a waste of time going for them, but if you're the kind to kick all barrels and open all chests, go for it.

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
And it confuses the maphack users to no end. :)
eppie,Jan 23 2005, 09:56 AM Wrote:(this might look  a bit stupid if the topic has been mentioned once allready, but in the last years, I haven't seen anybody writing about it here)

Usually I play SP, but sometimes I play with some friend over a LAN.
The last time we played (Hell, jail or catacombs). I saw this wall in the form of a square (on the map) and inside there was movement. So I looked around a bit and I could enter it (but there was no door).

So this kind of "secret area", is it always there or only in multiplayer?
And does it have a function? There were several chests and monsters there but they did not give anything worthwhile.

Does anybody know more about this?
Thanks in advance

eppie
[right][snapback]66190[/snapback][/right]

*Spoiler?**

Typically, there will be three "panels" in the wall. Click on the center one and it will slide open.]

THe most common one in the jail will appear as a corner with bars, gold on the floor, but no obvious door. Start clicking on wall panels and one will slide open. Once you have done it, you will find other panels that you may want to click. Some opern, some don't.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I've found that the sliding panel is always the one with the triangular crack near the bottom.
Donquonz,Jan 24 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:I've found that the sliding panel is always the one with the triangular crack near the bottom.
[right][snapback]66256[/snapback][/right]
You got it. It's also a little into the wall compared to the other panels.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)