Is it just me or is the Tab key broken
Clicking the Tab key does not always work to select a mob. I seem to recall some discussion about this on another forum, but can't remember where. Having to right click on a mob can be tricky at times.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Jan 25 2005, 07:18 AM Wrote:Clicking the Tab key does not always work to select a mob.  I seem to recall some discussion about this on another forum, but can't remember where.  Having to right click on a mob can be tricky at times.
[right][snapback]66310[/snapback][/right]

There was a recent change (can't dig up the post, search on their forums is dead right now). Now, unless the mob is within your field of vision, the range on the tab key is very short (as if it wasn't short enough already).

I had to get skilled at quickly spinning the camera angle around to get a better view. I also find zooming out further from your character to be helpful.

So--it isn't just you. No, it's not broken, it is functioning the way it is intended, which is to say not very well <_<
There were also some reports of mobs on one side (right side) not getting targeted or something. I don't recall the details. All I know is that it doesn't work as well as it used to and it never worked as well as it should have.
MongoJerry,Jan 25 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:There were also some reports of mobs on one side (right side) not getting targeted or something.  I don't recall the details.  All I know is that it doesn't work as well as it used to and it never worked as well as it should have.
[right][snapback]66348[/snapback][/right]

That's it exactly. It'll work properly for mobs on the left side, but not the right.

Quote:Target Nearest Enemy functionality | 1/11/2005 9:38:31 AM PST         &nbsp;

Intended function of "tab":
- Enemies that are in your field of view can be targeted at a fairly large distance.
- Enemies not in your field of view can still be targeted, but at a much shorter distance.

This is the intended functionality, which was implemented recently.

We have received reports that there is a bug so that this works for the left side of your screen and not for the right side.

Of course, this is not intended and will be addressed if found to be true.

[Update]
We are asking for further information on nearest target functionality from the devs and hope to provide more info to our players shortly.

[Update2]
The dev team has been made aware of the issues with this functionality. They are looking to address them, but the timeline for a fix is not available at this time.

And most of the way down page two of the thread,

Quote:Players, please note the issue with the field of view not working on the right side of the screen.

Linkage: WoW forum thread
I've also noticed with my Warlock that, when a minion is obscuring an enemy, I'm unable to tab to them. Sidestepping to get line of sight AROUND the minion solved the problem.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Jan 30 2005, 05:59 AM Wrote:I've also noticed with my Warlock that, when a minion is obscuring an enemy, I'm unable to tab to them.&nbsp; Sidestepping to get line of sight AROUND the minion solved the problem.
[right][snapback]66725[/snapback][/right]
Are you sure that, by sidestepping, you aren't moving the minion and enemy to the left side of your field of view? Since reading this, when my squishy is partied with a tank, I am able to stand back to see the action. Since reading here what was causing the problem, I have made it a habit to rotate slightly to the right, moving the baddies into the left side of my view. I have not had tab fail me when doing this.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Pantalaimon,Jan 26 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:That's it exactly.&nbsp; It'll work properly for mobs on the left side, but not the right.
And most of the way down page two of the thread,
Linkage: WoW forum thread
[right][snapback]66488[/snapback][/right]

I'll agree, if it's in the 90 degree arc to the left of my nose, tab works fine. To the right, it doesn't.
--Mav