Assassin Skills Discussion
Heiho,

I don't know if they do magical damage ...
They have 25% chance of eating up a corpse, this will get them +100% damage for 20sec. This is a skill additive damage boost similar to offweaponED, so it's added to other boni like Might Aura and suchlike.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
librarian,Apr 19 2006, 02:58 PM Wrote:Heiho,

I don't know if they do magical damage ...
They have 25% chance of eating up a corpse, this will get them +100% damage for 20sec. This is a skill additive damage boost similar to offweaponED, so it's added to other boni like Might Aura and suchlike.
[right][snapback]107791[/snapback][/right]
Ah, so it's physical damage? Learn something new everyday.

Lupine Frenzy: catch it! :w00t:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Heiho,

it's fenris rage in skills.txt. If there is other than physical damage included, it has usually an entry in it saying so, and there seems to be the absence of such an entry.

Note that I'm no big guy in reading this stuff.

NB: I've this board setting activated where you always see the initial posting at the top. Seems to have gone a long way since then ... very surreal, I had to recheck if I've missed the thread with my answer :c)
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
librarian,Apr 19 2006, 04:36 PM Wrote:Heiho,

it's fenris rage in skills.txt. If there is other than physical damage included, it has usually an entry in it saying so, and there seems to be the absence of such an entry.

Note that I'm no big guy in reading this stuff.

NB: I've this board setting activated where you always see the initial posting at the top. Seems to have gone a long way since then ... very surreal, I had to recheck if I've missed the thread with my answer :c)
[right][snapback]107796[/snapback][/right]

Wow. +100% damage. That's pretty good, in fact I think that just very well might be good enough to make it better than spirit wolves or grizzly, especially if you use oak!
Occhidiangela,Jan 27 2005, 04:26 PM Wrote:Who has tested Wake of Inferno, beyond some of the Next Delay discussions we had here during "1.10 Beta" and found out what and where the holes are in what should be a major Damage Dealer?  My maxed out HC East Trapper disappeared months ago, expired, or I'd test a bit with her.  I am currently playing with other skills.

Occhi
[right][snapback]66543[/snapback][/right]
Next Delay and tactical issues.

Getting this discussion back on track, after the Druid digression (we love dogs :) ) I want to ensure my statements are correct about Shock Web and Blade Sentinal.

As I understand Blade Sentinal and Shock Web, and the Next Delay feature, SW, while active, cancels BS's hits due to Next Delay, and BS being a "missile." Also blocked are attacks of a rogue merc due to her bow attacks being a missile.

Do I have that right?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 25 2006, 08:07 AM Wrote:As I understand Blade Sentinal and Shock Web, and the Next Delay feature, SW, while active, cancels BS's hits due to Next Delay, and BS being a "missile."  Also blocked are attacks of a rogue merc due to her bow attacks being a missile.

Do I have that right?

Occhi
[right][snapback]108161[/snapback][/right]

NextDelay only comes into play against other specific NextDelay missiles, not missiles generally. So Shock Web can interfere with Sentinal as well as other Shock Webs and any other skills with associated NextDelay missiles. The other relevant Assassin skills are Wake of Fire, Claws of Thunder (charge 2 and 3), and Phoenix (charge 2 and 3). Out of those, Sentinal and SWe are the most problematic as their delays are an excruciating 25 frames in length, while the others are only 4 frames.

It's not just limited to Assassin skills though--a complete list can be found here: http://www.marduke.com/bnet/d2/stats/nextdelay.shtml

Fortunately there's no NextDelay associated with any of the Rogue's natural attacks.
bigeyedbug,Apr 25 2006, 02:13 PM Wrote:NextDelay only comes into play against other specific NextDelay missiles, not missiles generally.  So Shock Web can interfere with Sentinal as well as other Shock Webs and any other skills with associated NextDelay missiles.  The other relevant Assassin skills are Wake of Fire, Claws of Thunder (charge 2 and 3), and Phoenix (charge 2 and 3).  Out of those, Sentinal and SWe are the most problematic as their delays are an excruciating 25 frames in length, while the others are only 4 frames.

It's not just limited to Assassin skills though--a complete list can be found here: http://www.marduke.com/bnet/d2/stats/nextdelay.shtml

Fortunately there's no NextDelay associated with any of the Rogue's natural attacks.
[right][snapback]108182[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for keeping me in touch with that.

I am still trying to fathom the necessity for next delay at all, what with my brain pondering the whole "add all the damage this frame and subtract from previous life total" that the processors can calculate at the speed of electricity.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
The intent is to keep those attacks from affecting targets more than once in a very short period of time. For instance Nova consists of a spray of submissiles, all of which carry the Nova damage. Without NextDelay, Nova would do a lot more damage at close range and to large targets if skill was otherwise unchanged. A better example yet might be Multishot--imagine how the skill would have to be adjusted if it were possible to pump 24+ arrows into a target at close range.

I think you're right though that it does seem like an untidy way to deal with things. But my programming experience ended with Basic, Pascal...and Logo ( :huh: )...so what do I know? :rolleyes:
bigeyedbug,Apr 25 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:The intent is to keep those attacks from affecting targets more than once in a very short period of time.  For instance Nova consists of a spray of submissiles, all of which carry the Nova damage.  Without NextDelay, Nova would do a lot more damage at close range and to large targets if skill was otherwise unchanged.  A better example yet might be Multishot--imagine how the skill would have to be adjusted if it were possible to pump 24+ arrows into a target at close range.

I think you're right though that it does seem like an untidy way to deal with things.  But my programming experience ended with Basic, Pascal...and Logo ( :huh: )...so what do I know?  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]108190[/snapback][/right]
That bloody Viper damage in Hell Nilithak needs to be Next Delayed, if you ask me. Either that, or the physical damage needs to be decoupled from the frame by frame damage application of Poison.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete