Can Lazarus' Fireball be resisted ?
Heya.

Archbishop Lazarus just killed me, taking my life from 182 to 96 with the first shot, and then from 96 to 0 with the second. I watched him do so, because I wanted to know how much damage the lad does (because he managed to bring me down once before).

So here's my question: JG states that the damage type is 'special' for AL, and that he does 126-206 damage in hell. All my resistances were maxed (thus 75%) when I encountered him, so actually he should do no more than 31-51 damage, right?
Well, his second shot measured at least 96 damage. If the spell can't be resisted, though, the first shot of him couldn't have only dealt 86 damage...
So the spell can be resisted, but only 50 % or what? That would mean he can do 63-103 damage, but it doesn't seem quite logic to me.
Could someone please shed some light on this?
Thanks!

Greetings, Fragbait

Edit: Just saw that it isn't only Lazarus' Fireball: an Advocate actually caused me to take 45 damage with one of his fireballs. He should only inflict 16-26 on me...
Is this a bug? Well known possibly, but not by me?
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Quote:Edit: Just saw that it isn't only Lazarus' Fireball: an Advocate actually caused me to take 45 damage with one of his fireballs. He should only inflict 16-26 on me...
Is this a bug? Well known possibly, but not by me?

Any chance that their fireballs do the same thing that player fireballs do? Player fireballs hit once with the impact and then again with the splash damage, effectively doing double damage. Double the damage fits in with the numbers you gave.

I haven't played D1 for a long time though, and I'm not sure if that's true for monster's fireballs as well as players.
Baajikiil,Feb 7 2005, 06:06 PM Wrote:Any chance that their fireballs do the same thing that player fireballs do?  Player fireballs hit once with the impact and then again with the splash damage, effectively doing double damage.  Double the damage fits in with the numbers you gave.

I haven't played D1 for a long time though, and I'm not sure if that's true for monster's fireballs as well as players.
[right][snapback]67474[/snapback][/right]

Yes, those fireballs should splash too :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Feb 7 2005, 11:27 PM Wrote:Yes, those fireballs should splash too :)
[right][snapback]67506[/snapback][/right]

Ok.
Guess I should have consulted the buglist before trying such a thing...
Thanks.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Is there some reason you aren't stone-cursing him?
Thecla,Feb 11 2005, 10:51 AM Wrote:Is there some reason you aren't stone-cursing him?
[right][snapback]67811[/snapback][/right]
Hi,

Three reasons:

- I'm too strong for this evil little bastard :w00t:

- I managed to get hit by a ricochet of him. Surprised by the huge chunk of damage, I opened up JG and what I found (I didn't search thoroughly I admit) left me wondering how much damage he really deals. And I figured to take my chances. Bad idea! :ph34r:

- I generally only use Stone Curse if there's no other way out. I think excessive use of it makes one less careful, and I admit that I hate its mana costs.

Greetings, Fragbait

- Bruce Lee