Bone spirit, Nova and Apocalypse books
Can we have a book of Bone Spirit in Diablo on PS? All the years I played and never found one makes me kinda sad.

I heard too that if you cast Stone Curse on the Warlord of Blood three times in a row, then Bone Spirit then finish him off with fireballs or firebolts, he drops a book of Nova and a book of Apocalypse. I' m totally unsure of this, so if anybody could help, I would be grateful.
Gorlo,Jan 29 2005, 09:09 AM Wrote:I heard too that if you cast Stone Curse on the Warlord of Blood three times in a row, then Bone Spirit then finish him off with fireballs or firebolts, he drops a book of Nova and a book of Apocalypse. I' m totally unsure of this, so if anybody could help, I would be grateful.

Any "cheats" of this nature are invariably myths and lies. Item drops are not determined by how you kill monsters, who kills monsters, where you kill monsters, etc. Drops are determined at game creation.

-Lemmy
who still tells such storys??
i never believed in such lies but there is a 50:50 chance to meet a clvl 20 warrior on dlvl 4 (normal) searching for a secret lvl.
-dani
Ok, surely, but what about the Bone Spirit books. Can we have some or not?
Gorlo,Mar 24 2005, 10:27 AM Wrote:Ok, surely, but what about the Bone Spirit books. Can we have some or not?
[right][snapback]71754[/snapback][/right]

From Jarulf's Guide.

Quote:  The Playstation version of Diablo should be almost identical to the 1.04 version except that you can’t play on Battle.net.  Unless otherwise stated, all information is true for those versions only.  If you want a list of fixes for those patches, look in the file update.txt in your Diablo folder and patch.txt in your Hellfire folder.  As far as I know all information in this guide should be equally true for the PC, Macintosh, and Playstation versions.  If not, I would very much like to hear about it. Hellfire only exists for the PC.

How much Adria Shopping have you done? Book drops are explained in Jarulf's Guide. Go the the link for the guide and look through Item Generation for Adria. Look at the ilvl for items she sells and the ilvl/qlvl for that spell.

As I understand your post, you have experienced a Bone Spirit book not dropping in . . . how many runs through the game?

At what difficulty level?

As I read The Guide, (para 2.70) the Playstation version can get higher difficulty levels, but I have not played on a PS so don't know from personal experience.

With how many tries have you made to find one at Adria?

Jarulf and the contributors to The Guide did most of their discovery via testing. What test have you done? How have you come to the conclusion that Bone Spirit books don't drop in the Playstation version?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I don't have the game with me at the moment to check, but I'm 99.9% sure both bone spirit and bloodstar books are available in PSX diablo. I'm almost certain I have those spells for my spellcasting characters. As a side note, you can get teleport books as well, though they are insanely rare for me (they have a nice sparkly animation not found on the pc version though).

Neither is that impressive, so your not really missing much...