Need help for a 78 light sorc
Hey alll? Hows it going. I was wondering how I could upgrade my Light sorc atm I have 17 charged bolt, 20 light, 20 chain and 20 mastery. Light damage is 4-5k and chain is 4-3k. My gears Is pretty much all normal MF with about 300 and no FC gear. Stats are as follows, 100 str, 32 dex, 174 Vit ,165 energy. The problem is resist is only in the 30s and exp is kinda weak at my lvl in NM but Mepf is doable with only a few deaths. What should I do now? Should I work thru it and do Meph runs and hope for somthing to drop or farm for some resist charms or try to reroll for them? Thanks for your help

Sirbub
"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mustake"
Sirbub,Jan 30 2005, 12:39 AM Wrote:Hey alll?  Hows it going.  I was wondering how I could upgrade my Light sorc atm I have 17 charged bolt, 20 light, 20 chain and 20 mastery.  Light damage is 4-5k and chain is 4-3k. My gears Is pretty much all normal MF with about 300 and no FC gear.  Stats are as follows, 100 str, 32 dex, 174 Vit ,165 energy. The problem is resist is only in the 30s and exp is kinda weak at my lvl in NM but Mepf is doable with only a few deaths.  What should I do now?  Should I work thru it and do Meph runs and hope for somthing to drop or farm for some resist charms or try to reroll for them? Thanks for your help
Sirbub
[right][snapback]66710[/snapback][/right]

NM Meph? Are you sure you don't mean Hell Meph, being clvl78.
Also, more information is needed, like what is your current gear?
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
Chameleon,Jan 30 2005, 03:19 AM Wrote:NM Meph? Are you sure you don't mean Hell Meph, being clvl78.
Also, more information is needed, like what is your current gear?
[right][snapback]66715[/snapback][/right]

My gear is as follows:
ancient armor with 4 PTopaz
Ammy, light gaunt and light plateted boots of luck
Belt with 24 fast hit recovery and some resist
Jewelers great helm with 3Ptopaz
and I battle staff with some light mods on it

I am kinda hopeing on working on a tal set but dont know where to get the peices.

Sirbub
Quote:My gear is as follows:
ancient armor with 4 PTopaz
Ammy, light gaunt and light plateted boots of luck
Belt with 24 fast hit recovery and some resist
Jewelers great helm with 3Ptopaz
and I battle staff with some light mods on it

I am kinda hopeing on working on a tal set but dont know where to get the peices.

Sirbub

From the Gear you list you appear to have 96 + ~90 + 72 ~= 258 Magic Find, which is definately good enough to find decent stuff.
Also, it appears you have Resistances on both Nightmare and Hell.

There are only two ways to get newer and better stuff. Find it yourself. Best place to magic find, I would suggest Nightmare Baal runs and Hell pit runs. Both areas should be rather easy kill sections for you. Or, Trade for it. Since you did not mention where you are playing, Single Player / Open Battle.Net / TCP or Non-Ladder Battle.Net or Ladder Battle.Net, I'll make my gear recomendations with each in mind.

Gear improvement recomendations:
Helm
1. Shako socket with PTopaz (Nightmare Baal can drop)
2. Tarnhelm socket with PTopaz (Anywhere)
3. Your current helm

Body
1. Tal Rasha's Guardianship (Hell Pit run, Hell Meph and beyond, extremely rare)
2. Skulder's Ire (Nightmare Meph and beyond)
3. Wealth Runeword (LEM KO TIR)
4. Your current armor

Belt
1. Tal Rasha's Fine Spun Cloth (don't remember if nightmare baal can drop this or not but findable in most/all of hell difficulty)
2. Arachnid Mesh (Hell Pit low chance, Act4 Hell and beyond best bet, rare)
3. Goldwrap (Normal Meph and beyond)
4. Crafted Caster Belt
5. Disciple Credendum (Nightmare Baal and beyond)

Rings
1. Nagel (anywhere)
2. Stone of Jordan (nightmare and beyond)
3. Faster cast rare/crafted with resistances

Amulet
1. Tal Rasha's Adjudication (Nightmare and beyond)
2. +3 Lightning Skills of Luck (Hell)
3. +2 Sorceress, with resistances and magic find (Hell)

Gloves
1. Chance Guards (anywhere)
2. Magefist (anywhere)
3. Rare/crafted with magic find

Boots
1. Rare/crafted with magic find
2. War Traveler (Nightmare Baal and beyond)

Weapon
1. Occulus (Nightmare Mephisto and beyond)
2. Gull Dagger (anywhere)
3. Blade of Ali-baba (nightmare)

Shield
1a. Spirit Runeword (TAL THUL ORT AMN) only available on Ladder; needs 156 strength to lift a Monarch shield (lightest 4 socket shield)
2a. Splendor Runeword (ETH LUM) only available on Ladder or Non-Ladder
3. Rhyme Runeword (SHAEL ETH)
4. Lidless Wall
5. PDiamond Shield

Now, my sorceress has the following
Occulus, Spirit, Tal Rasha's Guardianship/Fine Spun Cloth/Adjudication, Shako, Magefist and War Traveler, rare ring, nagel ring.

This set up gives her good resistances in hell difficulty (40 fire, 60 cold, 75 lightning, 20 poison), 9 skills, ~100% faster cast, and ~400% magic find.

Only Tal Rasha's Guardianship was traded for, all other parts were magic found.

For faster cast rates use the following calculator http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/zauberspeed.php. It is in German, Zauberin = Sorceress normal spell casting speed, Zauberin (Blitzschlag/Kettenblitz) = Sorceress Lightning/Chain Lightning. Use the appropriate one to see your faster caster options and needs.

Mercenary of choice in my opinion is a Nightmare Act2 Defensive (Holy Freeze).
Weapon, the higher the damage and faster the better.
Armor, as high defense as possible
Helm, Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
and give him Ethereal Items if at all possible, since items don't lose durabilty on a merc.

Well I am out of time here, so good hunting.
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
I must say your very cool!! I wasnt expecting such a detailed list of things. Thx
BTW my rings are nagel rings with 25 MF each and I play online East realm ladder.

Just wondering you said Hell Pit runs were good? Where is the Pit at please?

Sirbub
Sirbub,Jan 31 2005, 03:39 PM Wrote:Just wondering you said Hell Pit runs were good?  Where is the Pit at  please?

Sirbub
[right][snapback]66819[/snapback][/right]

The Pit is located in the Tamoe Highlands (between the Black Marsh and the Outer Cloister) in Act 1. It is one of the areas of the game that always has higher level monsters in Hell - clvl 85. Hence they can drop better items than elsewhere (it doesn't mean they will, of course).

Others include: The Mausoleum (beside where Blood Raven lives), The Maggot Lair (Act 2, the Far Oasis), the Ancient Tunnels (Act 2, The Lost City), the Sewers of Kurast (Act 3), The Forgotten Temple (Upper Kurast, Act 3), The Ruined Fane and the Disused Reliquary (Kurast Causeway, Act 3), The River of Flame and the Chaos Sanctuary (Act 4).

You might find this link useful. It lists the areas by what elements the monsters there will not be immune against.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...=0&#entry504166

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Thx Shadow very informative.

Sirbub