Dual Wield
I've built a rogue who wielded 2 daggers and really enjoyed the fast attack speed. On my new Rogue I'd like to use a sword in the main hand for the increased damage and a dagger in the off hand to boost the attack speed.
1. Can I wield 2 unlike weapons?
2. How are the attack speeds determined? Does each weapon keep its stated attack speed? Or are they averaged? Or is some other formula applied?

Thanks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I haven't gathered any actual evidence, but this is what it seems like it is to me (after having played a rogue for a while):

There's no formula, really. Your weapons will attack at whatever speed they have listed. The thing I'm not sure about is the initial attacks from each hand (they don't appear to be simultaneous, so one must attack at first and the second following shortly thereafter).
-TheDragoon
Alram,Feb 2 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:1. Can I wield 2 unlike weapons?
2. How are the attack speeds determined? Does each weapon keep its stated attack speed?  Or are they averaged? Or is some other formula applied?
[right][snapback]66964[/snapback][/right]

1) Yes, my rogues usually carry a sword or mace in the main hand and a dagger in the off hand. You can also make a macro to swap a dagger from your pack into the main hand when you want to ambush or backstab.

In fact, I prefer two different weapons, because you gain skill in both, increasing the likelihood that something you find will be IMMEDIATELY useful. Always put the weapon with the highest average damage (ignoring weapon speed) into your main hand. Backstab, Sinister Strike and Hemorrhage all do weapon damage on an instant attack, ignoring weapon speed... so the faster weapon generally goes in the off hand.

2) They attack at the same speed they would if you were to just weild one.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Your observtions on attack speed seem correct. Now have a sword in the main hand and a dagger in the off hand and can't use Backstab. I downloaded and installed an addon to Cosmos which includes instructions on how to write the macro for WeaponSwap, but...it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Feb 2 2005, 11:34 PM Wrote:Your observtions on attack speed seem correct. Now have a sword in the main hand and a dagger in the off hand and can't use Backstab. I downloaded and installed an addon to Cosmos which includes instructions on how to write the macro for WeaponSwap, but...it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
[right][snapback]67032[/snapback][/right]

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...wtopic=4924&hl=

Try these instructions, which swap a 1H + shield for a 2H weapon, but the concept is the same.

You don't need any UI mod, functionality for this is built into the game

There are a lot of details on how equipping macros work here:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Item_equipping
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Dagger must be main-hand to backstab.