Don't Judge Too Quickly
Occhidiangela,Feb 8 2005, 12:49 PM Wrote:For Jeunmaitre and Treesh:

Perhaps your co workers also liked the chimp ads, and for them you are among the simians?  ;)

Where ya sit determines what ya see.    :blink:

Occhi

Actually, have you seen the car commercial where the man pictures his co-workers popping their heads over the walls of their cubicles at the scent of food in the conference room after seening the prairie dog/ground hog looking rodents doing the same?

That's more like me. The only time I stick my head of out of my office is when it's linch time, and then it's only to prepare/get something to keep me going. I usually work through lunch to get out of here before everybody else tries to drive home at the same time. I don't disagree that some of them consider me among the monkey-brained, but I think many of them would picture me as a spider monkey rather than a chimp.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Treesh,Feb 8 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:Heh. No thank you!  There's good reasons why GG and I don't want kids and that's one of them.  At least there's a reason for the blank stares and the hostile glares I get when I tell the cats to do the dishes. ;)

Of course, there was the one time when I told the younger cat to go find the older cat (it was flea wipe time) and I'll be darned if she didn't run off and come right back with the other cat following. :D  They were a bit miffed when they found out why I wanted both of them, but they did get treats afterwards for compensation. ;)
[right][snapback]67607[/snapback][/right]

Kids.

Worth the pain and agony, the apprehension and moments of complete incredulity. And the trips to the doctor's office, and . . .

Defnintely worth it all. :D

YMMV

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Chaerophon,Feb 8 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:As for the MTV thing?  I think that you'd find that the only popular "main stream" rock bands worth listening to in such a session at this point are 10+ years old.  U2, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, REM (but it's questionable whether anyone would listen at this point), Oasis.  A possible exception is Coldplay, but unplugged seems like a strange format for them, for some reason.   

I'm not sure that they're "main stream", but my nephew has a band (Modest Mouse) that has had some commercial success in the last year. They've been nominated for two grammys and have gotten a fair bit of radio play with their latest CD.

I can say from personal experience that Isaac is perfectly capable of producing an entertaining acoustic performance.

Not that we're proud of the lad or anything, but did I mention two grammy nominations? :)

-DarkCrown
/quick thread high jack
I've been a fan of modest mouse for 5 years now. Tell your nephew to keep up the good work :).
/end quick high jack

Cheers,

Munk
Chaerophon,Feb 8 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:I think that you'd find that the only popular "main stream" rock bands worth listening to in such a session at this point are 10+ years old.
[right][snapback]67580[/snapback][/right]
Perhaps it's a difference in personal taste, but I like several rock bands that are relatively new, that could be considered "main stream". For example: Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Trapt, Chevelle, and some others.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
I liked the returning soldiers, Bud ad.

I liked that it showed appritiation for their efforts mainly. But I also liked that it was a slap in the face to all the aging hippes.
Ghostiger,Feb 11 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:I liked the returning soldiers, Bud ad.

I liked that it showed appritiation for their efforts mainly. But I also liked that it was a slap in the face to all the aging hippes.
[right][snapback]67832[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that was nice to see, A-Busch burning a million or two for a classy little "thank you" to the troops. Nice touch.

I totally forgot about Cedric the Entertainer, and the "what would you want on a desert Island" dream sequence. My daughter and I giggled at that one, where he dreams of having two girlfriends . . .

"Man, I gotta work on my fantasy!"

Ye
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I kept waiting to see a variation of the Mustang commercial. I was expecting someone else to find the trooper frozen just like the original, or SOMETHING. They had a great setup to do a chain of commercials.

From what I gather, the godaddy.com commercial was supposed to air additional times, but was pulled after the initial viewing. Apparently someone worried that a nipple was showing (*gasp!*). That could explain why some of the other commercials were played so many times in the second half.

I thought the Ameriquest commercials were well done, and funny enough. The cat was their crown jewel, and the first one featuring the chimps scored big points. My only qualm was that they had nothing to do with the product. But hey, people remember the name and that's all they needed, right?

My top pick: Budweiser's pilot jumping out of the plane. The timing was perfect. I was hoping to see a war of referees from both Budweiser and Miller, but oh well. I can deal with that skydiving incident. :lol:
See you in Town,
-Z
Malakar,Feb 11 2005, 10:23 AM Wrote:Perhaps it's a difference in personal taste, but I like several rock bands that are relatively new, that could be considered "main stream". For example: Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Trapt, Chevelle, and some others.
[right][snapback]67830[/snapback][/right]

The question at hand is whether they would do well in an "MTV Unplugged" session. Techno/electronica, for example, is a genre with some great artists, but very few of the artists could put on a suitable presentation for that purpose.

Evanescence could probably put on a very nice session, although it might turn into the Amy Lee Show. I'm not too familiar with the other groups, to be honest. I've kind of been in a cave for the last 3 or 4 years when it comes to the new rock scene.

On a different tangent, I would like to hear: Christina Aguilera, Unplugged. Eminem, Unplugged.
Nystul,Feb 11 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:On a different tangent, I would like to hear: Christina Aguilera, Unplugged.  Eminem, Unplugged.
[right][snapback]67860[/snapback][/right]

:blink:
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
How about Ashley Simpson, Unplugged? :P
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Feb 12 2005, 12:37 AM Wrote:How about Ashley Simpson, Unplugged? :P
[right][snapback]67869[/snapback][/right]

Only if it means Muted as well :P
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Malakar,Feb 11 2005, 05:37 PM Wrote:How about Ashley Simpson, Unplugged? :P

I think I'll pass :)
Malakar,Feb 11 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:How about Ashley Simpson, Unplugged? :P
Only if she's headlining the ICU Talent Extravaganza.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Feb 12 2005, 12:04 AM Wrote:Only if she's headlining the ICU Talent Extravaganza.
[right][snapback]67891[/snapback][/right]

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.