European WoW'ers!
I was hoping to get as many of us on one server as possible, so we can group together :) So for those who are planning to go onto a RP server, let's say we stick to the following guideline on picking a server to play on:

"The last (english language, if they specify) RP server in the list, whether alphabetically or numerically."

That cool? :)

(I'll be playing Alliance Faction, a human or gnome Warlock :D)
And you do not ask the cost...
Recieved the CE today :) must say I am impressed with the amount of stuff you get . My irl friend and I have decided to go PvE to begin with , at some point I will be joining an RP server but not immediately . So one day we may get to play together . Until then , have fun .

* sits back and starts to watch the making of WoW DvD *
Take care
Raven Vale,Feb 10 2005, 06:12 AM Wrote:* sits back and starts to watch the making of WoW DvD *
[right][snapback]67742[/snapback][/right]
Be prepared to laugh heartily when they start bragging about all the icons they made for the game. Yes, there are a lot of icons in WoW and the amount they did do was work, but to brag about icons when so many are reused for multiple items/skills in the game itself is just silly. If they wouldn't have bragged about it, it wouldn't bug me nearly as much.
Intolerant monkey.
Thousands of em , thousands of icons and each one is just so lovingly painted , just fun to look at . So big and colourful and you just get rewarded by looking at them :P

I cannot believe I watched that bit , literally 5 minutes after reading your post :)
Take care
Raven Vale,Feb 10 2005, 07:10 AM Wrote:I cannot believe I watched that bit , literally 5 minutes after reading your post :)
[right][snapback]67745[/snapback][/right]
:lol: Some days my sense of timing is right on! ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Faragon,Feb 10 2005, 06:47 AM Wrote:I was hoping to get as many of us on one server as possible, so we can group together :) So for those who are planning to go onto a RP server, let's say we stick to the following guideline on picking a server to play on:

"The last (english language, if they specify) RP server in the list, whether alphabetically or numerically."

That cool? :)

(I'll be playing Alliance Faction, a human or gnome Warlock :D)
[right][snapback]67740[/snapback][/right]

It would probably be worthwhile for you to see what servers the Amazon Basin Europeans are playing on.
Raven Vale,Feb 10 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:* sits back and starts to watch the making of WoW DvD *
[right][snapback]67742[/snapback][/right]
And, how is the 60-minute "Making Of" on the DVD? Is it good and worth watching/buying? Can you actually look over the shoulders of the Blizzard 3D artists and modelers at work? :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Tal,Feb 10 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:It would probably be worthwhile for you to see what servers the Amazon Basin Europeans are playing on.
[right][snapback]67752[/snapback][/right]

Well, there is no AB-guild for Europe, only BRAINS, and they aren't really discussing it over on the forums. They hope for the possibility to interconnect over the continents, which Blizzard has mentioned.
Nice to see some of you have already a copy. I must go tomorrow to buy it at the shop, I hope I get my hands on a CE and dont have to fight a mob of people for it :P .
Anyway Faragons idea is a good one and while I wont be joining a RP server either, it would be nice to join a PvE server with some of you. I will join an english server. Any of you would like to meet, lets say on the 3 PvE server listed alphabetically?
Any preference for a PvE server already Raven Vale?
Well, a RP server is nice and all but where the PvE guys shall dwell, let's try to all be on one server instead of multiple servers like our US bretheren do.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I was talking to my friend today over the phone , and if for some reason we cannot contact each other tomorrow , we are going for the 7th PvE server in the list . Of course if that does'nt work out I'll let you know :P .
Oh and the making of DvD is good if you are really into WoW I doubt I will watch it again when the game goes live tomorrow :P . No you can't look over shoulders , everything takes part on screen . I do however lurve the hardback book "The Art of WoW " now that is nice :)
Take care
Raven Vale,Feb 10 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:I was talking to my friend today over the phone , and if for some reason we cannot contact each other tomorrow , we are going for the 7th PvE server in the list . Of course if that does'nt work out I'll let you know :P .
Oh and the making of DvD is good if you are really into WoW I doubt I will watch it again when the game goes live tomorrow :P . No you can't look over shoulders , everything takes part on screen . I do however lurve the hardback book "The Art of WoW " now that is nice :)
[right][snapback]67763[/snapback][/right]

Ok, I got my copy now and have just registered an account :). Seeing the server list the 7th PvE server would be Draenor right? Anyway I got to work now, coming back in the evening.
redinter,Feb 11 2005, 10:20 AM Wrote:Seeing the server list the 7th PvE server would be Draenor right? Anyway I got to work now, coming back in the evening.
[right][snapback]67814[/snapback][/right]

That's the one that appeared to be 7th for me, so that's the one I picked.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Feb 11 2005, 03:00 PM Wrote:That's the one that appeared to be 7th for me, so that's the one I picked.
[right][snapback]67821[/snapback][/right]

nice, I began on that server too. Im Horde. IGN Morgond, wont have much playing time this weekend, but whisper in game if you want to quest a bit in a nice party.
My current Chars on the German Servers are:

PvP-Server Alliance 1 "Destromath":

"Diana" - Night Elf Hunter

PvP-Server Horde 1 "Frostwolf":

"Attila" - Orc Warrior

RP-Server 1 "Zirkel des Cenarius":

"Parzival" - Undead Warrior
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Well, I made my characters on Argent Dawn (RP).

Ilsebeth - level 14 mage
Armat - level 1 paladin

(both human).

not planning on playing anything besides my mage any time soon though. But at some point I'll surely play horde as well.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Another lurker reporting in: English PvE server Draenor, currently Alliance characters.

Here's hoping all European lurkers playing on English speaking server (PvE) will be on Dreanor.
- SoulEdge -
"*burp* too many pots, I need to pee..."
A question to those (Lurkers/Basiners) who already play on "Draenor":

What are your character names there?

To my surprise, many English servers have low population and better ping rates than the German ones. It seems the ISP problems that once plagued the German Diablo II Battle.net seem to repeat themselves. Is Germany actually such a bad service desert?
All normal EN servers seem to have low to medium population.

I also play on Draenor, but took the Horde side.

Main : Troll Priestess : Orinoco - lvl.20
Alt.1 : Troll Hunter : Procyon - lvl. 1
Alt.2 : Orc Shaman : Aldebaran - lvl.11

Maggellann
I've now created an Undead Warrior named "Perceval" on the RP server "Draenor".

You can now find me there when the German (RP) server performs badly :D