Fractions in diablo
Jarulf describes what to do with fractions in cases of item cost, staff recharge cost, and repair cost. What about ac and damage? Prefixes have 2 numbers after the decimal. If the prefix times the base doesn't give a whole number does diablo store the entire fraction? Can you have a fraction of a hit point? Can a monster's chance to hit be a fraction? Any help would be appreciated.
Quote:Jarulf describes what to do with fractions in cases of item cost, staff recharge cost, and repair cost. What about ac and damage? Prefixes have 2 numbers after the decimal. If the prefix times the base doesn't give a whole number does diablo store the entire fraction? Can you have a fraction of a hit point? Can a monster's chance to hit be a fraction? Any help would be appreciated.

Jarulf has a bit more about fractions in his guide but it is "hidden" in the introduction chapter. JG Online, section 1.3 General remarks, second item:
Quote:When doing calculations, you should generally round down any number you get, as that is the way Diablo and Hellfire works. However, life, mana ,HP, and damage are actually kept track of with higher precision than shown and should not be rounded down. If you are supposed to round down within a formula, that will usually be indicated by [ ].
Quote:Jarulf has a bit more about fractions in his guide but it is "hidden" in the introduction chapter. JG Online, section 1.3 General remarks, second item:

Thanks! I guess translating Jarulf's Guide makes you familiar with all the nitty gritty.
Dont tell me you are still into this Spelunker
Quote:Thanks! I guess translating Jarulf's Guide makes you familiar with all the nitty gritty.

I'm glad I could help you a bit. Well yes, at least I think I know where to look for something.

And to aswer danifilth's post: Still into what? Translating? No, not anymore. Did the main work until the beginning of 2008. Asked some people (about hosting etc.), got no replys. So I said to myself: "Well, I managed translating it - that was what I wanted to try."