best skill to kill hell baal with javazon?
Just wondering, I've managed to make a javazon reach lvl 80+ and occasionally I've been using her to kill Hell Baal to find items.

Trouble is, my javazon takes quite a long time to kill Hell Baal. I think I'm using incorrect skill/equipment that's why it takes so long.

Originally, it takes 15 minutes or more to kill Hell Baal (solo, in a 1-player game) using my lvl 80+ javazon (doesn't have "top-level" equipment, like those runeword armors or the like).

She has this equipment:
weapon: ordinary Titan's Revenge (and sometimes switch to Demon's Arch balrog spear for some lightning-immunes {fire dmg})
helm: Harlequin Crest
armor: Duriel's Shell (for resists and +life)
shield: "Rhyme" grim shield
amulet/rings: Highlord's Wrath, a couple of rare rings (mostly just for the resistances),
gauntlets: Lava Gout battle gauntlets
belt: either upgraded Goldwrap or Thundergod's Vigor
boots: War Traveler (for MF%) or Gore Rider (only in a few situations)

As a javazon, she uses Lightning Fury most of the time.

Now, the problem is: what skill would be the best for killing Hell Baal?
LF is not good for single monsters obviously, so I use the Jab skill. Unfortunately, it takes a long time to Jab hell Baal to death (for my javazon). Luckily I was able to trade for a Gore Rider, and since then the 15% Crushing Blow has helped a lot -- now I can take down hell Baal maybe in 5 to 10 minutes using Jab.

Was wondering: is Jab the best (or at least a "good") skill to be used to kill hell Baal?

I've not really seen other characters how they kill Baal (I've joined "Baal" runs and when in a party of 4-8 characters of various character classes, I often notice Baal goes down just in seconds, but I'm not sure which of the character classes is doing most of the damage, and perhaps one or two of those other party members may be using those "godly" stuff like ebotd or coh that's why Baal goes down that quickly.)

I've heard suggestions from other players to use Charged Strike or is it Lightning Strike when dealing with Hell Baal solo using a javazon. How do this 2 skills work out when killing Hell Baal? Does the Charged Bolt / Lightning hit Baal multiple times making Baal go down more quickly?
baal is easy to kill....
if the one is Diablo,,so......Can U beat it in Ur old way?
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
Charged strike is the skill. The charged bolts it releases sometimes go through monsters, but sometimes they all hit the one you attack. I'm not sure when each of these two happens, it has something to do with the monster size, but against act bosses all the charged bolts will hit the boss. With high level charged bolt, those bolts addd up to a lot of lightning damage to one monster.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Charged strike all the way.

Maxed out it has the most incredible damage potential. I've never solo'd an 8 player spawned Baal faster than with my javazon using charged strike. I finished leveling her around level 90, but she was hands down the best character I had. With careful attention to +skills and resists, you can very easily have a +13 LF and CS with max resists in hell.

Charged strike will turn her into one of the fastest killing machines this side of USEast ;).

Cheers,

Munk
and how about the Amazon's bowskills..????
how to distribute the skill points on bowskills?
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
Munkay,Feb 20 2005, 06:52 PM Wrote:Charged strike all the way.

Maxed out it has the most incredible damage potential.  I've never solo'd an 8 player spawned Baal faster than with my javazon using charged strike.  I finished leveling her around level 90, but she was hands down the best character I had.  With careful attention to +skills and resists, you can very easily have a +13 LF and CS with max resists in hell.

Charged strike will turn her into one of the fastest killing machines this side of USEast ;).

[right][snapback]68527[/snapback][/right]

Hmm. and to think that all I've tried doing is just Jabbing away at Baal (and let the minimal Crushing Blow do its deed... a very slow death for Baal...

I've placed 1 point only in Charged Strike (I think that's +7 to javelin skills) so it makes my CS only at skill level 8 ==> any idea if this is still faster than jabbing Baal to death? Of course, I have still lots of unallocated skill points so I could put some more points into CS if I think it's worth it.

BTW, is there some new v1.10 Javazon guide? I'm not even sure what skills to place for a Javazon, so maybe my Javazon (actually she was a Bowazon-turned-Javazon; started at Bows in Normal and Nightmare and shifted to the shield+javelin setup only in Hell diff) I've placed not that many points into bow skills so I still have unallocated skill points left and thus rely much on +skills stuff.
My javazone is currently using
20 lightning fury
20 poison spear 1 (dunno the english names)
20 poison spear 2
1 point in every passive ability,
rest in charged strike ( i put too many points in my valkyrie, so i wont be able to max it out before lvl 91)

this seems to be quite a powerful build, especially since u can poison enemys and go to town shopping while they die:)

poison also stops regeneration, thats VERY useful against bosses as well

this bulid takes a lot power out of charged strike and LF, but youre not absolutely defenseless against LI (dont tell me the phys dmg of LF is enough, it isnt)
phaedi,Feb 21 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:20 poison spear 1 (dunno the english names)
20 poison spear 2
[right][snapback]68588[/snapback][/right]

The level 6 poison ajvalin skill is poison javalin, the level 18 one is plague javalin.

About killing lightnign immunes with throws, it depends on the weapon and the amount of hp the monster has. I have heard that mercs and valks are helpful against lightning immunes.

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
ICanChangTheWorLd,Feb 20 2005, 10:15 PM Wrote:and  how about the Amazon's bowskills..????
how to distribute the skill points on bowskills?
[right][snapback]68538[/snapback][/right]

The question at hand is for javazons. If you wish to learn what skills a bowazon should use to fight Baal feel free to make your own thread on the subject. :)
Minionman,Feb 21 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:I have heard that mercs and valks are helpful against lightning immunes.
[right][snapback]68590[/snapback][/right]
If you can get your Valk to spawn with a weapon that has 300% ed or more (somewhat easy to tell with weapon color), she'll kill just about any/everything you can't. I'm not sure of the level requirement for that though, I think it's 17+.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
My lightning javies tend to use charge strike for boss killing. This ladder's LF/CS javy uses a spirit monarch shield-the plus skills, res, and fhr are nice mods for her. All three of this ladders javys pre-buff their valk to a nice level, using shopped gloves-3 to passives, gambled ammy-3 to passives, and a 3 to passives gambled circlet. I went with a defience merc for my LS/CS/LF fender, a holy freeze merc for both my LF/CS javy and Plague Javelin hybrid. You might take a look at the Javazon Forums at www.theamazonbasin when the boards come up. There are guides and discussions on various builds.
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young
spear of light,Feb 25 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:My lightning javies tend to use charge strike for boss killing.  This ladder's LF/CS javy uses a spirit monarch shield-the plus skills, res, and fhr are nice mods for her.  All three of this ladders javys pre-buff their valk to a nice level, using shopped gloves-3 to passives, gambled ammy-3 to passives, and a 3 to passives gambled circlet.  I went with a defience merc for my LS/CS/LF fender, a holy freeze merc for both my LF/CS javy and Plague Javelin hybrid.  You might take a look at the Javazon Forums at www.theamazonbasin when the boards come up.  There are guides and discussions on various builds.
[right][snapback]69072[/snapback][/right]

So far I tried using my low-level Charged Strike (just around lvl 10, including +skills; I have some spare skill points yet though) to try to kill Hell Baal. However, it seems to hit much slower than Jab, and my low CS dmg seems to do less dmg over time than just plain Jabbing (ie. I have 15% CB Gorerider). Starting around what level does CS start to get useful.

I also didn't try maxing LF (I use it at around slvl 14-15 only) and it's already quite powerful. I'm not using any mana steal items for the above "javazon" for now but I have a relatively large mana pool (~340+ mana with 15%mana regen from Rhyme shield) and I find that if I'm running out of mana (not that frequently, except if mana burn boss) I just gob up a super mana potion. I suppose CS doesn't use as much mana as LF?
dta,Feb 25 2005, 06:05 PM Wrote:So far I tried using my low-level Charged Strike (just around lvl 10, including +skills; I have some spare skill points yet though) to try to kill Hell Baal. However, it seems to hit much slower than Jab, and my low CS dmg seems to do less dmg over time than just plain Jabbing (ie. I have 15% CB Gorerider). Starting around what level does CS start to get useful.
I also didn't try maxing LF (I use it at around slvl 14-15 only) and it's already quite powerful. I'm not using any mana steal items for the above "javazon" for now but I have a relatively large mana pool (~340+ mana with 15%mana regen from Rhyme shield) and I find that if I'm running out of mana (not that frequently, except if mana burn boss) I just gob up a super mana potion. I suppose CS doesn't use as much mana as LF?
[right][snapback]69082[/snapback][/right]

It depends. If your lightning fury can kill crowds with 2-3 hits, than charged strike will use more mana since it takes more time to kill targets where charged strike is useful than to kill targets where lightning fury is useful. However, charged strike is still a pretty low mana user, and with the mana you have, it should be fine.

Charged strike needs to at least lvl 15 for it to be effective against hell baal. Level 20 or higher would be better, but that skill investment depends on whether you have skills to effectively kill Lightning Immunes or not. An idea if you want to stick with jab is to use a rare javelin with ctc amp on weapon switch-get Baal amped, and your killing time should go down. You could also use rare throwing axes with ctc or Lacerators for that purpose. I do think that jab is faster than Charged Strike, but would have to ask Adekye the answer as to how much faster it is.

The mana use for charged strike is less than LF, and CS is mainly used for mopping up stray monsters and bosses. CS gets 10% damage bonus per level of points you put into LF, so your investment there will help. If you do come across some thunderstroke javelins, those are very good for using Charged Strike against Baal. You haven't mentioned a merc-what type is she using?
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young
I enjoy my javazons ... they use charged strike vs single or low count enemies, lightning fury vs large packs, and jab vs lit immunes (when I bother killing them).

All of about 24 seconds to kill diablo clone ... baal in hell? :lol: More like 6 seconds.

So ... can you jab baal to death in 6 seconds? :w00t:
skie_m,

could you mention how you kill the D Clone/Baal in so fast a time? I mean, what equipment does the Amazon use and what are her skill levels?

~~~~~~~

Also, what's the attack speed of Charged Strike? And also the formula for attack speed for Jab?

I might be mistaken, but it seems jabbing hits quite a lot faster than CS (on my Zon, which has 20% IAS from gloves, 10% from belt, and 20% from ammy -- using either Titan's or Demon's Arch). Demon's Arch seems to be slightly slower than the Titan's when jabbing (even though the Titan's weapon itself has no IAS whilst the Demon Arch has 30% IAS built-in).
dta,Feb 20 2005, 04:50 AM Wrote:Was wondering: is Jab the best (or at least a "good") skill to be used to kill hell Baal?
No.
Best "baalkiller" skill for javzon is Charged Strike + synergies.
kundihrabka,Apr 13 2005, 08:25 AM Wrote:No.
Best "baalkiller" skill for javzon is Charged Strike + synergies.
[right][snapback]73786[/snapback][/right]

Agree. You only, IMO, really need 20 Charged Strike, 20 Lgt Fury, 20 Freezing Arrow, 15-20 Cold Arrow, and pre reqs. A few points here and there for a valk or a decoy. Some + Skills. Pic Your Merc, I'd suggest Thorns or Might, though I used Defiance on my last CS/Cold Bow Amazon, Meloni_Belli.

Bosses simply go down to Charged Strike. The Bow Skills allow you to deal with Lightning Immunes.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete