Teamspeak server
I set up a Teamspeak server on my Linux router computer for the WoW Lurkers

If interested, try it out and let me know how it works. I just set a few options and set it on it's way. I don't really know what I'm doing, but it works fine on my internal network. I have been unable to test it from outside the firewall yet, so let me know if it even works from outside. I'm pretty sure I set the ports right on the firewall, but it would be nice to have some confirmation.

The computer is up 24/7 but the connection is sometimes sporadic. It's my private DSL line and I've set it to a max of 10 people for now, my upsteam bandwidth can handle a few more, but we'll see how this goes. I'm out over 17000 feet, so sometimes the line tanks for no reason. In 95% of these cases the line is back up in the time it takes my modem to re-train (20 seconds or so)

I encourage people to try it out. Make a channel for your server when you come on.

The IP is: 64.81.59.71
The password is one of my favorite Bolty creations: chargedboltress

If you don't have Teamspeak, it's a pretty easy to use voicecomm program that is free to use. It can be downloaded from: http://www.goteamspeak.com
There is an option for people without microphones to listen only.

I suggest setting up PTT (Push to talk) instead of the default (voice activation) because I always hear things I shouldn't when people have voice activation on (parts of phone conversations, people smoking into the microphone, all kinds of weird stuff).

Please let me know how it goes, and welcome.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Here is a corrected link:
http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php

Also, here is a link to an AB Teamspeak guide. I have started setting it up, but it is late; I am tired, and I will finish it up tomorrow and test it on Terenas.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/index.php?...t=ts_howto

For the Horde!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
So far, so good. I had a brief conversation on Terenas with another Lurker, Oodadadabobo. We didn't party together as we were far apart in level and location, but we were able to speak.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Feb 22 2005, 02:41 PM Wrote:So far, so good. I had a brief conversation on Terenas with another Lurker, Oodadadabobo.  We didn't party together as we were far apart in level and location, but we were able to speak.
[right][snapback]68739[/snapback][/right]

Good news. The server uses virtually no resources (aside from bandwidth, and my ISP allows me to run such servers, so that should be no problem), so I'll leave it running and if people find it useful, then they can use it how they see fit.

Thanks for testing it and letting me know that it works.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Alram,Feb 22 2005, 04:41 PM Wrote:So far, so good. I had a brief conversation on Terenas with another Lurker, Oodadadabobo.  We didn't party together as we were far apart in level and location, but we were able to speak.
[right][snapback]68739[/snapback][/right]
Odadadabobo. :) You obviously do not speak troll.

It works really well. But, eerily weird to put voices to lurkers.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Feb 23 2005, 07:16 AM Wrote:Odadadabobo.  :)
[right][snapback]68801[/snapback][/right]
Are they in any way related to Udadadabobo, the greatly praised, highly honored Troll priest? ;)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."