FYI: Patch today
Blizzard put out a new patch today, 1.2.4. So update your UI mods when you get a chance.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Patch notes:

Quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.2.4 (2005-02-22)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- We have deployed a client-side change that should improve
  performance when large numbers of players are gathered in a small
  area of the world. No other changes are included with this emergency
  patch.

Edit: Oh, and the number is 4222 for those updating UI mods.

Did anyone else laugh when they read that last sentence of the patch notes or am I just really cynical today? ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 22 2005, 11:03 AM Wrote:Patch notes:
[right][snapback]68666[/snapback][/right]
The IF AH mod. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Treesh,Feb 22 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:Did anyone else laugh when they read that last sentence of the patch notes or am I just really cynical today?  ;)

I did. Every patch is a challenge to find what ELSE they changed, it seems.

That sentence only means they didn't change anything else that they told the patch notes writer about.

The best part is all the warriors that will say miss rates have changed when they haven't and pet owners will say pet speeds have changed when they haven't and all sorts of other 'placebo' effects.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Treesh,Feb 22 2005, 11:03 AM Wrote:Edit: Oh, and the number is 4222 for those updating UI mods.

Nit: The game says the number is 4222. But that doesn't work. 4216 works.

Don't ask, I don't know.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Feb 22 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:Nit: The game says the number is 4222.  But that doesn't work.  4216 works.

Don't ask, I don't know.
[right][snapback]68698[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, I just saw some posts on that at the official boards. Confused me too. Especially since we were just at 4221 and that was working. Very strange.

Edit: Makes me glad I don't actually have to worry about it. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
First Try:

Wow. I can actually do stuff in Ironforge. Like craft items. Access my mail. Have a responsive bank. Supposedly it killed shift-clicking another player's items from the Inspect window, and this is a fundamental level thing so who knows if that'll ever get fixed.

Now to see if it holds up on a Saturday Night at the AH :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Feb 22 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:Nit: The game says the number is 4222.  But that doesn't work.  4216 works.

Don't ask, I don't know.
[right][snapback]68698[/snapback][/right]
And since I just had a real d'oh moment, I just wanted to point it out so others don't do the same.

I saw that there was a patch and thought, "Ok, I know how to use that." I went to my wow directory and found the framexml folder. I found the framexml.toc file. I went in and changed the number. I started up wow and got the same old outdated interface folder message. Huh? Ok, maybe they changed it to actually have the number they show on the intro screen, 4222. Tried that fix. Nope same thing. Checked a couple forums to see what I might be doing wrong. Here comes the d'oh - I hadn't actually patched the game yet. :blush: So, I patched the game, changed the number in framexml.toc to 4216 and started the game. Voila!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Feb 22 2005, 08:16 PM Wrote:And since I just had a real d'oh moment, I just wanted to point it out so others don't do the same.
[right][snapback]68769[/snapback][/right]

Back in the first month or so, I was still using Cosmos' program to install updates. One time I hit the update before I had the patch. Drove me insane since I was new to the Versioning system and WoW kept telling me that I had an out of date Interface folder when in fact it was too new for the game but it wouldn't let me get in and update the game.
Quark,Feb 22 2005, 07:58 PM Wrote:First Try:

Wow.  I can actually do stuff in Ironforge.  Like craft items.  Access my mail.  Have a responsive bank.  Supposedly it killed shift-clicking another player's items from the Inspect window, and this is a fundamental level thing so who knows if that'll ever get fixed.

Now to see if it holds up on a Saturday Night at the AH :)
[right][snapback]68765[/snapback][/right]

I'll be leading a 40-man raid on Darnassus after I return from my hiatus... we'll have to see just how effective the patch was.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quark,Feb 22 2005, 05:58 PM Wrote:Supposedly it killed shift-clicking another player's items from the Inspect window[right][snapback]68765[/snapback][/right]

I've noticed I am no longer able to see the name of the character that crafted items worn by someone else, while inspecting. While I can only imagine the amount of data transfer this cuts out, I kind of miss being able to see who made what, or inspecting a random player to find that they're wearing some gear I made and put up in the Auction House.
See you in Town,
-Z
UI Interface options

I've got to admit I'm not really very happy with Cosmos. I keep getting all these blazing error messages in the midst of combat about nul values in such functions as the pet monitor.

I'm wondering if others have some suggestions to offer me. I need something pretty simple that offers the extra buttons, but I hope that it would be possible to retain the mapping notes feature. I spend so much time lost in the World of Warcraft, so I really rely on the map notes I make. Any thoughts?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Just don't use Cosmos. I stopped a while ago. Went through, picked out the mods I wanted, and loaded them individually. MUCH better. I didn't use 90% of the mods in Cosmos anyway. For buttons, I'm using the BIB mods. VERY cool. Can't recommend them strongly enough.
Sabra,Feb 23 2005, 12:48 PM Wrote:UI Interface options

I've got to admit I'm not really very happy with Cosmos. I keep getting all these blazing error messages in the midst of combat about nul values in such functions as the pet monitor.

I'm wondering if others have some suggestions to offer me. I need something pretty simple that offers the extra buttons, but I hope that it would be possible to retain the mapping notes feature. I spend so much time lost in the World of Warcraft, so I really rely on the map notes I make. Any thoughts?
[right][snapback]68862[/snapback][/right]

I use

Gypsy Full
Telo's Sidebar
Telo's Clock
Telo's Buff Timers
Telo's Item Buff
Telo's Quick Loot
CTMod Combatstats
LevelReveal
CornerFPS
WEaponQuickSwap
RedOut

It's like cosmos but without all the crap, and no crashes or error boxes popping up. Though I'll admit my UI doesn't bear a ton of resemblence to the default.

For a simplicity you could just go with CTMod (basically just extra bars), then get Mapnotes. I wouldn't know how to keep your old mapnotes in your new interface though.