savaughn
So, my mage is only just getting to lvl 30 and I routinely use blink as a method of travel acceleration. Run run run BLINK run run run BLINK, etc. Not as convenient as Aspect of Cheeta or a mount or anything, but it works.

Last night I was coming out of Stormwind and into Elwynn and I blinked forward and fell through the earth. If you haven't seen this, it's bizarre. Looking up, you see all of the objects (trees, buildings, animals, etc.) slowly falling up from you and below you - nothing but sky with a weird reflected cloud pattern on the horizon.

Falling a few thousand feet, I apparently hit "bottom" (looked like more sky to me). Of course, I walked to where I died, only to realize that even though I was standing at the same x,y as my corpse, I was so far above it that I couldn't res. Oh, good. 'S why we have a Spirit Healer.

This comes after having another weird death the day before. I was playing my new(ish) rogue elf and I decided to hoof it over to Elwynn from Teldrassil. So I walk from Dolanaar to Darnassus, head to Auberdine, over to Menethil, and start walking to Loch Modan. About halfway there, my little lvl 8 gets instaganked by a lvl 60. I'm thinking he actually did me a favor and I'll just wake up in the graveyard up the road. But something odd happens. I get the loading screen.

And my ghost appears in Dolanaar!

I had to spirit healer again. I don't think it's even possible to get a ghost from Teldrassil to the Wetlands!
I experienced the fall through the earth once. I was fighting Mo'Grosh ogres in an outlandish bid to get a crystal (which took four hours and a level 60 helping me, that's a story in and of itself; thanks Lochnar). On one occasion I initiated a battle by charging an ogre and after a swing of my weapon fell through the earth to my death. Due to the fall distance I had to spirit heal. It led to a very intersting combat log (paraphrased as I don't have it in front of me)

Mo'Grosh Ogre is affected by charge stun.
Galreth crits Mo'Grosh ogre for 60 damage.
Charge stun fades from Mo'Grosh ogre.
Galreth hits Mo'Grosh Ogre for 41 damage.
Galreth dies. :blink:

Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper. Thankfully a spirit healer and 10 minute break and I was back to grinding ogres for the next 2 hours.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)