Awesome names
I was browsing some hockey websites tonight and came across this entry. Xavier Majic was drafted in the 12th round of the 1991 NHL entry draft by the Vancouver Canucks. He never did make it to the NHL, which is really a shame.

How can you have such an awesome name like Xavier Majic and not be the best at whatever you do?

There is a doctor here in town with the last name of Deth. Yep, Doctor Deth. With a name like that he should be a supervillian.

I went to highschool with a kid named Zoltar (I forget his last name). I thought that was just the coolest name ever at the time. My favourite cartoon was (and still is, I guess) Battle of the Planets, also known as G-Force. Zoltar was the name of the main bad guy.

[Image: zoltar.jpg]
My Dentist is Dr. Sledge.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Tom Bombadil lives in town here. He's a plumber. :lol:
I went to highschool with a Korean girl named Wa Chi Ho. Coincidentally she was a raunchy ho.

There is a Dr. Hyman in my hometown. Not sure what medical field he's in though.
Level 60 UD Mage - Spirestone
Level 20 Troll Rogue - Spirestone
I forgot about this one. I have a Dutch uncle named Cock. His wife's name is Joke. They live just outside Amsterdam.

Yep, Cock and Joke Vanderbijl.
Griselda,Feb 28 2005, 02:35 AM Wrote:Tom Bombadil lives in town here.  He's a plumber.  :lol:
[right][snapback]69263[/snapback][/right]

I heard that the guy who started Loblaws (giant grocery store chain) was named Bob.

Say it ten times fast - Bob Loblaws.
I went to school with a Pat Cox and a Jack Hardcastle. My dentist is Dr. Beer. I consider all three to be very cool names.
I had a crotchety old Sergeant in my company named Peters. They named their daughter Fonda, after the wife's grandmother.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
When I was a young chap I had a gym teacher named Mr. Savage. Coincidentally he was once an NFL linebacker. Fitting, eh?

Cheers,

Munk
DeeBye! Don't you know who Bob O'Billovich is? CFL? You know...
I have my own signature. Yay.
I know a woman whose christian name is Tess Tickles...

No, not a joke.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
I had a friend in high school named Sing Won Song(not sure on spelling). He said his father's name was Yu Suk before he changed it. It's too bad he got deported during his senior year :(

My brother saw fit to name his child such that his initials are M.A.D. We always joke about the mad baby coming to visit :)

EDIT: Mee spel gud.
Three words: Vinh The Ho (The as in 'tay', but still, it was never 'accented'!)
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Although not the name of a *real* person, I always crack a smile when I think of Terry Pratchett's "Rincewind".

[Image: discworld.jpg]
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Griselda,Feb 28 2005, 01:35 AM Wrote:Tom Bombadil lives in town here.  He's a plumber.  :lol:
[right][snapback]69263[/snapback][/right]

That is supremely cool!
WWBBD?
Back when I was doing my electronics class, I repaired this audio amplifier belonging to a certain Mike Steele. I tought it was a pretty cool name!
I've met a fellow name Charles Atlas. Too bad he's shaped like a Oompa-Loompah. :P
Advice to parents: NEVER give androgynous kids androgynous names. Poor Chase Childrey wouldn't be mistaken for a girl nearly so often if a) his name was Jason or Mike or something or b ) he got that stupid braid cut off.

(Clothes he can't help. The school where I work and he attends has a uniform code.)

Sydney Poitier is in Chase's class...
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
I went to camp with a Rob Steele. I think he must have been destined for a life of crime.

You can go out to eat in Portland at Hung Far Lo. :unsure:
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
I'm sure I've already made mention of my high school classmate, Larry Larry.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.