Losing sound in instances
The last 2 times that I have been in an instance--1st Ragefire and 2nd Shadowfang, I lost all sound. Intermittently music would briefly play, but no other sound. The 1st time a reboot after the party wiped fixed the sound. The second time I exited the game while the rest of my party played on, but after a reboot there was still no sound. I hit esc, and went to "sound" and found"enable all sounds" to be unchecked! Once I placed a check in the box, sound was restored. What is going on here? Did this ever happen to anyone else? I have never had this problem at any other time or with any other apps on my computer. Both times it was with the same toon.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Yesterday it happened to me when I was not in an instance.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I assume you have recent drivers for your sound hardware?

FWIW, I'm using this card:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-120-103&depa=0
With no problems. $25 and no problems.

After you left the Shadowfang group, those guys settled down, started pulling better, and we actually finished all the way up to the Wolfmaster before Arugal with just the three of us. We couldn't handle all the summons of that guy though, and recruited a couple more to kill him. I'm convinced that the three of us would have been able to kill Arugal if we could have made it past the summoning guy.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
There is a command on the left hand side of the keyboard that unchecks sounds

Its an easy combination to press... I've done it several times... and a lot of times I didn't even realize sound was unchecked (for hours). That was before I realized what was going on. Its an easy matter to check it again, but I forget what interface keys to change to prevent this from occurring.
Drasca,Mar 14 2005, 02:30 AM Wrote:There is a command on the left hand side of the keyboard that unchecks sounds

Its an easy combination to press... I've done it several times... and a lot of times I didn't even realize sound was unchecked (for hours). That was before I realized what was going on. Its an easy matter to check it again, but I forget what interface keys to change to prevent this from occurring.
[right][snapback]70670[/snapback][/right]

Ctrl-s toggles all sounds in the game. GG uses it frequently when he's on his ThunderChicken of Doom (gnome mount) for long periods of time.
Intolerant monkey.
Alram,Mar 1 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:The last 2 times that I have been in an instance--1st Ragefire and 2nd Shadowfang, I lost all sound. Intermittently music would briefly play, but no other sound.  The 1st time a reboot after the party wiped fixed the sound.  The second time I exited the game while the rest of my party played on, but after a reboot there was still no sound. I hit esc, and went to "sound" and found"enable all sounds" to be unchecked! Once I placed a check in the box, sound was restored. What is going on here? Did this ever happen to anyone else?  I have never had this problem at any other time or with any other apps on my computer. Both times it was with the same toon.
[right][snapback]69387[/snapback][/right]

I had this happen twice this weekend. It has never happened before in more than 850 hours of WoW gaming. I have no clue what caused it.

-DC