Many thanks to the Europeans!
Thanks to the European CMs for saying it is an exploit and for some of the Northern American customers to ask for more clarification since our GMs and CMs have been saying it's not an exploit. Caydiem gets a definitive answer and shares it with us.

Quote: There has been some confusion in regards to whether or not the act of "rooftop camping", or killing players while using geometry to avoid the town guards, is allowed. We will no longer condone this act in game. Players who participate in this method of PvP will be given a warning and educated on this new policy, and further action will be taken as circumstances warrant. We wish to provide a fair playing field to our customers, and this abuse of game mechanics has been hampering that effort.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. - Caydiem -
Assistant Community Manager

People have only been complaining about this since beta and all they heard was "Working as intended" and "not an exploit". Guess it took the Europeans to show the way. Thanks much guys!

Edit: Added more URLs so people would know where I got this from. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Apr 2 2005, 01:40 AM Wrote:Thanks to the European CMs for saying it is an exploit and for some of the Northern American customers to ask for more clarification since our GMs and CMs have been saying it's not an exploit.  Caydiem gets a definitive answer and shares it with us.
People have only been complaining about this since beta and all they heard was "Working as intended" and "not an exploit".  Guess it took the Europeans to show the way.  Thanks much guys!

Edit: Added more URLs so people would know where I got this from. ;)
[right][snapback]72735[/snapback][/right]

*stretches*

Guess it's time to get used to training a huge line of guards out of Gadgetzan again :P
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I actually had some fun with the rooftop battles, both when I was on the ground and on top.

Only problem was guards attacking people who defend themselves from the ground. I wish they'd fix that rather than calling this an exploit. <_<

All they have to do is flag people for first attack, and put a check in for whether the target is flagged before the guards attack. This would also solve the problem where a guard comes in range of you first as you're fighting someone who attacked you first and the guard attacks you.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
All they had to do was give the town guards long range guns and large aggro radii.
MongoJerry,Apr 2 2005, 05:18 AM Wrote:All they had to do was give the town guards long range guns and large aggro radii.
[right][snapback]72753[/snapback][/right]
Pretty much, but they chose not to for whatever reason so now they're doing things this way. Can't really expect sensible choices from Blizzard. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
MongoJerry,Apr 2 2005, 07:18 AM Wrote:All they had to do was give the town guards long range guns and large aggro radii.
[right][snapback]72753[/snapback][/right]

Or vice versa just spawn guards on the rooftop if someone attacks another character from there. :)