Buying World of Warcraft
I wish to buy World of Warcraft but due to some cheap trick here in Israel the game costs ~83USD which is a hell of a lot more than the original price so I wish to buy the European (UK) version online but Amazon.co.uk has it on a 2-3 months availability and that's a huge amount of time I do not wish to spend waiting.

And thus I come to the original topic behind this thread, anyone know of some euro online shops in which I can buy World of Warcraft without having to wait an obcene amount of time?

Thanks in Advance.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Feb 24 2005, 05:14 PM Wrote:I wish to buy World of Warcraft but due to some cheap trick here in Israel the game costs ~83USD which is a hell of a lot more than the original price so I wish to buy the European (UK) version online but Amazon.co.uk has it on a 2-3 months availability and that's a huge amount of time I do not wish to spend waiting.

And thus I come to the original topic behind this thread, anyone know of some euro online shops in which I can buy World of Warcraft without having to wait an obcene amount of time?

Thanks in Advance.
[right][snapback]68907[/snapback][/right]
Hmm .. buy it from Amazon.co.uk MarketPlace? Just look here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...8165222-3130030

On the right side, there's a "More Buying Choices" field where currently 1 person offers the game for £22.99 (new). Amazon.co.uk MarketPlace is usually a trustworthy trading place.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 24 2005, 07:23 PM Wrote:Hmm .. buy it from Amazon.co.uk MarketPlace? Just look here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...8165222-3130030

On the right side, there's a "More Buying Choices" field where currently 1 person offers the game for £22.99 (new). Amazon.co.uk MarketPlace is usually a trustworthy trading place.
[right][snapback]68909[/snapback][/right]

I really don't wish to buy a used copy especially of such a thing, even if it usually is trustworthy, I don't want to risk it.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
New guy here, from Israel as well :D
I usually just lurk around here reading the posts (all of them damn good btw), but I thought I'll break that habit so I could try to help you get a copy, as I know how hard it can be to get one here (for a sane price).
I myself ordered my copy just a few days ago from sendit.com, but they're all out for now, same with shop.game.net, another store I looked into.

So whats the point of this then :P ? A friend was looking for a place to get his copy and found this place. Great price and they seem to be able to ship to Israel. Can't give you any actual feedback about them though since my friend didn't order from them yet. Good luck, and hope to see you in game (whenever I find time with the army and all)!
TaiDaishar,Feb 24 2005, 08:57 PM Wrote:I really don't wish to buy a used copy especially of such a thing, even if it usually is trustworthy, I don't want to risk it.
[right][snapback]68931[/snapback][/right]
That's not a used copy, it's new. Otherwise, it'd be listed under the "Used" or "Buy Used" button.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
TaiDaishar,Feb 24 2005, 02:57 PM Wrote:I really don't wish to buy a used copy especially of such a thing, even if it usually is trustworthy, I don't want to risk it.
[right][snapback]68931[/snapback][/right]
One thing about used copies with World of Warcraft - the CD key used to generate an account cannot be used again. The game will run, but you won't be able to make an account and without an account you can't go online so used copies are basically worthless.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 24 2005, 11:36 PM Wrote:One thing about used copies with World of Warcraft - the CD key used to generate an account cannot be used again.  The game will run, but you won't be able to make an account and without an account you can't go online so used copies are basically worthless.
[right][snapback]68937[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, there's always the chance that someone tried it, did not like it and wants to sell it, thus, despite the fact that he hardly used it, it's worthless and this is something I could end up buying.
Did you check out the place I've linked to?

Just got my copy today btw, shame that Sendit are all out, great service and it got here in 4 days.
TotoGuy,Feb 25 2005, 01:01 PM Wrote:Did you check out the place I've linked to?

Just got my copy today btw, shame that Sendit are all out, great service and it got here in 4 days.
[right][snapback]68993[/snapback][/right]

Oh my, silly me, I seem to have skipped your message entirely somehow!

Thanks a lot for the link, I will try it out and if your friend has some feedback from the site by now, I would be glad to hear it.

P.S Good that I'm not the only Israeli in here :)
TaiDaishar,Feb 25 2005, 05:22 PM Wrote:Oh my, silly me, I seem to have skipped your message entirely somehow!

Thanks a lot for the link, I will try it out and if your friend has some feedback from the site by now, I would be glad to hear it.

P.S Good that I'm not the only Israeli in here :)
[right][snapback]69014[/snapback][/right]

Nah, he's short on money so it'll take a while untill he actually orders it.
Let me know how it goes ;]
TotoGuy,Feb 26 2005, 12:36 PM Wrote:Nah, he's short on money so it'll take a while untill he actually orders it.
Let me know how it goes ;]
[right][snapback]69110[/snapback][/right]

Ordered it yesterday, will keep you updated.
Well, that MX2 site is a big bloody joke, ordered more 2 weeks ago and since the "7-10" delivery time has long passed I contacted them, and, apperantly(sp?), they do not even shop to Israel! Blah!

Ordered from UKgames, hopefully this shall be better, god dangit I can't wait to start playing! :D
Ouch, really sorry to hear that... Ah well, another shop to scratch off the list.

Got some good news though, seems Sendit have restocked, the price is still cheap, and after getting my copy from them I can say the service is really great (got here in 3 days). So check them out in case the new place doesn't work out either.

Hope you get your copy soon!
TotoGuy,Mar 12 2005, 02:20 PM Wrote:Ouch, really sorry to hear that... Ah well, another shop to scratch off the list.

Got some good news though, seems Sendit have restocked, the price is still cheap, and after getting my copy from them I can say the service is really great (got here in 3 days). So check them out in case the new place doesn't work out either.

Hope you get your copy soon!
[right][snapback]70488[/snapback][/right]

Well, ain't that a bummer, too bad I didn't check that site again before going off google rampaging...

Oh well, the game should be here (hopefully) within 10 buisness days tops!