Bow of the Dead in Norm/Hell
I remember reading somewhere you couldn't because it was replaced by EagleHorn but I when I did a Laz run today I found one :/ but I identified it in a new game and I had a EagleHorn already Identified with me. Does this make any difference?
~Juju

There is no body only the mind...

I use the best scanner ever! It's called Jarulf's Guide and Common sense! How cool is that?

Classic Warrior Saying:
"Nothing is immune to cold hard steel."

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
--( '.'Wink--`·. .·´--('.' )--
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
There is but one commandment.
Thou shalt kill.
Bow of the Dead is a composite bow, while Eaglehorn is a long battle bow. Both are findable in normal/hell.

So, this second issue is moot, but I'll cover it anyway. In multiplayer D1, your inventory has no effect on what unique items drop. If the drop had been a long battle bow, you would have had two Eaglehorns.
Nystul,Mar 20 2005, 03:41 AM Wrote:Bow of the Dead is a composite bow, while Eaglehorn is a long battle bow.  Both are findable in normal/hell.

So, this second issue is moot, but I'll cover it anyway.  In multiplayer D1, your inventory has no effect on what unique items drop.  If the drop had been a long battle bow, you would have had two Eaglehorns.
[right][snapback]71252[/snapback][/right]

Thank you.
~Juju

There is no body only the mind...

I use the best scanner ever! It's called Jarulf's Guide and Common sense! How cool is that?

Classic Warrior Saying:
"Nothing is immune to cold hard steel."

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
--( '.'Wink--`·. .·´--('.' )--
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
There is but one commandment.
Thou shalt kill.
Nystul,Mar 19 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:Bow of the Dead is a composite bow, while Eaglehorn is a long battle bow.  Both are findable in normal/hell.

So, this second issue is moot, but I'll cover it anyway.  In multiplayer D1, your inventory has no effect on what unique items drop.  If the drop had been a long battle bow, you would have had two Eaglehorns.
[right][snapback]71252[/snapback][/right]

AYe, I just found my second ring of engagement in two days with an IH Sorcerer. Should help with Illusion weavers, who scotched the last one.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 19 Wrote:I remember reading somewhere you couldn't because it was replaced by EagleHorn but I when I did a Laz run today I found one :/[right][snapback]71246[/snapback][/right]

You're probably thinking of the Deadly Hunter, which is a unique composite bow like the Bow of the Dead.

On normal difficulty, any monster that is high enough level to drop an item with the base-type of a composite bow (qlvl=7) is high enough level to drop a Bow of the Dead (qlvl=5), so it will drop that instead of a Deadly Hunter (qlvl=3).

On nightmare and hell difficulty, where monsters receive a bonus for the base-type of the items they drop, there is a narrow range of monsters in the early Church levels that can drop composite bow base types and a Deadly Hunter, but are too low lvl to drop a Bow of the Dead.

Confusingly, I believe the Deadly Hunter, the Bow of the Dead, and Eaglehorn all have the same graphic, even though Eaglehorn is a long battle bow and has nothing to do with the other two.