You were pretty sure pigs couldn't fly...
I was having a little fun wandering around Dire Maul last night after our party had finished a run there. After a little exploration I found that the west and north entrances are linked and I ran into Tendris Warpwood. Of course I felt compelled to fight him solo and see what would happen and it led to some fun screenshots:

[Image: flying7.jpg]

There are a few more in that directory if you'd like to look at them. (http://users.wpi.edu/~mjdoom/wow/)

The thing I take out of this is how ridiculously easy it would be to farm this guy. I was able to walk to him with no tricks (just a little patience) in about 3 minutes from the portal without fighting a single mob. I thought Blizzard wasn't going to give us opportunities like that. When we had killed him earlier he dropped a staff that vendored for 5.5g (or could be disenchanted) and our hunter had heard of a good belt drop from this boss that he wanted. I would be shocked if people aren't running this boss (10 minute runs, tops; rinse and repeat) in some way in the near future and Blizz has to change something.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics of SuperDwarf.

- mjdoom

Edit: Made the directory where the pics were more obvious
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
So not only is Dire Maul pretty but very easy and has uber loot, but there is a Pindleskin waiting for you to farm [= bot]. Blizzard just don't learn, do they?

Wait for 1.10, I suppose. ;)
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Brother Laz,Mar 25 2005, 09:52 AM Wrote:So not only is Dire Maul pretty but very easy and has uber loot, but there is a Pindleskin waiting for you to farm [= bot]. Blizzard just don't learn, do they

Yep, and there are two easy to get to ogre minibosses through the north entrance. However, to be fair, none of these guys are soloable and they can't drop the best loot in the game (unlike pindleskin). Other than a couple of miscellaneous items, if you farmed them, you'd mostly be farming cash that you'd have to split up with your group. Greens drop so commonly now that you'd probably be just as well off to adventure normally and go through the steps to kill the big demon dog and the prince in the hope that you'll get better loot than you can get off those minibosses.
Maybe it's Dire Maul that imbues super powers on players. I got this shot of a player taking a nap outside one of the locked doors.

[Image: wow00018.jpg]

Of course, some races are just naturally gifted with their powers. Here is the Night Elf power of Levitate to Peek Inside High Windows.

[Image: wow00016.jpg]

WoW even awards powers to inanimate objects. Beware the fireballing bookshelf!

[Image: wow00015.jpg]

And finally, it is only natural for the lower life forms to think of players as gods given the various powers available. BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GNOME!

[Image: wow00017.jpg]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Mar 25 2005, 07:20 PM Wrote:And finally, it is only natural for the lower life forms to think of players as gods given the various powers available.&nbsp; BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GNOME!

[Image: wow00017.jpg]
[right][snapback]71929[/snapback][/right]
Absolutely love this screenie Loch.
Intolerant monkey.
I don't know if it's the host you're using for your pics or not Loch or if it's my own computer but the only one i could see was the levitating elf. I'd love to see the others.

Edit: Bah! after posting it suddenly showed all of the pictures. Ignore my lunacy :wacko:
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Treesh,Mar 25 2005, 06:37 PM Wrote:Absolutely love this screenie Loch.

Me, too. No STSI submission?
MongoJerry,Mar 26 2005, 03:14 AM Wrote:Me, too.&nbsp; No STSI submission?
[right][snapback]71955[/snapback][/right]
Just curious Mongo, but how many submissions have you gotten for STSI? Roughly.
Intolerant monkey.
That's an awesome screenshot.
MongoJerry,Mar 26 2005, 03:14 AM Wrote:Me, too.&nbsp; No STSI submission?
[right][snapback]71955[/snapback][/right]
Thanks.

I really didn't think they were high enough in wow factor to bother with an STSI submission. I just cropped and posted the few I had sitting around that seemed to fit the super power theme that were good for a giggle. If you want it as an STSI, feel free to grab it here or I can send it. Also, part of the reason I didn't submit them is that, last time I checked, there was still confusion on where to send them (you or wow_stsi(?)) and if they should be cropped or not. I haven't checked lately to see if the info has been changed in the various places I've looked before.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Where is Warpwood located in the Dire Maul? Curious because he supposedly drops some pants I'm after.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Mar 26 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:Where is Warpwood located in the Dire Maul?&nbsp; Curious because he supposedly drops some pants I'm after.
[right][snapback]72006[/snapback][/right]

Oddly enough he's not in the Warpwood Quarter. He's in the west instance, through the courtyard and down the stairs. First time I fought him he knocked me back, rooted me, and went on a caster murdering rampage. Second time he only rooted me while I was next to him and he was very easy.
Boutros,Mar 26 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:Oddly enough he's not in the Warpwood Quarter. He's in the west instance, through the courtyard and down the stairs. First time I fought him he knocked me back, rooted me, and went on a caster murdering rampage. Second time he only rooted me while I was next to him and he was very easy.
[right][snapback]72014[/snapback][/right]

Just scouted him, then went in with a party. Entirely too easy to farm him, and I do hope there are some spawns in the room to slow that down. Perhaps putting him in the corner with some stealthed highborn ghosts around the place would work.
See you in Town,
-Z