Stupid question...
So with the original Diablo, in single player, are there three difficulty levels, or only one? Seems there was only one... Do I have to fire up the lan to pull a multi-difficulty-level character? Also, as I'm too lazy to look, anyone have a quick link to where to find whatever the final Diablo patch was?
Quote: So with the original Diablo, in single player, are there three difficulty levels, or only one?

By default there is only one difficulty level for single player.

But you could always exploit the MP to SP bug, or you could find the difficulty editor for 1.07 (it works perfectly for 1.08 & 1.09 too).
I won't post any links to it here since it can be used for cheating in MP, but you can find it on Henjo's Diablo page! :rolleyes:

Quote:Also, as I'm too lazy to look, anyone have a quick link to where to find whatever the final Diablo patch was?

Are you really that lazy? :mellow:

Diablo 1.09
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

It would take more than 2.5 minutes to fall from the top of Mt. Everest.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.
maniajk,Mar 28 2005, 06:55 PM Wrote:Are you really that lazy? :mellow:

Diablo 1.09
[right][snapback]72209[/snapback][/right]

Of course!

And no editors. I have a LAN, so running TCP/IP as host is no problem.

Thanks for linkkie.
SetBuilder,Mar 30 2005, 07:11 PM Wrote:Of course!

And no editors. I have a LAN, so running TCP/IP as host is no problem.

Thanks for linkkie.
[right][snapback]72475[/snapback][/right]

Diablo can never run TCP/IP for in-game comms. It uses UDP/IP for play over battle.net, or IPX for play over a LAN. If you don't have IPX available, you'll need to install it first. MP characters can be moved freely among the four modes (battle.net, IPX, modem, null modem), so it doesn't really matter which of the four you pick if you just want to play alone.
IPX set up as well.