Kalgan Answers Honor Questions
My turn :)

Kalgan has a big list of Q&A on the forums for the upcoming Honor System here.

It has alot of nice answers that were good to hear, like
Quote:Q: Will there be an area of dishonor? A place where no one can kill the opposing faction without losing honor. A good place might be an Argent Dawn tent or camp.

A: Not at this time. However, there will be times at which players will be worth no honor. For example, when a player loads into the world by crossing an instance line or logging in, or immediately after landing from a flight, that player will be worth no honor temporarily.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 1 2005, 05:06 AM Wrote:My turn :)

[right][snapback]72657[/snapback][/right]

Everything sounds really good. Once this and Battlegrounds hit, PvP will finally have meaning.
It sounds to me like they've really put a lot of time and thought into the Honor System. Let's just hope it comes out soon!
Seek the truth
Behold the truth
Reveal the truth
That is the law and the whole of the law
Quark,Mar 31 2005, 09:06 PM Wrote:My turn :)

[right][snapback]72657[/snapback][/right]

I was happy to read this part as well in response to the question about the kill counter:

Quote:Also, based on player feedback, we have decided to no longer award honorable kills for NPC kills that are not racial leaders so that players do not feel as though they need to “grind” NPC kills for honor. This change will also help the honorable kill totals mean more than they otherwise would.

I don't really think it was to "remove need to grind" I think it was to prevent "rapid easy rise through grind". But I'm glad to see it gone. It means that on PvE servers you need to do actual PvP to get honor.

The rest of it was nice to see. I was glad they emphasized the fact that they were tracking patterns and and that you would be worth zero honor in certain states and they they had not ruled out dishonor completely. That is in line with my expectations after reading the first preview on it. I'll be interested to see how the grand experiment plays out.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.