Problem with graphics...
Well I was going into an online game, and all of the sudden the thing went 'cycadelic' on me. It was a mass mixture of bright colors on my screen. I couldn't read a thing! Is this my monitor, or a problem with the game?
Encore,May 4 2005, 10:18 AM Wrote:Well I was going into an online game, and all of the sudden the thing went 'cycadelic' on me. It was a mass mixture of bright colors on my screen. I couldn't read a thing! Is this my monitor, or a problem with the game?
[right][snapback]76267[/snapback][/right]

Updated the drivers on your Videocard yet?
Try switching into Windows and back to the game.
i had this problem in two situations. one was when playing winamp in backgound, and the other when i used the special keys on my keyboard (volume up, mute, etc.).

try not doing any of the two :)
You can not kill that which is already dead. At least not easily.
Hmm, I think I have the latest drivers, and I dont have special keys or winamp on. I'll try the windows thing.
Encore,May 4 2005, 04:18 PM Wrote:Well I was going into an online game, and all of the sudden the thing went 'cycadelic' on me. It was a mass mixture of bright colors on my screen. I couldn't read a thing! Is this my monitor, or a problem with the game?
[right][snapback]76267[/snapback][/right]

Not sure what causes it but I've had similar things happen when I alt+tab out of the game and back. It happens very rareöy for me though, I hope it doesn't occur every time you try to play. Does it?
-Cytrex
Nah, it actually hasn't ever since I started this thread.
Diablo uses a different palette from Windows-normal, so if anything causes the Windows palette to be re-asserted while Diablo is visible, your screen will take on the described appearance. Technical reason for workaround: switching out and back in should cause Diablo to reassert its palette, which fixes the problem.
[vL]Kp,May 7 2005, Wrote:Diablo uses a different palette from Windows-normal, so if anything causes the Windows palette to be re-asserted while Diablo is visible, your screen will take on the described appearance.  Technical reason for workaround: switching out and back in should cause Diablo to reassert its palette, which fixes the problem.
[right][snapback]76584[/snapback][/right]

That's why the monitor makes a click whenever you alt+tab out or in, right? I have a picture viewer called Sea that does the same thing.
-Cytrex
Cytrex,May 8 2005, 12:57 PM Wrote:That's why the monitor makes a click whenever you alt+tab out or in, right? I have a picture viewer called Sea that does the same thing.
[right][snapback]76619[/snapback][/right]

The click is probably a consequence of the resolution change, actually. If you'd just run everything in 640x480, there'd be no clicking ;) (but the colors could still get corrupted).