The adventures of fufu the wonder scorpid
Ah, ok. Do you know at which level they have their original size back? Level 60, maybe?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Apr 30 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:Ah, ok. Do you know at which level they have their original size back? Level 60, maybe?
[right][snapback]75829[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure that L60 pets are generally bigger than what they were tamed from. At least all the cats I've seen seem to be.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Apr 30 2005, 06:27 PM Wrote:I'm pretty sure that L60 pets are generally bigger than what they were tamed from.  At least all the cats I've seen seem to be.
[right][snapback]75831[/snapback][/right]

This is odd, because I don't really notice Mirage getting any bigger than she has been in the last 37 levels I've had her, after her taming. Or is it a 'growth spurt' increase in the last couple of levels? We need Catlyn to show up with Muurka so we can compare pet sizes. =)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Apr 30 2005, 06:53 PM Wrote:This is odd, because I don't really notice Mirage getting any bigger than she has been in the last 37 levels I've had her, after her taming. Or is it a 'growth spurt' increase in the last couple of levels? We need Catlyn to show up with Muurka so we can compare pet sizes. =)
[right][snapback]75832[/snapback][/right]
There was a cat size comparison at the last lurker party and Muurka was definitely and obviously bigger than any other hunter pet cat there.

Edit: Nevermind. Misread the post. We didn't compare the tamed Muurka to non-tamed cats at the party.
Intolerant monkey.
Deleted.
Intolerant monkey.
Alright, I was by Darnassus this evening, and decided on a little empirical testing before showing my orphan our bank.

I summoned Mirage, and had her stand beside a Moonstalker Runt (the animal she came from). She was visibly larger, though not very much so. She's 51 now, and was tamed at 14.
I've temporarily tamed an Alpha Wolf yesterday to get Bite 2 for my main pet Mangeclaw, and have then attacked another Alpha with that tamed Alpha. The tamed Alpha had become siginificantly smaller after the taming.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I tamed Mangeclaw on my Orc hunter on Mal'Ganis, although I took a longer and apparently more difficult route. I took the zepplin outside of Org to Grom'Gol then ran up through STV, Duskwood, Westfall, and Elwynn Forest to the Deeprun Tram in Stormwind. I think I spent a good hour at least corpse-hopping my way to the tram once I entered Stormwind.

I ended up abandoning Mangeclaw for The Rake later anyway. :( I do enjoy the black bears of Loch Modan though. If I ever play another Horde hunter I'll grab one of them.
RTM,May 2 2005, 05:44 PM Wrote:I ended up abandoning Mangeclaw for The Rake later anyway. :(
You know that you can stable your main pets, do you?
nobbie,May 2 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:You know that you can stable your main pets, do you?
[right][snapback]76050[/snapback][/right]

Yup. I didn't have the gold to buy my 2nd slot at the time though. I liked The Rake better than Mangeclaw and I needed my extra slot for training purposes.
I'm using Mangeclaw with my little dwarf Hunter. He's not all that great - slow and pretty weak - at least he came with Claw2. I'll probably stick with him though, as I like the polar bear look (named him 'Winter').

Started an orc hunter the other day, and tamed Death Flayer, which is a rare spawn scorpid in Durotar. Looks cool, and has decent approach and attack speeds, and Claw2. I think he's a keeper (named him 'Whiplash' at my brothers suggestion).
A pic for some of the size comparison questions. Here is a pic of my cat, Mirage, at level 54 standing on top of a level 18 moonstalker of another hunter. As you can see, not only is she quite larger, but also paler, as her dark grey appears to be washing to light grey/white. Going grey in her old age, perhaps. ;)

[Image: Size.jpg]
A slightly OT question:

I see a lot Hunters using 2 daggers (dual-wield). Is this more recommended for melee than a 2-handed Axe, and if, why?
nobbie,May 12 2005, 03:02 AM Wrote:A slightly OT question:

I see a lot Hunters using 2 daggers (dual-wield). Is this more recommended for melee than a 2-handed Axe, and if, why?
[right][snapback]77072[/snapback][/right]

I think that it'd be completely personal preference. I really like the look of two one handed swords, and so use that. Daggers don't quite do it for me, so I haven't used them in quite some time. Strictly personally speaking, dual wield feels like it does more damage, faster.

So from what I've been able to garner, it's all about personal preference. Hunter's don't generally tend to go melee if it can be helped, so there is a lot more leeway here than say a warrior or rogue's choices.