A force to be reckoned with
Rather than post in the altitis topic I started, I decided to post another thread as an update and a big thanks. I had hit The Wall™ around 42 where quests were going as slow as molasses and i wasn't really old enough to find a new area. Then things started getting a lot better.

Ruv and Sabra often took me under their wing and grouping with them was a great experience. Knocking off quests and prepping for Uldaman. When the time came for us to go with Aleri and Gnolack I thought WoW i went to an instance while i was still age appropriate.

The same happenened for SM. Zippyy, Mitzy, Emjly and Grizelle(?) invited me to go to SM, unfortunately Mitzy and Emjly were having problems with their school network that night so were unable to continue, but the gesture of an invite was much appreciated.

I was able to go back to SM and complete it not too much later with Sommli, Ab, Griz and Aleri (?)(sorry my memory does kinda suck :lol: ) This turned out to be one of my favorite instance and the fact that i was able to do it with Lurkers made it all the better. I made a return trip later with Galreth, Ab, and Griz for a cathedral run too which was lots of fun.

I think the thing that surprised me most out of everything was the random whisper that showed up yesterday afternoon. I got an invite from Griz to head to Maraudon. For whatever reason made me happy to receive this random invite. A new instance and A new experience for me. :) Of course Ab was there as well and we had Katrin and a pick-up warrior as our front line. Things went smoothly and we got everything done other than princess.

So why the update? Last night I hit 50 and thought "Wow only 10 levels to go." I want to thank all of the Lurkers who added their support in the "Altitis" thread and those who've helped me feel like i've become more of a part of the guild. I now find myself between 2 groups, the upper of the two being in their mid fifites (54 or so) and the lower being in their late fourties (47 or so) I'm hoping this will help to continue to expand my experiences and provide many fun times with a large number of lurkers.

It's funny, simple things like Sommli's constant joking jabs at me help keep me going too. Look out Sommli, cause yes I will get to 60 before you. :P

And now to hijack my own thread. Arethor is lined up for a few quests that he would love to have Lurkers on board for. He needs to run all of Z'f sometime soon because he's starting to get old for it and the Z'f quests comprise nearly half of his quest log. He also needs to go for a Princess run in Maraudon, and a mushroom picking run in Uldaman. If you have any interest in any of these just let me know :D weekends might be a little tough for me at this point though, because my family is still in the process of moving stuff over to the new house and last weekend we were out almost all day saturday. I know this isn't really conducive to instances but if there's interst i'll try and make things work.

Edit: Bah, need to pay attention to which forum i'm in when i post the topic, Mongo is there any way to move this to The Crossroads?
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Apr 5 2005, 10:51 AM Wrote:I was able to go back to SM and complete it not too much later with Sommli, Ab, Griz and Aleri (?)(sorry my memory does kinda suck  :lol: ) 
[right][snapback]73046[/snapback][/right]

Nope, that one wasn't me. :) I went back in later though with Zippyy, Galreth, Pavis and Gnolack on Sunday (?).

Arethor,Apr 5 2005, 10:51 AM Wrote:and a mushroom picking run in Uldaman.[right][snapback]73046[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, Aleri still has to finish that stupid quest too. The little gnome finished it (*grumbles in Gnolack's general direction*), but he was the only one out of the five of us that managed to. At least I do have some of the shrooms though so it could be worse. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Arethor,Apr 5 2005, 12:51 PM Wrote:Edit: Bah, need to pay attention to which forum i'm in when i post the topic, Mongo is there any way to move this to The Crossroads?
[right][snapback]73046[/snapback][/right]

Moooooooooooved to Crossroads.

-Tal
Arethor,Apr 5 2005, 12:51 PM Wrote:The same happenened for SM.  Zippyy, Mitzy, Emjly and Grizelle(?) invited me to go to SM, unfortunately Mitzy and Emjly were having problems with their school network that night so were unable to continue, but the gesture of an invite was much appreciated.[right][snapback]73046[/snapback][/right]
That ill-fated SM run is one of my best memories. You and I stood there as our high hopes of Chapeaus and Triune amulets fell asunder. Bewildered as the last remaining member of our group said "penis" and ran off.

I would also like to thank you for being my... *counts on fingers* third favorite warlock on Stormage!

May I run Z'F with you? Pretty please? :)
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,Apr 5 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:That ill-fated SM run is one of my best memories.  You and I stood there as our high hopes of Chapeaus and Triune amulets fell asunder.  Bewildered as the last remaining member of our group said "penis" and ran off.
[right][snapback]73060[/snapback][/right]

Thats "priest talk" for "kthxbyebye".
Treesh,Apr 5 2005, 01:12 PM Wrote:Yeah, Aleri still has to finish that stupid quest too.  The little gnome finished it (*grumbles in Gnolack's general direction*), but he was the only one out of the five of us that managed to.  At least I do have some of the shrooms though so it could be worse. :)
[right][snapback]73047[/snapback][/right]
Like Littledude at 0/12 on the shrooms? ;)
Ruvanal,Apr 5 2005, 08:37 PM Wrote:Like Littledude at 0/12 on the shrooms?  ;)
[right][snapback]73076[/snapback][/right]

Ditto. And let's not forget Taunshu...
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Arethor,Apr 5 2005, 04:51 PM Wrote:Last night I hit 50[right][snapback]73046[/snapback][/right]

Whoa! You bad boy ....

Grats.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Glad you found the enthusiasm to get through the 40s. Coincidentally my warlock hit 50 last night as well. I've hit hit Zul Farrak a couple of times (knocked off 4 of the 7 quests I had there) but haven't got to Maraudon yet.

I can sympthasize with being slightly out of synch with your guild mates, level wise. In our guild we have 5 people at 60 (or almost there) tackling the end-game content, 3 more characters in the 40s, then they're all spread out over the lower levels. Haven't been able to do as many instance runs with a level appropriate bunch of guildies as I woudl like.

I celebrated hitting 50 by going into Un'Goro Crater for the first time. Always nice to explore a new area.

Chris
Ruvanal,Apr 5 2005, 01:37 PM Wrote:Like Littledude at 0/12 on the shrooms?  ;)

I hope you guys know that most "Uldaman" quests aren't actually fulfilled inside the instance. While some mushrooms do grow inside, they most abundantly grow outside the instance in that whole cave/mining area with the dwarfs and troggs. A party of two or three people would be more than sufficient to move through the area quickly and get everyone's shrooms.
"It's funny, simple things like Sommli's constant joking jabs at me help keep me going too. Look out Sommli, cause yes I will get to 60 before you. :P "

That sommli's one heckuva nagger :) Congrats on your 50, and you really don't see that I am actually worried you'll overtake me. You're 50 and I'm 58.... something wrong with that :P
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
Zippyy,Apr 5 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:That ill-fated SM run is one of my best memories.  You and I stood there as our high hopes of Chapeaus and Triune amulets fell asunder.  Bewildered as the last remaining member of our group said "penis" and ran off.

I would also like to thank you for being my... *counts on fingers* third favorite warlock on Stormage!

May I run Z'F with you?  Pretty please? :)
[right][snapback]73060[/snapback][/right]

Ah the old "penis" yell, I had almost forgotten but now that think on it, that was a great moment. We're broken hearted at a failed run so we pick up a replacement to start a new group. He promptly tells us we should use the stone, leaves the group, shouts "penis" and runs off. We stand there conversing about how random that was and what we're going to do instead of SM as he runs back to us and starts mocking/making fun of us for not having a group because we're not using the stone. :blink: Am I the only one that finds this slightly odd? hehe :D

Oh and you're more than welcome to come to Zul with me. After all Dana couldn't make it for some reason. :lol:

Ruvanal,Apr 5 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:Like Littledude at 0/12 on the shrooms?  ;)
[right][snapback]73076[/snapback][/right]

Actually Arethor has 1 mighty shroom :D

Quote:I hope you guys know that most "Uldaman" quests aren't actually fulfilled inside the instance. While some mushrooms do grow inside, they most abundantly grow outside the instance in that whole cave/mining area with the dwarfs and troggs. A party of two or three people would be more than sufficient to move through the area quickly and get everyone's shrooms.

I had actually been told that they could be found outside as well, but I still do need to collect them :)

Quote:That sommli's one heckuva nagger  Congrats on your 50, and you really don't see that I am actually worried you'll overtake me. You're 50 and I'm 58.... something wrong with that

Bah, you hit 58? You were only 57 when i logged off last night. You sir are a cheater and are obviously using a level hack :P

Quote:I celebrated hitting 50 by going into Un'Goro Crater for the first time. Always nice to explore a new area.

I actually visited Un'Goro at 48 and killed a few of the lower raptors there and grabbed some power crystals just for the fun of it. Now I can actually go Devilsaur hunting just so I can see how HUGE he really is :) although i have a feeling i'll end up being a Warlock snack for him. :blink: Hopefully my Immolation will give him indigestion though :P
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Tal,Apr 5 2005, 02:49 PM Wrote:Thats "priest talk" for "kthxbyebye".
[right][snapback]73063[/snapback][/right]
It WAS a priest!

You're amazing.
MongoJerry,Apr 5 2005, 03:49 PM Wrote:I hope you guys know that most "Uldaman" quests aren't actually fulfilled inside the instance.  While some mushrooms do grow inside, they most abundantly grow outside the instance in that whole cave/mining area with the dwarfs and troggs.  A party of two or three people would be more than sufficient to move through the area quickly and get everyone's shrooms.
[right][snapback]73087[/snapback][/right]
We are quite aware of this. Sabra, GG, Ruvanal and I did many things outside of Uldaman before going in. This is just one more thing that needs to be done. :) GG and I even did some of it with just the two of us. That's how we got ahead of Ruvanal and Sabra on the 'shrooms. :w00t:
Intolerant monkey.
Sabra,Apr 5 2005, 02:48 PM Wrote:Ditto. And let's not forget Taunshu...
[right][snapback]73077[/snapback][/right]
:whistling:

And I was amazed that we're now bigger than Taunshu! I remember playing with Taunshu as Etheramwen and Taranna. We ran Ruv off early thanks to my ninja looting. ;) Thought he'd never party with us again. :D

Edit: Not bigger. Just that close to Taunshu is surprising to me. Ruv must like playing crazy gnomes better than snooty elves. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Zippyy,Apr 5 2005, 07:26 PM Wrote:It WAS a priest!

You're amazing.
[right][snapback]73115[/snapback][/right]
Not really. He was online when it happened.

Or else I told him about it since that was the priest that I thought could handle my healing spot for you guys. :blush: ;)

Well, I had never met the priest before but figured, hmmm, they have priest, I can go back with my original group that I ditched to help you guys out. ;) That run just was not meant to be.
Intolerant monkey.
Icebird,Apr 5 2005, 03:29 PM Wrote:Glad you found the enthusiasm to get through the 40s.
[right][snapback]73085[/snapback][/right]
The 40s have been some of the most fun levels for Aleri. Between warlocks always trying to get her drunk or having her search for an invisible pool, rogues who manage to find a whole swarm to rile up and then bring back to her, warriors who have to leave for class after getting to the bottom of a cave so she bubbles the warrior for the run and ends up getting trained, hunters whose pets gets away and wakes up Doan while we're still fighting a small swarm with the priest already out of mana, dual mages who get to completely unleash everything so we can survive, times when having the priest die is a great healing strategy (no mana at all, mana pots still on cooldown, but I was soulstoned! So I died, let my spirit of redemption heal people, and then when that wasn't enough, but things were getting closer to dead, reviving myself and then healing some more now that I had mana :) ) and now running with Indiana Gnolack who has gotten turned into bowls of water and giant spools of thread, most of my time spent playing is spent laughing and/or working my butt off to keep everyone healed. Oh, there have been almost perfect runs of instances and elite quests. No bad pulls, no broken crowd control, but those just aren't quite as thrilling as "Oh crap. Big bad AoE enemy spells in cramped quarters combined with hard hitting melee. Save the mages because we need their fire power! Save the tank because we need him on the hard hitter! Save me!!" When we all got out of that one alive, I was awfully proud. That one I was willing to take praise on my healing skills. :) Usually I just slough it off because healing is what I'm there for and it's usually pretty routine. That one was anything but routine. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Apr 6 2005, 07:26 AM Wrote:hunters whose pets gets away and wakes up Doan while we're still fighting a small swarm with the priest already out of mana...
[right][snapback]73144[/snapback][/right]

Hey...Mirage apologized for that! ;) I have to admit, I'm having a ball at 40. While it can get a bit grindy, I'm also finding it more forgiving, so I can screw up a little, or see what I can handle. I'm finally really getting a sense of what M&M can do, and am really starting to have some fun with them. Especially now that I'm having to 'learn it all over' for group play. Thank god for understanding Lurker groups. *S* That was a very fun instance!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Treesh,Apr 5 2005, 11:27 PM Wrote:Not really.  He was online when it happened. 

Or else I told him about it since that was the priest that I thought could handle my healing spot for you guys.  :blush: ;) 

Well, I had never met the priest before but figured, hmmm, they have priest, I can go back with my original group that I ditched to help you guys out. ;)  That run just was not meant to be.
[right][snapback]73128[/snapback][/right]
No worries. :)

[Whitemane's Chapeau]

:D
We're pulling for you Arethor. I'm really sick of hanging out with rogues. I mean, Ab and Sommli are great, but do you know what it's like to never be able to see your party? All stealthy and stuff? And yeah. With Sommli sapping *everything* there is to see . . .

Hell. A warlock would be a nice change. :D Gruzzle's very happy to have you in the 50's.