Helpful Shortcuts
I learned this helpful shortcut, and thought that there might be other little shortcut tips that folks could post here.

A rogue I partied with taught me this. (You know it would be a rogue who teaches you how to sneak into places.) A big problem with Pyrewood is the adds you get on the main street. By going in the back way, you can get the book from the inn without encountering patrols. After you get the book, by going around the backs of buildings,you can get into the building to pick up the councilman quest without too much trouble. By using this method a party of 3--rogue tank, mage and shaman as healer were able to complete all the quests.

1. Do not enter through the main gate. Go up the path that leads to Shadowfang.
2. When you get on the bridge/overpass prior to entering Shadowfang, jump off to the left. It looks like a long jump that will kill you, but it won't.
3. After recovering full health, proceed along the gorge until you arrive at a gap in the Pyrewood fortifications and you are in.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
. . . . Man, do I wish I'd known that when I was in there. It would have made life SO much easier! I did it with five others and two pets [one mine], and I was one of two who miraculously made it out alive [without hearthstoning!].

Admittedly the "going behind buildings" part is something that should have been obvious to me. But the bridge part is amazing.
Tank for hire.
Taakal,Apr 19 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote:. . . . Man, do I wish I'd known that when I was in there. It would have made life SO much easier! I did it with five others and two pets [one mine], and I was one of two who miraculously made it out alive [without hearthstoning!].

Admittedly the "going behind buildings" part is something that should have been obvious to me. But the bridge part is amazing.
[right][snapback]74415[/snapback][/right]

GG and I duoed it on Tichondrius with our mage and warlock going right down the main street. Usually the only deaths we had were when the server was acting up and kept booting us. As long as you are careful and watch the patrols, it's really not that tough in there even at the appropriate levels. Just pay attention and be careful (which is sometimes easier to do with just a couple of people than with a full group).
Intolerant monkey.