How to not piss off your dagger rogue
Skandranon,Apr 25 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:A couple other points.  Firstly, upon casting DI the paladin immediately dies.  Part of the spell says "sacrifice yourself to...."  This can often make DI even harder to use if the paladin is main-tanking, as the first sign of a wipe tends to be the main tank going down.

The other thing I wanted to note was that DI drops the target from the hate list immediately.  For the rest of the 30 seconds, all DI does is prevent mobs from reacquiring him; most of the useful part occurs right at the start.  An interesting tactic with DI in raid situations is to have a paladin DI a priest or another paladin, and have the DI'ed target immediately right-click the DI icon to cancel it and get free.  Now you have a resurrector out of combat, and I don't think I need to explain how useful that can be.  Remembering that you can right-click cancel out of it is useful also in a 5-man situation when you're DIed and a patrol is coming.
[right][snapback]75134[/snapback][/right]

Quirky detail about DI: if you're shielded it doesn't kill you.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,May 16 2005, 12:27 PM Wrote:Quirky detail about DI: if you're shielded it doesn't kill you.
[right][snapback]77548[/snapback][/right]

Which shield are you using? I was under Divine Shield when I DI'd Flyndar and was killed.
Tal,May 16 2005, 08:56 AM Wrote:Which shield are you using? I was under Divine Shield when I DI'd Flyndar and was killed.
[right][snapback]77553[/snapback][/right]

Did it again last night. DS + DI = no death. Might be a new change.
Rinnhart,May 21 2005, 10:05 PM Wrote:Did it again last night. DS + DI = no death. Might be a new change.
[right][snapback]78216[/snapback][/right]

Did you cast DI on yourself or someone else? Maybe it only works if you cast it on yourself.
towelrod,May 25 2005, 11:37 AM Wrote:Did you cast DI on yourself or someone else?  Maybe it only works if you cast it on yourself.
[right][snapback]78576[/snapback][/right]

You cannot DI yourself.
Rinnhart,May 25 2005, 04:16 PM Wrote:You cannot DI yourself.
[right][snapback]78591[/snapback][/right]

I've never played a paladin, so I really don't know how this works.

A few days ago, I was in Dire Maul west with pally, hunter, rogue, priest, warrior. We were running back up to talk to the quest giver after killing the priest, and we were all spread out. The warrior accidentally agroed a couple of mobs that we left alive, and it happened at the same time as the hunter and I ran across one of those invisible guys. suddenly we had a pull of 3 or 4, and only 3 of us were together. We killed one of them, and then the priest and pally showed up. All 5 of us were definitely in combat, but we started to die, and a wipe was coming. The pally cast a shield on himself, and somehow he was still alive after the rest of us died, and he rezzed us. How did he do that?

I guess its possible that he never entered combat, but I am 99% sure he was fighting and healing when we started going down.
towelrod,May 26 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:I've never played a paladin, so I really don't know how this works.

A few days ago, I was in Dire Maul west with pally, hunter, rogue, priest, warrior.  We were running back up to talk to the quest giver after killing the priest, and we were all spread out.  The warrior accidentally agroed a couple of mobs that we left alive, and it happened at the same time as the hunter and I ran across one of those invisible guys.  suddenly we had a pull of 3 or 4, and only 3 of us were together.  We killed one of them, and then the priest and pally showed up.  All 5 of us were definitely in combat, but we started to die, and a wipe was coming.  The pally cast a shield on himself, and somehow he was still alive after the rest of us died, and he rezzed us.  How did he do that?

I guess its possible that he never entered combat, but I am 99% sure he was fighting and healing when we started going down.
[right][snapback]78650[/snapback][/right]

Odd- but you cannot DI yourself.