Molten Core, Lurker Style!
Hello everyone,

Well, now that my classes are so close to being done (one more project to finish) and more people are joining the ranks of the 60s I think it's time to once again look into getting the Lurkers into Molten Core. This time there won't be any holidays to get in the way as far as I know ;)

Due to the fact that our 60 population is still not huge though it would behoove us to try to coordinate as best we can. I want as many people to be able to join in on the fun as possibly can. To that end I want to solicit some feedback on when we should try to do this.

Keeping in mind the guild event this weekend and the fact that we simply do not have the numbers to put a run together on weeknights that leaves us with weekends. Here is how I see it:

Saturday, April 20: Potential start time early afternoon (somewhere between noon and 2) and going through to at least 8 or 9.

Sunday, May 1: Potential start 1-2 PM, the guild event is this night so we would have to stop by 7-7:30 in order to join the guild event. This would mean it would be more of a getting feet wet run but if we are coordinated I think we could certainly get one or two bosses down in this time.

Saturday and Sunday May 7+8: Both starting sometime early afternoon and running into the night.

Keep in mind that if you have specific restrictions we can substitute people mid run. It can be coordinated if you have to leave early or want to join late (although joining late might be contingent on someone leaving). I will also be inviting Basiners once I get a better idea of what kind of numbers we might have.

What I need each of you to do is respond telling me ANY of these times that you are interested. If you have specific preferences or special restrictions feel free to mention them. I want to make this open so that we can get maximum participation. If nothing else I'd like to get as many people in to see the place as possible.

Also of note, if you have not done the discovery quest yet please mention that. I will try to put runs together for anyone who needs them to do that quest. I'd like to lead those groups if at all possible to minimize the chance of running into the raid lockout bug.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Care for some mercenary assistance from CA?
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Err, given that finals are soon and I've got two projects to work on, I'm not able to commit myself at this time :unsure:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
mjdoom,Apr 26 2005, 01:19 PM Wrote:Saturday, April 20: Potential start time early afternoon (somewhere between noon and 2) and going through to at least 8 or 9.

I'll just jump into my time machine and go back in time to 2002, the last time the 20th was on a Saturday.

Quote:Sunday, May 1: Potential start 1-2 PM, the guild event is this night so we would have to stop by 7-7:30 in order to join the guild event.  This would mean it would be more of a getting feet wet run but if we are coordinated I think we could certainly get one or two bosses down in this time.

Saturday and Sunday May 7+8: Both starting sometime early afternoon and running into the night.

Clear for both these times.
Muurka and I can and will be there whenever you'd like to do it.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
mjdoom,Apr 26 2005, 01:19 PM Wrote:Saturday, April 20:

Keep in mind that if you have specific restrictions we can substitute people mid run.&nbsp; It can be coordinated if you have to leave early or want to join late (although joining late might be contingent on someone leaving).
[right][snapback]75283[/snapback][/right]
I'm assuming a slip of the fingers resulted in 20 when 30 was intended. ;)

I do need to see the place (even if I don't plan on making a habit of it :whistling: ). However, as I've said before, I don't exist before mid to late afternoon so I'll have to check on the status when I get on.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I would love to be able to commit Sharanna to this venture but I don't think I can given the needed time investment needed. I'm in enough hot water due to the 2 10 hour marathons on Strat and Scholo.

My apologies.
Being that finals are the week of May 16th for me, and I have plenty of projects and stuff before them, I dont' think I can commit the time yet. After that week, by all means I'm up for it, just have to discover where the darn thing is.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Ok, based on what I've seen here so far let's try next Saturday, May 7 in the afternoon. I am going to set the start time at 4PM and only advertise it as a 4 hour run to get used to the trash mobs and see a boss or two. This way those of you with time restrictions might be able to come. Around 8 or so we will reassess our situation and see if we can bring in reinforcements to go on or cut it short for the time being. If nothing else this will give us experience in how to clean out the trash so that other runs can move more quickly.

I hope that by making this closer to on par with a standard instance run more of you facing finals or other restrictions might still be able to come. My goal with these runs is to get as many people involved as possible, not to burn everyone out in an effort to figure out the whole place in one big run. As much as I love the phat lootz this is not my goal, my goal is to get everyone in for the experience.

So, with that said:

What: Molten Core!

When: Saturday, May 7. Starting at 4PM and going until 8PM (or later as numbers allow)

Who: Anyone who is level 58+. All of our friends in allied guilds are invited including Carpe Aurum, Contra Malum, and those in the Honorables channel.

Why: Fun!!! To get a chance for more people to see the place. The goal of this run is not to plow through large parts of the instance, but rather to get a feel for how to handle the trash mobs and maybe get to take down a few bosses.

Note: If you have not yet done the Molten Core discovery quest (Attuned to the Core) please let me know. We will get that done for you at the first opportunity as we don't want to get caught by the raid lockout bug.

Also Note: I would highly recommend people get both CT_RaidAssist and TeamSpeak. CT_RaidAssist is mostly beneficial to the healers, but whether or not you have it affects what information is fed to the healers in the raid. There are some nasty debuffs in MC and we won't be able to see those easily if you do not have CT_RaidAssist. It also adds a handy assist button that can help with assisting in place of/in addition to any macros you might set.

TeamSpeak is useful for anyone even if you don't have a mic. Generally it is faster and easier to communicate in battle by talking than it is to try to type something out. If you can only listen you can at least hear any directions that may happen during battle. If a response is necessary you can type it into Raid chat. I'm still hesitant to put my IP and password up in a public readable forum but any of the Lurkers currently on teamspeak can give you the info. If nothing else it's fun to hear the voices of real people behind the characters :)

That's it for now. Please let me know if you are interested in attending. In another day or two after I see how many Lurkers are interested I will post something over at the Basin. I hope to see many of you there.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
mjdoom,Apr 28 2005, 11:40 AM Wrote:TeamSpeak is useful for anyone even if you don't have a mic.&nbsp; Generally it is faster and easier to communicate in battle by talking than it is to try to type something out.&nbsp; If you can only listen you can at least hear any directions that may happen during battle.&nbsp; If a response is necessary you can type it into Raid chat.&nbsp; I'm still hesitant to put my IP and password up in a public readable forum but any of the Lurkers currently on teamspeak can give you the info.&nbsp; If nothing else it's fun to hear the voices of real people behind the characters :)
[right][snapback]75559[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it's also fun to hear NSD rip on me, or Alrin yelling at the stupid corpses for despawning too quickly. Seriously.

Either way, I'll try to be there. Saturday is usually spent with the Fiancee, but being finals week and all, she may or may not be coming down to college. (and at that point, I'll only have two trash finals to do, and my A+ cert, so not much studing needed)
mjdoom,Apr 28 2005, 12:40 PM Wrote:That's it for now.&nbsp; Please let me know if you are interested in attending.&nbsp; In another day or two after I see how many Lurkers are interested I will post something over at the Basin.
[right][snapback]75559[/snapback][/right]

I've reposted at our website, with a cutoff of 2359 EDT Friday for signups so I can get back to you with a list in timely fashion. ;)

Also, Vilatra and I are available to assist on discovery runs as well; I know we'll be having to do it for most of our folks who'd be interested anyway. (Actually, some deliberate mix-and-match on Discovery runs between CA and Lurker folks who haven't grouped together yet might be a good plan...)
I'll do my best to be there, but I'm going to need help discovering the place. I'll try and contact you guys in-game for that :)

As for CT_RaidAssist, while it's not essential for everyone to have it, atleast one person in each group is going to need it. That one person can report for everyone else. However, it's always easier if everyone has it.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
I'm curious as to whether or not there is a list of people committed to go this May 1st. I'm personally still not sure if I'll be able to make a run (weekends = time spent with the fiancee) but I was wondering if you were close to filling out a raid.

Edit: 2 of my guildies (Rothgar and Gebo) are always up for Molten Core or Onyxia (stupid Rothgar got Dragonstalker's Helmet on his first Onyxia run...)
Carpe Aurum confirmed:

Darian (60 war)
Vilatra (60 pri)
Psybie (60 mag)
Onan (60 pri)
Novaa (60 rog)
Altrius (60 pal)
Ewber (60 hun)

late confirm; if there's no room, it's cool:
Arleas (60 rog)

unconfirmed:
Porlupus (56 hunter -- if he gets levelled up in time)

(updated.)
Sergeant Sommli at your service!

Level 60 rogue. Only 85 unbuffed FR (:-\ I'll try and raid all I can to get more.) Should I skillup bows/guns to 300 now? Or wait? :)

Also I am aware that the larger guilds when running MC with rogues tend to tell them to be responsible for bringing heavy runecloth bandaids so that they can heal themselves without sucking the priests/druids dry. Perhaps we should have any rogues planning on attending bring a certain number of bandaids?
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
Now that this is getting closer I just want to try to confirm some numbers of at least high interest people. Some people responded before I posted the 4-8 plan so I just want to see where current interest is. The Carpe Aurum list I will assume is complete and correct but any Lurkers who are interested I would appreciate you replying again just so I can be sure. Thanks.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
I know that Rothgar and Gebo are interested. I am, however, I'm still not sure what is going on this weekend. I most likely won't know until Thursday night at the earliest, and friday night at the latest.
I'm in! My grades might suffer slightly for it, but who cares, I'm graduating :w00t:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Thanks Pesmerga, Rothgar and I will go on any of the dates listed.
Psybie had something come up and won't be able to make it Saturday, so there's one more slot to fill. :(