Guild Wars grouping topic
I got this game the other day, if I stick around you can find me as Marion Palmer (I think), Mesmer/Elementalist.

My brother has a Ranger/Nec on the account, if you see him, he doesn't know you-don't bother him... :lol:
Yet again, another thread rez, sorry...

I have finally bought this game, but would like to know if I could get a guild invite, if you all are still playing, that is.... name is Snick Superfist, thanks!
Already in an amazon basin guild, but if you see any character with some combination of "minion" and "man" in the name it could be me. I have a ranger/mesmer, natural minionman, ranger/necro, mixed minion man, necro/monk, man of Minions, and a warrior/elememtalist, nonminion man.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I play with the Basin and Seven Lances, name Mistress Mephista or Lady Mephista (shared account by 7L folks, probably isn't me)
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Minionman,Jun 25 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:Already in an amazon basin guild[right][snapback]81641[/snapback][/right]
Eventually you'll see the light and come join us.

Quote:but if you see any character with some combination of "minion" and "man" in the name it could be me.
I added Natural Minionman to my friends list, so if you get a whisper one of these days from either a Lurker Wyrm or Remy Borla, asking if you want to come down to the Underworld/Fissure with us, don't be too surprised.

It would probably be a good idea to start playing with some of the AB people, but I can't say I've got the motivation to start sending whispers to 5 different people to get a full game whereas I can usually get 2-3 people in the guild to help out with whatever and not have to worry too much about keeping the @Guild and #Team channels straight.

That being said, if you ever need an extra healer or Ranger Jack-of-all-Trades, feel free to give a shout.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Well, the major update happened yesterday. Nothing really special, since it is on average faster to unlock runes and skills in PvE than it is on the lower levels of PvP.

Anyway, spent the day playing and doing one of the new Ascalon quests with my main, then I made the stupid mistake of trading in my kick-ass level 14 wolf to unlock one (1) lousy skill in a quest I hadn't done the first time around.

I'm looking to do the Frost Gate, which so far has been the hardest mission to do. It doesn't help that I can't find a good enough party to tackle it. Ho hum.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
NiteFox,Jun 30 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:Well, the major update happened yesterday.  Nothing really special, since it is on average faster to unlock runes and skills in PvE than it is on the lower levels of PvP.

Skills, yes. Runes? Not when you want a specific one/have unlocked say, 80% of them. Which is pretty much the boat I'm in.

And, yeah, arena progression is slower then molasses. Seems like an encouregement to get people to start doing GvG...
Swiss Mercenary,Jun 30 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:Skills, yes. Runes? Not when you want a specific one/have unlocked say, 80% of them. Which is pretty much the boat I'm in.

And, yeah, arena progression is slower then molasses. Seems like an encouregement to get people to start doing GvG...
[right][snapback]82103[/snapback][/right]
Or at least to start doing ranked GvG. A lot of guilds do unranked just for the fun of it, but I guess ANet is trying to discourage that.

The faction point unlocking is useful for item mod unlocking, since it allows you to get the perfect modifiers instead of finding one that's only a few off. I don't think it'd be worth it to go for skills since by the time you get to Droknar's and beyond you'll probably have learned quite a few skills and the ones you haven't you can just create dummy characters to get those and then be deleted.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
And yet, when ANet announced this new feature they claimed it would allow "casual players" the same opportunities to unlock stuff as the hardcore gamers.

I frequent a GW board, and a lot of the members there figured out mathematically that, if a casual gamer resorted to PvP for their unlocking, they would unlock stuff ten times slower than what they would in PvE.

ANet needs to fix the numbers. The rewards for low-level arenas are so small it's not worth playing them, and the price for one unlockable is at least 1000 faction points. Now, that's only two GvG victories to the skill GvG team, but for the rest of us who are forced to slum away in the doldrums of PvP it's bordering on impossible. For those of us who never see their guild, it's tough.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

NiteFox,Jul 1 2005, 09:37 AM Wrote:And yet, when ANet announced this new feature they claimed it would allow "casual players" the same opportunities to unlock stuff as the hardcore gamers.

I frequent a GW board, and a lot of the members there figured out mathematically that, if a casual gamer resorted to PvP for their unlocking, they would unlock stuff ten times slower than what they would in PvE.

ANet needs to fix the numbers.  The rewards for low-level arenas are so small it's not worth playing them, and the price for one unlockable is at least 1000 faction points.  Now, that's only two GvG victories to the skill GvG team, but for the rest of us who are forced to slum away in the doldrums of PvP it's bordering on impossible.  For those of us who never see their guild, it's tough.
[right][snapback]82153[/snapback][/right]

PvP unlocking is still better then PvE for getting perfect mods on weapon upgrades/superior runes, after you've unlocked about 3/4 of them.

But, yes, the casual areas should have a bigger faction reward. At least increase the rewards for tombs, if not the arena.

But in whatever case, I was happy with the game pre-patch, I'm happy with it as it is.
There is one patch change that I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like.

Larger and more descriptive dialogues for merchants and collectors.

A small thing, but it really makes a difference ya know?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

NiteFox,Jul 2 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:There is one patch change that I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like.

Larger and more descriptive dialogues for merchants and collectors.

A small thing, but it really makes a difference ya know?
[right][snapback]82284[/snapback][/right]

The new collector screen is very nice.
PS could you please add me to guild? Naoa Firestarter
Swiss Mercenary,Jul 1 2005, 10:21 PM Wrote:But in whatever case, I was happy with the game pre-patch, I'm happy with it as it is.
[right][snapback]82229[/snapback][/right]
My main beef with the new Faction system is that you can no longer earn Attribute Refunds for your PvP characters. They're limited to the 24 you start out with. Thus you can't tweak your current character more than twice for a decent overhaul before you have to delete and remake.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
mommie,Jul 2 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:PS could you please add me to guild? Naoa Firestarter
[right][snapback]82286[/snapback][/right]
Invitation sent.

roguebanshee,Jul 2 2005, 08:43 AM Wrote:My main beef with the new Faction system is that you can no longer earn Attribute Refunds for your PvP characters. They're limited to the 24 you start out with. Thus you can't tweak your current character more than twice for a decent overhaul before you have to delete and remake.
[right][snapback]82288[/snapback][/right]
As someone on the Basin forums said, just delete the char and rebuild it to how you want it. Sure, it'll take you a few extra minutes or so, but that's not that big of a deal, I don't think. Chances are they'll do something about it in the next big patch, so don't worry about it too much for now.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Yay.

[Image: bdye.jpg]

My first black dye drop. Now to find a buyer for this sucker.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

*Recalls mentions of Sirian's interest in the game during beta

Here would be my small contribution to the variant legacy, with something that can't exactly along the lines of variant scum:

I've been trying to solo the game with a Warrior/Necromancer. And by soloing, I mean soloing, without henchmen to be exact. So far, so good, I suppose. Level 17, and have just finished Gates of Kryta - have done every quest prior to it, as well as all the bonuses for the 7 missions.

I'll be doing a detailed writeup, sometime in the future.
WarLocke,Apr 27 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:I'm online right now as Jhaele Flamehair, level 2 Warrior.&nbsp; Not sure if I'll pick up Ranger or Mesmer as my secondary class.

Post some names up in this thread or give me a yell ingame, or something!&nbsp; :(
[right][snapback]75472[/snapback][/right]

Rolande Orgahn
Level 1 Ranger (eventually Ranger / Elementalist - I want to focus on long-ranged power)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Swiss Mercenary,Jul 5 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:*Recalls mentions of Sirian's interest in the game during beta

Here would be my small contribution to the variant legacy, with something that can't exactly along the lines of variant scum:

I've been trying to solo the game with a Warrior/Necromancer. And by soloing, I mean soloing, without henchmen to be exact. So far, so good, I suppose. Level 17, and have just finished Gates of Kryta - have done every quest prior to it, as well as all the bonuses for the 7 missions.

I'll be doing a detailed writeup, sometime in the future.
[right][snapback]82517[/snapback][/right]

Whoa.

I hope you're still doing that writeup, I'm really interested to hear about this!
Also have "nonminion woman (elementalist with monk for resurrection skills), "minion manipulator" (mesmer/necro with domination/illusions/curses), and "minionwoman healer (monk/warrior with smiting/protection, tactics, divine favor.) (just realized I misnamed the character, since it is not a psecialized healer.)

Picked females for all these since I think these classses look a lot better in female.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Refrigerator,Aug 28 2005, 01:38 AM Wrote:Whoa.&nbsp;
I hope you're still doing that writeup, I'm really interested to hear about this!
[right][snapback]87404[/snapback][/right]

Ah, that's the problem! I've parked the character until I finish the writeup, but I'm always finding some excuse to not get working on it.

Lazy, lazy, lazy.