Vendoring crafted products for cash
One of my recipes as an Engineer is Iron Grenade. One iron bar + one silk + one heavy blasting powder (made from one heavy stone) = 2-4 Iron Grenades. A stack of 10 grenades sells for 50sp. Approximate auction House prices are silk 2.25sp, iron 5sp and heavy stone 3sp which means that I can buy materials for 10.25sp per craft and vendor the finished product at 15sp per craft. Moreover I have so much silk that I can't shift it even at rock bottom prices on the AH so it's useful to be able to transform it into cash in this way - since I sometimes end up vendoring silk for 30sp per stack the effective price for me of silk is 1.5sp per unit

Which brings me to my question: is there an effective product to turn surplus silk into cash in this way. The AH on my server is glutted with silk, I can't help thinking that there's very possibly a recipe which would allow me to buy up dozens of stacks of silk on the AH, turn them into shirts or something and vendor the results

Are any other traders vendoring for profit in this way and if so what have people found is the most effective stuff to sell?
Bandages. They raise the price from 30s a stack at vendors to 40s for 20 pieces of silk in 'bandage form'. Not to mention the skill is useful while leveling as well.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune