Stormrage - Mithril Spurs
The recipe for mithril spurs was found in Uldaman last night and was generously given to me to give to Gnolack. So he can make them now. Better yet they are still yellow for him.

I don't have any mithril left though but since I need to grind a bunch more for skill-ups I probably will have some soon. So if you want some mithril spurs, let me know. It's a win win for him since I do get skill for making them still so if you want them on a couple of pairs of boots that is fine too. :)

If you don't want to wait on me for the mithril they take 4 mithril and 12 solid stone (I still have 120 or so stone and if I go grind minerals again I'll get plenty more). Just holler at me if you want some.

I'm posting this hear unlike other stuff that I can make because, well, I know a lot of people want that extra speed wherever they can get it from and these are pretty darn cheap to make (unlike the armorsmith stuff I can make) and everyone can use them. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Do the spurs stack on top of enchants as opposed to removing them? (Like Armor Kits) if so, sign me up. I'll contact you in game at some point :)
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,May 11 2005, 06:09 PM Wrote:Do the spurs stack on top of enchants as opposed to removing them? (Like Armor Kits) if so, sign me up.  I'll contact you in game at some point :)
[right][snapback]77022[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately these go as an either/or with enchants. What many people will do is have a pair of "riding boots" and you can probably even macro it to switch your boots when you mount and dismount.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,May 11 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:Unfortunately these go as an either/or with enchants.  What many people will do is have a pair of "riding boots" and you can probably even macro it to switch your boots when you mount and dismount.

- mjdoom
[right][snapback]77023[/snapback][/right]

The issue is if you're in combat you cannot switch your non-weapon gear at all (becomes a problem when dismounting/being dismounted). I strongly suggest picking an enchant or spurs and sticking with it, unless you have two boots of comparable quality.

I wouldn't trade the speed boost from my spurs for anything- it's the only way I can run someone down.

The carrot's garbage, don't waste a trinket slot on it.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,May 12 2005, 08:23 AM Wrote:The issue is if you're in combat you cannot switch your non-weapon gear at all (becomes a problem when dismounting/being dismounted). I strongly suggest picking an enchant or spurs and sticking with it, unless you have two boots of comparable quality.

I wouldn't trade the speed boost from my spurs for anything- it's the only way I can run someone down.

The carrot's garbage, don't waste a trinket slot on it.
[right][snapback]77067[/snapback][/right]

Until I have a better trinket, I'm sticking with it. :) I wonder though, why the Mithril Spurs and the glove enchant doesn't specify how much faster the mount runs. The Carrot is 3%, but I wonder about those other two.
Phoenix,May 12 2005, 04:54 AM Wrote:Until I have a better trinket, I'm sticking with it. :) I wonder though, why the Mithril Spurs and the glove enchant doesn't specify how much faster the mount runs. The Carrot is 3%, but I wonder about those other two.
[right][snapback]77079[/snapback][/right]

With the Carrot, Riding enchantment for gloves, and the Spurs, you can get a 9% increase in mount speed. The way the speed increase works is it is multiplied by the mounts + your base speed. So, You move at 100%, the mount adds 60%, your speed increase is actually 160% * 1.09 for 174.4% speed. With an epic is becomes 218% speed. Only way to be caught is by a snare then and you can run down anyone.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,May 12 2005, 08:46 AM Wrote:Riding enchantment for gloves
[right][snapback]77090[/snapback][/right]

I guess this is a reasonable spot to mention that Flyndar can actually do the Riding Speed enchant on Gloves. It takes two Large Radiant Shards and a few dream dust. The dream dust are cheap but the Large Radiant Shards can run you 8-10 gold each so it's not a cheap enchant overall. Still, if anyone wants it I can do it.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)