New test realm patch notes.
New patch notes.

Looks like Warriors and Warlocks are getting some nice changes. Vanish will also work better supposedly, and several new towns will be added. Oh, there was one other thing, battlegrounds are in, including the one located in Ashenvale that you might have seen with the WoWMapViewer.
Boutros,May 11 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:... including the one located in Ashenvale that you might have seen with the WoWMapViewer.
[right][snapback]77028[/snapback][/right]

That worries me. There's already enough fighting between Ashenvale and Barrens. People waiting in queues to get into the Battlegrounds won't be questing, they'll be fighting at XR. Haven't read the rest yet, I'm busy eating!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,May 11 2005, 05:47 PM Wrote:That worries me.  There's already enough fighting between Ashenvale and Barrens.  People waiting in queues to get into the Battlegrounds won't be questing, they'll be fighting at XR.  Haven't read the rest yet, I'm busy eating!

My understanding from earlier developer comments was that this one was going to be a lower level battleground. We'll have to see what actually happens, though.
MongoJerry,May 11 2005, 05:43 PM Wrote:My understanding from earlier developer comments was that this one was going to be a lower level battleground.  We'll have to see what actually happens, though.
[right][snapback]77039[/snapback][/right]

It's actually a 10v10 capture the flag map that will spawn instances for people on a 10 level range scale, so anyone of level 21 and up can go there and compete against people of similar levels.

The relevant blue posts.
MongoJerry,May 11 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:My understanding from earlier developer comments was that this one was going to be a lower level battleground.  We'll have to see what actually happens, though.
[right][snapback]77039[/snapback][/right]

Okay, read the full list of changes and some of them are quite nice. I would like to know why Vanish has been changed "when used to avoid incoming attacks" since Blizzard claimed just a few weeks ago it was the "world design" causing problems <_<. My most played classes have a combined three changes: an icon, a skill I don't have, and Vanish. It'll be nice when getting reputation for Ravenholdt actually means something ...

Also read a bunch of blue posts. Apparantly Warsong Gulch is a 10v10 CTF Battleground, for levels 21-60, at tiers of every 10 levels. If this is implemented well, it should be awesome :w00t: . Alterac Valley is 40v40 pure fighting for 51-60, it looks like.

Some other random bits:

Wands - The Shoot Wand ability is now a toggle. While active, it will continue attacking with the equipped wand until some other action is taken (movement, spellcasting, item use, etc...). I'm glad about this because as a Mage, I'd rather have an auto-attack as a wand then as my dagger.

Sitting characters will now stand up immediately after an attack, even if stunned. Good, makes drinking safer, and gives Mages their anti-Rogue defense (Blink) while drinking. I still think Blind should be changed in some way. Blind shouldn't be able to be used as part of a stunlock.

Volley - Damage increased. Heh, would have been nice in the Lyceum with my Hunter/Hunter/Priest/Priest/Rogue runs :) Helps make 5-manning more viable without true AoEers, depending on the damage increase.

Wicked Leather Bracers Plan is no longer bind on acquire. That's great, but I've still never seen a Wicked Leather recipe drop - ever. I doubt I'll ever complete this set.

Everyone's favorite Alliance quest, "Deep Ocean, Vast Sea" now gives a substantial coin reward in addition to the choice of item. Wonder if it's worth doing now :)

Innkeepers around the world now have a gossip option that lets you join a meeting stone directly from the innkeeper rather than going to the location of the meeting stone. Also these Innkeepers will now have background lore about each of the dungeons. Interesting way to handle use of Meeting Stones. I'll have to read all the lore, at least :)

Pets of other party members will now display in the party UI. You can see pet health and harmful effects on the pet. You can turn this functionality on and off in the Interface Options menu. Finally!

Players must now bind a bind-on-equip bag to put in into a purchased bank bag slot. I'm confused by this. Does this mean any bag is bound to you once it's in a bank slot?

Fixed bug causing all tailoring recipes to show up as "orange" That cannot be fixed soon enough!

Edit: Bah! Took too long to write and Boutros beat me to the 10v10 part :P
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Boutros,May 11 2005, 07:42 PM Wrote:New patch notes.

Looks like Warriors and Warlocks are getting some nice changes. Vanish will also work better supposedly, and several new towns will be added. Oh, there was one other thing, battlegrounds are in, including the one located in Ashenvale that you might have seen with the WoWMapViewer.

One of the changes I thought would never make it happened. Wands are now auto-shoot!

Sadly, it's already heavily bugged. The wands still incurs the "invisible" universal cooldown, so now with the shooting toggled on, you can't cast any spell because you're always "doing something else."

Hopefully, this issue will be resolved before patch time, because it will be annoying to have to move simply to be able to cast a spell.

Even better, maybe this will get the devs to fix this bug, which has existed at least since retail, and probably longer.
Stormrage
Alarick - 60 Human Priest <Lurkers>
Guildenstern - 16 Undead Rogue <Nihil Obstat>

Dethecus
Berly - 23 Tauren Warrior <Frost Wolves Legion>
Quark,May 11 2005, 06:11 PM Wrote:Players must now bind a bind-on-equip bag to put in into a purchased bank bag slot.&nbsp; I'm confused by this.&nbsp; Does this mean any bag is bound to you once it's in a bank slot?
[right][snapback]77042[/snapback][/right]

I take this to mean that prior to the patch you could stick a BoE bag in a bank slot without it becoming soulbound. I doubt it will change anything for the vast majority of non-binding bags.
Boutros,May 11 2005, 10:16 PM Wrote:I take this to mean that prior to the patch you could stick a BoE bag in a bank slot without it becoming soulbound. I doubt it will change anything for the vast majority of non-binding bags.
[right][snapback]77045[/snapback][/right]

I've never actually seen a BoE bag, that I recall...

They must exist, obviously, but I don't recall ever having seen one anywhere.
Stormrage
Alarick - 60 Human Priest <Lurkers>
Guildenstern - 16 Undead Rogue <Nihil Obstat>

Dethecus
Berly - 23 Tauren Warrior <Frost Wolves Legion>
Alarick,May 11 2005, 06:20 PM Wrote:I've never actually seen a BoE bag, that I recall...

They must exist, obviously, but I don't recall ever having seen one anywhere.
[right][snapback]77047[/snapback][/right]

The Bottomless Bag is the only one I know of.
Boutros,May 11 2005, 07:42 PM Wrote:New patch notes.

Hmm they actually addressed the protection warrior a bit. I like the shield specialization talent even better than I did before, the extra rage will be helpful. 5 points there is also an essential one point rage reduction for shield block since you activate that and you will get a block and that rage point.

I'm glad it looks like the fixed the stun avoidance talents. I had 5 points in Iron Will at one point but I did a respec with Gnolack at 40 to get rid of them since they were pointless. I'm glad they finally admitted all those talents (the priests and the racial talent) were broken. I may have to think about that talent again.

Concussion Blow can now be used to effectively stop runners of any kind. It's less important for me to have a fast one hander now.

I'm happy with the warrior changes. Both of them help a protection spec in PvP a bit and help PvE as well.

I'm curious about this change though:
Players can no longer swap inventory gear while dueling. Does this mean I can't weapon swap in a duel anymore, that would suck for me. I know I'm still a horrible dueler but I need my weapon swaps. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,May 12 2005, 12:00 AM Wrote:Players can no longer swap inventory gear while dueling. Does this mean I can't weapon swap in a duel anymore, that would suck for me.&nbsp; I know I'm still a horrible dueler but I need my weapon swaps.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]77053[/snapback][/right]

Just a guess, but the "while dueling" thing makes me think people were switching armor during duels. I don't see why they would get rid of weapon swapping for dueling but not regular battles.
Quark,May 11 2005, 11:06 PM Wrote:Just a guess, but the "while dueling" thing makes me think people were switching armor during duels.&nbsp; I don't see why they would get rid of weapon swapping for dueling but not regular battles.
[right][snapback]77055[/snapback][/right]

I thought that too, but I'm pretty sure that duels still put you in combat which prevent most armor swaps anyway. Maybe there was a bug with that?
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I just played in the Alterac Battleground for two hours. The summary? Two big thumbs up. (Hey, I have two thumbs!). This is going to be so much fun -- and so much better than boring grinding or doing the Hillsbrad zerg thing.
MongoJerry,May 11 2005, 11:53 PM Wrote:I just played in the Alterac Battleground for two hours.&nbsp; The summary?&nbsp; Two big thumbs up. (Hey, I have two thumbs!).&nbsp; This is going to be so much fun -- and so much better than boring grinding or doing the Hillsbrad zerg thing.
[right][snapback]77073[/snapback][/right]

Did you just explore the PvP aspect or did you check out the ice trolls too? I've been curious if they were standard elites or raid level mobs.
*Players can no longer mail or auction an item that they've just disenchanted*

What does that mean ? Surely if its disenchanted then its gone ? How can you auction or post it ?
Take care
Raven Vale,May 12 2005, 06:47 AM Wrote:*Players can no longer mail or auction an item that they've just disenchanted*

What does that mean ? Surely if its disenchanted then its gone ? How can you auction or post it ?
[right][snapback]77075[/snapback][/right]
When you disenchant an item, it opens a loot window for you to grab the dust/shard/essense. I'm guessing people would disenchant right next to a mailbox or auctioneer, not loot it, mail it or AH it, then loot.
Blizzard Patch Notes Wrote:# Buliwyf Stonehand, the dwarven weapon master in Ironforge, now properly tells you about the weapons that Woo Ping can train you in, instead of talking about himself. He does like going on about his own martial prowess.
# Krinkle Goodsteel of Gadgetzan submitted a complaint to the local Repairer's Union and has had his ability to repair durability reinstated.

:lol:

Blizzard Patch Notes Wrote:#&nbsp; Additional mithril nodes have been added in Un'Goro crater

Thank the Mithril Gods of Blizzard!

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Boutros,May 11 2005, 11:24 PM Wrote:The Bottomless Bag is the only one I know of.
[right][snapback]77049[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure my WC quest reward ten-slotter is BoE. I'm not too sure, I'll have to check.

(Deviate Hide Pack)
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon
Quote:Dwarven Priests may now undertake the Molten Core discovery quest; "Attunement to the Core." By fixing this bug, we had to open the quest to all players once more. If you have already done the quest, you will not be required to do it again in order to access the Molten Core via the portal.

Be very very wary of this.
Best bet is (once this goes live) is for those of us with this quest done to go repeat it ASAP. It would make for some pretty embarassing moments when going on a MC raid and everyone wonders why you died in the lava.

QUEST RESET.

Do it again when this goes live. Just a heads up so you dont forget it when all the other goodies are in.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Thawwing Light,May 12 2005, 08:53 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure my WC quest reward ten-slotter is BoE. I'm not too sure, I'll have to check.

(Deviate Hide Pack)
[right][snapback]77085[/snapback][/right]

AFAIK, all quest rewards (like the 14 slotter from Uldaman) are BoP, not BoE.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-