LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Quark,May 14 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:Phoenix, I think Rinnhart's second "He's a warrior" was in fact pointing to the right guy.
[right][snapback]77428[/snapback][/right]

I'm sorry, but what am I making unclear here? Rinnhart said "if it's the same guy talking who's POV we have" and I just wanted to correct/inform him. I know that it started from someone saying "that from a high-level pally and all" or something, and I know that Rinnhart's point was that he wasn't a pally at all, but a warrior. I also take Rinnhart's word that they're both warriors, and I'm sure he pointed at the right guy.

But please: All I said/meant was that it wasn't the same guy talking as the person who's POV we had. That's all.
Phoenix,May 14 2005, 06:31 AM Wrote:I'm sorry, but what am I making unclear here? Rinnhart said "if it's the same guy talking who's POV we have" and I just wanted to correct/inform him. I know that it started from someone saying "that from a high-level pally and all" or something, and I know that Rinnhart's point was that he wasn't a pally at all, but a warrior. I also take Rinnhart's word that they're both warriors, and I'm sure he pointed at the right guy.

But please: All I said/meant was that it wasn't the same guy talking as the person who's POV we had. That's all.
[right][snapback]77435[/snapback][/right]

I understood that after your first post. And the speaker and the recorder are both warriors. :shuriken:
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,May 14 2005, 08:13 PM Wrote:I understood that after your first post. And the speaker and the recorder are both warriors.  :shuriken:
[right][snapback]77449[/snapback][/right]

Excellent. Everything is good then. Nothing more to see here. Move along. These aren't the posts you're looking for. :shuriken:
A patient of mine who only plays KOTOR and not WoW asked me today if I had heard of LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Jenkins. Apparently it is getting around. He saw it on some message board somewhere.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,May 17 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:A patient of mine who only  plays KOTOR and not WoW asked me today if I had heard of  LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Jenkins. Apparently it is getting around. He saw it on some message board somewhere.
[right][snapback]77692[/snapback][/right]

A thought- could this be a brilliant piece of guerrilla advertising? Blatantly staged... but also well produced, written, and played out (at the very least, that took a few takes to get right- it appears to be one shot start to finish). Is PALS FOR LIFE a Blizzard guild?

:shuriken:
There are a few things that make this video stand out

First, it's very very good observational comedy. Although the group in the video are farcical they are also VERY like many of the groups most of us have been in.

Next, I think people are sympathetic to a black hero. Leeroy is usually a black name and he sounds very black. Black players are a minority in the gaming community and I think most of us would like more black people to share the fun

Finally, it's in a way not very obvious. The first time you see it, it kind of looks ok, like perhaps it isn't staged at all. If you know the game and re-watch it a few times you realise it's very cleverly scripted and acted to be very like the way people play while really stupid too

I think they went to a lot of trouble to put this together and I think it's a terrific piece of video. I think it's great that 80 years after Buster Keaton people are still producing good slapstick
Brista,May 18 2005, 08:23 AM Wrote:Finally, it's in a way not very obvious. The first time you see it, it kind of looks ok, like perhaps it isn't staged at all. If you know the game and re-watch it a few times you realise it's very cleverly scripted and acted to be very like the way people play while really stupid too
[right][snapback]77727[/snapback][/right]

I honestly knew it was scripted when I noticed some of the equipment the players were wearing was only available later in the same instance. :) But again thats only because I know the game, just wanted to share. )
Tal,May 18 2005, 08:41 AM Wrote:I honestly knew it was scripted when I noticed some of the equipment the players were wearing was only available later in the same instance. :) But again thats only because I know the game, just wanted to share. )
[right][snapback]77728[/snapback][/right]

Well if i remember correctly they say "Last time we were here the whelps gave us problems" so maybe they picked up that gear on a previous run. :P Afterall it's not like capped players ever go back to the same instances over and over, right? :D
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,May 18 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:Well if i remember correctly they say "Last time we were here the whelps gave us problems" so maybe they picked up that gear on a previous run.  :P  Afterall it's not like capped players ever go back to the same instances over and over, right?  :D
[right][snapback]77737[/snapback][/right]

Quote: This was PALS FOR LIFE's 7th attempt at getting past the rookery in UBRS. Please feel free to give us constructive criticism on our tactics and how you beat this room...

From the original thread on the WoW forums. :)
Tal,May 18 2005, 07:07 AM Wrote:From the original thread on the WoW forums. :)
[right][snapback]77739[/snapback][/right]

But they do cover for themselves saying that they'd acquired the gear on pick-up runs, later in the thread.
Rinnhart,May 18 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:But they do cover for themselves saying that they'd acquired the gear on pick-up runs, later in the thread.

And of course, it's all a farce, because some of the equipment is also stuff only found in Molten Core. This isn't some noob group meeting the rookery for the first time (or for the second, third, or fourth times). For me, the clearest indication that this was staged was how well set up the opening shot was with the camera angle capturing everyone and everyone standing nicely still and contained in the shot. No way could such a shot be done with real players without it being staged.
MongoJerry,May 18 2005, 12:33 PM Wrote:And of course, it's all a farce, because some of the equipment is also stuff only found in Molten Core.  This isn't some noob group meeting the rookery for the first time (or for the second, third, or fourth times).  For me, the clearest indication that this was staged was how well set up the opening shot was with the camera angle capturing everyone and everyone standing nicely still and contained in the shot.  No way could such a shot be done with real players without it being staged.
[right][snapback]77781[/snapback][/right]

No raid's complete without the night elf doing flips constantly.
Rinnhart,May 19 2005, 07:16 AM Wrote:No raid's complete without the night elf doing flips constantly.
[right][snapback]77878[/snapback][/right]

You should have been there for one of our Mauradon runs, when 4 out of 5 members of the party were NE females, and were all swimming and flipping around in the orange pool... ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,May 19 2005, 05:25 AM Wrote:You should have been there for one of our Mauradon runs, when 4 out of 5 members of the party were NE females, and were all swimming and flipping around in the orange pool... ;)
[right][snapback]77880[/snapback][/right]
From now on, Maraudon will needs must be referred to as "the mansion" and that pool "the grotto"... :P
Leroys fame made it even over the ocean, bridging language barriers. Everytime I do the Rookery in UBRS now, someone shouts Leeerooooyyy when entering the room or ask innocently "Shall I do the Leroy? C'mon pleaase." :D
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.