Will Blizzard present Diablo III?
Will Blizzard present Diablo III at the E3 Expo next week?

http://www.e3expo.com/index.asp

Did anyone hear anything except rumors?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,May 15 2005, 05:24 AM Wrote:Will Blizzard present Diablo III at the E3 Expo next week?
[right][snapback]77486[/snapback][/right]

If they do, I would be highly disappointed. I want a new world.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,May 15 2005, 05:23 PM Wrote:If they do, I would be highly disappointed.  I want a new world.
[right][snapback]77495[/snapback][/right]

World of Diablo???
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,May 15 2005, 01:40 PM Wrote:World of Diablo???
[right][snapback]77498[/snapback][/right]

Sorry, a new gaming atmosphere. New backgrounds, new stories, new histories. Nothing Starcraft, Warcraft, or Diablo related at all. Blizzard's probably busy working on a WoW expansion, besides lead developers still working on WoW itself. Blizzard also has people devoted to SC:Ghost. They may or may not have another team going at this point. Blizzard North was gathering up members for a 2nd development team, but I don't know if they have it or not. So assuming least projects possible, it's only one unannounced Blizzard North project going on. Blizzard North hasn't done anything non-Diablo yet. It's time for a change.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Why? Diablo had the coolest settings I have ever played in. I want more from Charsi, Atma, Tyrael, and, and, and ... :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I like hacking demons back into the infernal dimension from which they came. That's fun stuff :D
Wirt.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,May 15 2005, 02:59 PM Wrote:Wirt.
[right][snapback]77511[/snapback][/right]

Wirt is dead, thank goodness. Now, I may only buy Diablo III if I can Town Kill Ormus, Akara, and Charsi, and I can tie Anya down and horsewhip her for the crappy rares she used to dole out as "reward" . . .

And Cain? I'd like to shove a certain "great treasure" square peg up his "round hole."

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 16 2005, 07:09 PM Wrote:Wirt is dead, thank goodness.  Now, I may only buy Diablo III if I can Town Kill Ormus, Akara, and Charsi, and I can tie Anya down and horsewhip her for the crappy rares she used to dole out as "reward" . . .

And Cain?  I'd like to shove a certain "great treasure" square peg up his "round hole."

Occhi
[right][snapback]77601[/snapback][/right]

That would be an interesting game...only that would only take like 3 minutes :ph34r:
Quark,May 15 2005, 08:07 PM Wrote:Sorry, a new gaming atmosphere. 

I know what you meant, I was just exchanging "Warcraft" for "Diablo" and instantly got a new game :) Of course not a new world in that sense.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Occhidiangela,May 16 2005, 06:09 PM Wrote:Wirt is dead, thank goodness.

Are you so sure that Wirt is really dead? A wooden leg, a few coins (a suspiciously small number of coins, in fact, for someone with Wirt's habitual mark up) and a charred but barely identifiable body...It doesn't take Hercule Poirot to wonder if appearances were deceiving.
Also, the ppl at Flagship left because they 'didn't want to make another Diablo' and one of the job ads mentioned 'designing creatures from the abyss'.

Also, there is still my fave timezone in world history, the Sin War. Not to mention the rest of the huge Diablo history, you know the stuff that's irrelevant to your killing Baal in two hits with meteor.

Perhaps you can meet the real Horazon and Bartuc, shake hands with Nor Tiraj or even Akarat, participate in the binding of Diablo in Aranoch or see the dark riders that have been plaguing Tristram while the hero was in the cathedral messing with succubi. There's plenty of stuff to base the next Diablo on.

Of course they could also do something real stupid and announce Starcraft 2...
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Brother Laz,May 17 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:Also, there is still my fave timezone in world history, the Sin War. Not to mention the rest of the huge Diablo history, you know the stuff that's irrelevant to your killing Baal in two hits with meteor.

Perhaps you can meet the real Horazon and Bartuc, shake hands with Nor Tiraj or even Akarat, participate in the binding of Diablo in Aranoch or see the dark riders that have been plaguing Tristram while the hero was in the cathedral messing with succubi. There's plenty of stuff to base the next Diablo on.

[right][snapback]77643[/snapback][/right]

Or see what happens now that Tyrael has blasted the Worldstone into a million pieces! :)
Brother Laz,May 17 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:Of course they could also do something real stupid and announce Starcraft 2...
[right][snapback]77643[/snapback][/right]

Oh yes, it must be stupid to create another game in what is probably Blizzard's most popular world. I do hope they continue the SC line more than Ghost, I want to know what happens to Kerrigan. But for now I want a new world.

Oh, and I predict Blizzard North will never work on a Starcraft or Warcraft. Nothing against North, but I just don't see the main office shipping off their jewels to the acquired office.
Occhidiangela,May 16 2005, 08:09 PM Wrote:Wirt is dead, thank goodness.&nbsp; Now, I may only buy Diablo III if I can Town Kill Ormus, Akara, and Charsi, and I can tie Anya down and horsewhip her for the crappy rares she used to dole out as "reward" . . .

And Cain?&nbsp; I'd like to shove a certain "great treasure" square peg up his "round hole."

Occhi

Three words: necro extortion game. Gheed is scared of necros. You walk up to gheed, ask for money. gheed hands money over. You walk away. rinse and repeat.

Panmdemonium paparrazzi. See if you can catch Jamella or Halbu doing or saying anything else besides weapons or "what do you need".

The Ormus decoder game: several difficulty levels, you have to guess what Ormus is talking about.

Geglash rehab: explains itself.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Quark,May 15 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:Sorry, a new gaming atmosphere.&nbsp; New backgrounds, new stories, new histories.&nbsp; Nothing Starcraft, Warcraft, or Diablo related at all.&nbsp; Blizzard's probably busy working on a WoW expansion, besides lead developers still working on WoW itself.&nbsp; Blizzard also has people devoted to SC:Ghost.&nbsp; They may or may not have another team going at this point.&nbsp; Blizzard North was gathering up members for a 2nd development team, but I don't know if they have it or not.&nbsp; So assuming least projects possible, it's only one unannounced Blizzard North project going on.&nbsp; Blizzard North hasn't done anything non-Diablo yet.&nbsp; It's time for a change.
[right][snapback]77502[/snapback][/right]

Actually, the people working on SC:Ghost weren't official Bliizard employees until recently. The project was sent to an outside company which Blizzard recently bought (as in the last few days).

The most interesting thing about this buyout is that Blizzard has stated that the intent of it is to start creating more console games. They now how a new studio dedicated to these console games after SC:Ghost ships.
Stormrage
Alarick - 60 Human Priest <Lurkers>
Guildenstern - 16 Undead Rogue <Nihil Obstat>

Dethecus
Berly - 23 Tauren Warrior <Frost Wolves Legion>
Alarick,May 18 2005, 04:42 AM Wrote:Actually, the people working on SC:Ghost weren't official Bliizard employees until recently.&nbsp; The project was sent to an outside company which Blizzard recently bought (as in the last few days).

The most interesting thing about this buyout is that Blizzard has stated that the intent of it is to start creating more console games.&nbsp; They now how a new studio dedicated to these console games after SC:Ghost ships.
[right][snapback]77704[/snapback][/right]

Wasn't the old Blizzard North (pre Diablo) a console game maker? I recall in dicussions with the Hellfire programmers were they noted that the code for Diablo showed some such "hints" that it was from people that seemed to be more into console than PC coding. Perhaps the difference is smaller today though.
Occhidiangela,May 17 2005, 02:09 AM Wrote:Wirt is dead, thank goodness.

ah, but what you don't know, is that whilst you were faffing about in acts 2-4 nihlathak leaped onto the waypoint in harrogath, went to the stony field, the went into tristram and ressurected wirt's corpse.

In DiabloIII he will be the final boss, prime evil Number 8, the lord of greed, the biggest, baddest, most expensive of them all.

DiabloIII will cost £500 per copy and £25 per day to play - wirt took over Blizzard as well as the diablo world :P
You're ideas are...interesting.
In Diablo III we will learn that Ganoosh, the little Gnome guy in the Apothecarium in Undercity, is the mastermid behind all Prime Evils!