Butcher, Baker, or Candlestick Maker?
Brista,May 20 2005, 05:15 PM Wrote:I just had a notion that amused me

Find an enemy player grinding. Wait till they kill their mob. Sap them, skin the mob, and run away. Restealth if needed and wait for them to kill another mob. Rinse and repeat
[right][snapback]78113[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations! You've discovered ninja skinning!

If it's done to the enemy, surprisingly it's less annoying than on an ally - an enemy can try to destroy you if you make him angry enough, and ally would just have to sit there, irritated, as you skin his kill.

If you do this to someone without skinning however, no big loss.

edit - I also want to post that I know you aren't actually encouraging anyone to do this... unless I'm mistaken and you are.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon
Thawwing Light,May 22 2005, 07:00 PM Wrote:Congratulations! You've discovered ninja skinning!

If it's done to the enemy, surprisingly it's less annoying than on an ally - an enemy can try to destroy you if you make him angry enough, and ally would just have to sit there, irritated, as you skin his kill.

If you do this to someone without skinning however, no big loss.

edit - I also want to post that I know you aren't actually encouraging anyone to do this... unless I'm mistaken and you are.
[right][snapback]78245[/snapback][/right]

Fortunately you cannot sap people from your own faction. And, yes, it is annoying if the skinner in my party skins a dead monster before I had the opportunity to loot it...

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Arnulf,May 25 2005, 06:31 PM Wrote:Fortunately you cannot sap people from your own faction. And, yes, it is annoying if the skinner in my party skins a dead monster before I had the opportunity to loot it...

-Arnulf
[right][snapback]78603[/snapback][/right]

Stop being annoyed, you can't do that. Trust me on this, 100%, you can only skin when there is no loot. If there's loot on the corpse, the "skinnable" icon does not show up. Which leaves for many bodies if the current looter doesn't check the corpse, and leaves for much junk in my inventory that people don't want to pick up. Occasionally you even get screwed completely, if a quest item drops that no one is eligible for, you'll never be able to skin the corpse.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!