DeeBye,May 23 2005, 01:36 AM Wrote:http://sithsense.com/flash.htm
[right][snapback]78280[/snapback][/right]
Couldn't guess a simple desk fan.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Occhidiangela,May 23 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:The other plot hole is that Padme tells Annikin in this last film that she has to tell the queen that she is retiring to raise their child.  I thought Padme was the queen, Amidala.  Immense gafffe.
[right][snapback]78311[/snapback][/right]

The only Star Wars that Padme was actually queen in was The Phantom Menace. Queen is an elected office on Naboo, and between the first and second she 'retires' from office, to become Senator Amidala. So for Ep II and Ep III, she's not the queen anymore, but a highly respected Senator who still has to answer to the queen.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,May 23 2005, 08:12 AM Wrote:The only Star Wars that Padme was actually queen in was The Phantom Menace. Queen is an elected office on Naboo, and between the first and second she 'retires' from office, to become Senator Amidala. So for Ep II and Ep III, she's not the queen anymore, but a highly respected Senator who still has to answer to the queen.
[right][snapback]78314[/snapback][/right]

Queen an elected office? Lucas is an idiot. Thanks, Mirajj. :blink:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
What sort of numbskulls elect a hormone plagued teen girl as queen?

Not a sexist question or anything.

Most teen girls I know are barely capable of chewing gum, walking, and talking on their cell phone at the same time... How could one run a planet?

Oh dear... I am going to get lambasted for that remark... Do your worst!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,May 23 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:What sort of numbskulls elect a hormone plagued teen girl as queen?

Not a sexist question or anything.

Most teen girls I know are barely capable of chewing gum, walking, and talking on their cell phone at the same time... How could one run a planet?

Oh dear... I am going to get lambasted for that remark... Do your worst!
[right][snapback]78320[/snapback][/right]

They get elected because the men voting suffer from deadly testosterone poisoning and vote for whoever's midriff is nicest. Given the intellectual depth of anything Lucas is involved with, that theory is internally consistent with his universe.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 24 2005, 04:43 AM Wrote:They get elected because the men voting suffer from deadly testosterone poisoning and vote for whoever's midriff is nicest.  Given the intellectual depth of anything Lucas is involved with, that theory is internally consistent with his universe.

Occhi
[right][snapback]78328[/snapback][/right]

So I actually forgot to list the concepts that I liked (Not necessarily the execution, but the concepts):
- Yoda meets Chewbacca without causing continuity holes
- C3P0 belongs to both Annikin and Luke without continuity holes (But the memory wip is a 'cheap' device)
- The reason behind Annikin becoming mostly robotic
- 'Annikin, I am your father' from Palpatine. (The story about being able to create life from nothing, and how Palpatine was taught that from Tyranous). Nice mirror to Ep 5 (?) and makes for a nice family tree :P . Tidies up the 'virgin birth' issue from Ep 1.

I don't get how R2D2 didn't need a memory wipe... since he can communicate with C3P0 et al. Wouldn't he have told Luke about history?
Occhidiangela,May 23 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:They get elected because the men voting suffer from deadly testosterone poisoning and vote for whoever's midriff is nicest.  Given the intellectual depth of anything Lucas is involved with, that theory is internally consistent with his universe.

Occhi

Men? Men? Isn't that the same planet Jar Jar is from? I'd hardly qualify them as men! :P

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,May 24 2005, 12:31 AM Wrote:Men? Men?  Isn't that the same planet Jar Jar is from?  I'd hardly qualify them as men!  :P

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]78417[/snapback][/right]

The Naboo are Mankind, above ground with domed cities. Queen of the Naboo is a queen of humans.

The Gungun (Or was that "dung unh!") are living underwater useless Jar Jar semi liz anthro lizard species needing to be all turned into shoes, belts, and handbags.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 24 2005, 12:30 PM Wrote:The Naboo are Mankind, above ground with domed cities.  Queen of the Naboo is a queen of humans. 

The Gungun (Or was that "dung unh!") are living underwater useless Jar Jar semi liz anthro lizard species needing to be all turned into shoes, belts, and handbags.

Occhi
[right][snapback]78456[/snapback][/right]

Not lizard.

Amphibian.

Salt water amphibians no less.

And they can become Jedi. The Force is strong in them infact. IIRC, it's part of how they manage to make force fields, a technology their race is well known for.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,May 24 2005, 12:47 PM Wrote:And they can become Jedi. The Force is strong in them infact. IIRC, it's part of how they manage to make force fields, a technology their race is well known for.
[right][snapback]78458[/snapback][/right]

[Image: ghostbustersbelieveu.jpg]

Personally, I prefer to believe that Episodes 1 and 2 never happened.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Doc,May 24 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:Not lizard.

Amphibian.

Salt water amphibians no less.

And they can become Jedi. The Force is strong in them infact. IIRC, it's part of how they manage to make force fields, a technology their race is well known for.
[right][snapback]78458[/snapback][/right]

OK, when you cook their legs, do they taste like chicken? <_<
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 25 2005, 09:25 AM Wrote:OK, when you cook their legs, do they taste like chicken?&nbsp; <_<
[right][snapback]78538[/snapback][/right]

Not the legs silly, fried Gungun ears. Tastes just like salty pork rinds.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Occhidiangela,May 20 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:...6.  As soon as a Princess gives birth to twins, she loses the will to live.  Nice Post Portman Depression, George.  I'll have salza on my psycho babble. ...
[right][snapback]78136[/snapback][/right]
This crime is deeper than that. She named the babies as well.

I may be stretching a bit here, but when you name your children, your mind is on the future, correct? Their future. The future you'd want to be a part of.

George, if you're going to kill off Padme, then you damn well make sure she kicks off before she ever gets a chance to look at her infant children in the eye.

Not after.

Never after.

Lucas has officially lost any and all claims to the title of 'storyteller'. He has absolutely no frickin' clue as to how drive a character. It's all sterile plot-pushing for him.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Jun 12 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:George, if you're going to kill off Padme, then you damn well make sure she kicks off before she ever gets a chance to look at her infant children in the eye.
[right][snapback]80249[/snapback][/right]

Not even this, but I once again raise my "BIG PLOT HOLE" issue. EP 6 direct quote from Luke to Leia:
"Do you remember your mother, your real mother?"

And Leia does remember... :wacko:
whyBish,Jun 12 2005, 01:40 AM Wrote:Not even this, but I once again raise my "BIG PLOT HOLE" issue.&nbsp; EP 6 direct quote from Luke to Leia:
"Do you remember your mother, your real mother?"

And Leia does remember...&nbsp; :wacko:
[right][snapback]80275[/snapback][/right]

She says something like "Images mostly, feelings"

Leia might have been remembering her adoptive mother. She might have died young as well. To my knowledge, nothing is ever said about Leia's Alderaanian parent's fate. Or she might be manifesting Jedi powers in remembering her birth mother.

Hey, it's possible :)
DeeBye,Jun 11 2005, 11:54 PM Wrote:Or she might be manifesting Jedi powers in remembering her birth mother.

Hey, it's possible&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]80276[/snapback][/right]

She is more likely be reciting LucasLines that are drawn by the Farce through Lucas' torus like plot holes. :P

Either that, or she did some really neat mushrooms on Alderran and was having yet another flashback to a repressed memory that her therapist convinced her was real when she sued her adoptive partents for being less perfect than her idealized birth mother. The early 80's were famous for psychobabble, that was probably part of the alleged backstory. :P

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
DeeBye,Jun 12 2005, 01:54 AM Wrote:Hey, it's possible&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]80276[/snapback][/right]

Actually extremely possible, because Leia does recieve some rudimentary Jedi training. However, because of her participation in the New Republic Senate she never takes the time to actually go and focus on honing her skills.

Leia and Han's children however are a different story.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Urza-DSF,Jun 12 2005, 11: Wrote:Actually extremely possible, because Leia does recieve some rudimentary Jedi training.&nbsp; However, because of her participation in the New Republic Senate she never takes the time to actually go and focus on honing her skills.&nbsp;

Leia and Han's children however are a different story.
[right][snapback]80307[/snapback][/right]

Guessing: this is from the multiple paperbacks out on the expanded Star Wars franchise?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 12 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:Guessing: this is from the multiple paperbacks out on the expanded Star Wars franchise?

Occhi
[right][snapback]80308[/snapback][/right]

*nods* Pretty much. Luke, Han and the others kept on trying to push Leia to focus on her training, but as I said she never took the time. The kids's training on Yavin IV's Forest Moon (Skywalkers Jedi Parexium) and abroad is detailed in the Young Jedi Knights series; while the New Jedi Order series, which features pretty much every important character in the expanded universe, places them well into being jedi knights.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
I've seen all nine movies now in the theater with my family. (Ten if you count the recently-born viewing of RotJ.) The first trilogy, the second trilogy, and the revised (ecch) trilogy.

I'm sad that Dooku got such a suck ending. Yeah, he has a stupid name. It's Christopher Lee, for crying out loud.

And what does everybody got against hands in these movies?! Hands, wrists, arms, etc.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.