Hunter Pet Ability Bug.
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've just done some extensive testing and have a bug...

If you have a pet ability that is NOT on your pet's button bar, it will default ON every time you log in, or summon your pet, and autocast at every opportunity. You have to manually place the ability on the button bar turn it off, and then replace it for it to remain off. But, it will only remain off until you resummon the pet, or log back into the game.

This is NOT UI Modification Related. I tested this in a Clean/Default install with No UI Mods installed.

I noticed Muurka wasn't holding agro very well... Disturbing... Then I noticed she was casting Cower, even though it wasn't on her button bar. Then I wrote up a ticket, and got a response from a GM in like 15 minutes... he then prodeced to tell me to screw up my UI setup and wouldn't hang around so I could to the proper tests to see what the Real problem was, and whether or not it was related to the UI at all... I should send 'em an invoice.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Addendum: I resubmitted the ticket, detailing the bug, and the next guy tried to tell me that that's Functioning as Intended.

So, that guy's lying, or the first guy had me troubleshoot and mess up my user interface out of spite.

Freekin' Useless.
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
Catlyn,May 23 2005, 02:47 PM Wrote:I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've just done some extensive testing and have a bug...

If you have a pet ability that is NOT on your pet's button bar, it will default ON every time you log in, or summon your pet, and autocast at every opportunity. You have to manually place the ability on the button bar turn it off, and then replace it for it to remain off. But, it will only remain off until you resummon the pet, or log back into the game.

This is NOT UI Modification Related. I tested this in a Clean/Default install with No UI Mods installed.

I noticed Muurka wasn't holding agro very well... Disturbing... Then I noticed she was casting Cower, even though it wasn't on her button bar. Then I wrote up a ticket, and got a response from a GM in like 15 minutes... he then prodeced to tell me to screw up my UI setup and wouldn't hang around so I could to the proper tests to see what the Real problem was, and whether or not it was related to the UI at all... I should send 'em an invoice.
[right][snapback]78343[/snapback][/right]

Have you tried removing any of your other skills off your skill bar to see if it does it for them?
Tal,May 23 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:Have you tried removing any of your other skills off your skill bar to see if it does it for them?
[right][snapback]78353[/snapback][/right]
Yes... It got started with me mentioning that Muurka wasn't holding agro, and Mirajj saying that Mirage was having the same problem... after a while it came to light that Muurka was casting Cower and losing agro, and Mirage was running out of Focus and couldn't cast Growl because Mirage was casting Claw, which Mirajj had removed from Mirage's ability bar.

I've covered all the bases, really.
It's a known problem, at least to the Hunters on the official boards in the Hunter form. I'm not sure if we ever did get a blue reply on it or not, though.

I think someone may have made a mod or macro to get around it as well. You might want to hunt for it. I'll post a link if I find it first. (But I'm going to sleep now, so my search will have to wait for tomorrow.)
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->