The rage formula
Does anyone know exactly how the rage formula works?

I've done some testing, and it appears that at level 60, you gain one rage for every 30 damage you deal. I don't know if this is completely accurate, or how it rounds, but this seems to be the case.

Has anyone tested this? I'd like to see numbers on dual weild to see if they're different at all.

If we can figure out the rage formula, we'll be able to start making calculators that show the REAL damage that weapons can put out.

I've also posted this on the official warrior boards, though who knows how much response it will get.
See if you get any test data that counters this:

RageForHitting = damage / (0.5 * level)
RageForGettingHit = damage / (1.5 * level)

Those have always at least been a decent ballpark, and explains why warriors can become highly frustrating if one's weapon DPS doesn't keep up with one's level.

Note: I got those formulas originally from the Blizzard Warrior boards, but I'm sure the post is long since eaten.

Rage while Power Word: Shield'ed needs to be re-tested. Some Warriors on the Blizz forums are maintaining that they've done methodical recent tests and not gotten rage. MongoJerry and I ran some tests a few months ago that showed that PW:S still allowed rage generation. Considering there were changes to warrior rage generation (getting rage on parry/block events), it's possible that both tests were accurate and PW:S now comes before the rage calculation.
Olon97,May 23 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:Rage while Power Word: Shield'ed needs to be re-tested. Some Warriors on the Blizz forums are maintaining that they've done methodical recent tests and not gotten rage. MongoJerry and I ran some tests a few months ago that showed that PW:S still allowed rage generation. Considering there were changes to warrior rage generation (getting rage on parry/block events), it's possible that both tests were accurate and PW:S now comes before the rage calculation.

Yeah, we should definitely test this the next chance we get.
MongoJerry,May 24 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:Yeah, we should definitely test this the next chance we get.
[right][snapback]78461[/snapback][/right]

I can confirm that you do NOT gain rage for getting hit while PW:Shielded. Preshield is still a good idea, since soaking the first 1000 or so damage means you get to delay healing and therefore getting aggro, but the Warrior won't get rage for being hit while Shielded.
Seek the truth
Behold the truth
Reveal the truth
That is the law and the whole of the law
Someone over at the Steel Warrior posted the following (in this thread):

Quote:My tests show that since about 2 patches ago, being bubbled no longer generates rage while taking damage. This really isn't a big deal, because it amounts to about 10 rage (900 damage).
While I haven't sat down and logged rage while PW:S'd since MJ and I tested it more than 2 patches ago (when it definitely did generate rage), just paying attention on a few familiar pulls with and without PW:S recently confirms this. Both the not working part and the not being a big deal part. :P